2.01 The Return

Go down

2.01 The Return

Post  ExtraCookie on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 am

I'll probably just be talking to myself as usual, but here goes anyway.

WOW! The season started off with a hell of a bang! Except for some of the John stuff, there wasn't a dull moment for me.

Stefan was sexy as hell in this! I could be imagining it, but he seems to look even better than he did last season for some reason. Anyway, that's not quite what I was referring to. What is it about him that makes me adore him when he's threatening/badass? I guess it's because it's such a contrast to his usual, low-key, sweet self. Stefan is definitely an extremely well-grounded, smart vampire. I like him more all the time. Although I know he'll never usurp Damon as #1, he may end up being pretty much neck-and-neck. Him threatening John was HOT! Him calling Katherine a bitch was HOT! His staying calm and in control (that thing he's so damned good at) and choosing to band with Damon rather than fight him (Damon was ADORABLE in that scene! "I'd fight me!" Very Happy ) was HOT! His quickly recognizing Katherine and slamming her around was HOT! He just impressed me a ton in this ep. Seriously, I have SUCH a thing for calm, cool, wise, in-control guys who take care of business and don't flake out; THAT is just so my type! It was also cool to see his own confused feelings about Katherine slip to the surface. I love how honest he was about everything in this ep. too; didn't lie about Jeremy or Katherine, etc.

Damon, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor baby! I got both of my favorite sides of him in this ep.: the broken, poor baby and the total, wicked badass, with a little charming funny sprinkled in. Poor vamp, getting rejected by probably the only two women he's ever truly loved both in one night. Not only rejected, but being rejected in favor of Stefan! My guess is that Katherine really only said that to stir up trouble. She may or may not have loved him. It's apparent that she pretty much lies whenever she opens her mouth, so who knows? I just know it devastated Damon so much it hurt to watch. It was totally freaky to see him that vulnerable when he "asked" Katherine his question. I see now what Ian's been talking about when he's been complaining about it feeling so weird to play Damon that way. He should rejoice & relax, though, he--so far--pulls it off well! It killed me that Elena couldn't get through to him; she handled herself perfectly. I hope, if no one else does, at least Stefan sticks by him through this crazy time and that we don't have to deal with totally, unbearably evil Damon for too long. The only reason I've ever been able to put up with his evil is because of the balance we get with us being shown where that evil comes from and how good he can be. I cannot wait to watch this downward spiral! Juicy!

The Big Question: Did he or did he NOT see that ring? I automatically assumed he did when I saw it, but Elena's so convinced he didn't. Stefan thinks he did, though, and he's Damon's brother. I think he did, but we they will make us think he didn't or at least guess that he most likely didn't for a while; they have to give us something to chew on!

I think you Czech chicks may be wasting your time merely hating Bonnie. I think she could become the character I love to hate. I knew she wouldn't be able to hurt Katherine as soon as Katherine acted like she was hurt. Fun! However, I do wish they'd give us more info on just exactly WHY Bonnie is so anti-Damon/vampire. OK, so her grandmother died helping them. And? It's not like they set out to kill her or tricked her or whatever. I'm still having this weird feeling that she and Damon will hook up at some point. Probably only for passionate hate sex (Damon's gonna be in a downward spiral for a while, remember, and when Damon's spiraling? Anything's possible), but, yeah. Besides, he's especially charming when he interacts with her. He also wanted her forgiveness even before she got so powerful. If nothing else, I think our darling sicko actually gets a kick out of her hostility towards him; he seems to like the challenge. That's our Damon! Prepare yourselves, Czech chicks! It may not come around 'til an end-of-season shocker, but I think, one day, it may well happen. See, my little children, this is a commonly done thing in TV Land: having two characters who hate each other fall in love or at least have sex. I haven't read the books, though, so I don't know for sure. Perhaps that will comfort you somewhat. Smile

I totally thought Jeremy was going to be turned! I freaked! Sorry, but I think he'd make a sucky, way over-emoed vamp. He's not vamp material. Unless vamping would fix his whiny emo problem. I don't know, though, knowing him, it'd make it worse. Very Happy I wonder if he and Tyler will end up friends. Kinda looks like they're headed that way. Um, Tyler's uncle is pretty easy on the eyes, as best I could tell on the crappy online copy of the show I watched. Yay, more hotness!

I can't be sure, but Damon seemed to genuinely feel bad for the Sheriff when he comforted her. Aw. I used to be so amused at her and the council's trust in him, now it may've taken a different turn; or at least could, eventually, once Damon's done being an evil asshole for a while. (I'm pretty confident it won't be permanent, although I doubt it'd turn off too many Damon fans!)

So, the magic ring regrows fingers, does it?! Wow!

Um, I don't think Nina does THAT fantastic a job of portraying Katherine; I see bits of Elena in there (especially when she was rejecting Damon). She does well, but not as well as everyone I've seen talking about it says, in my opinon. Also, just a reminder since it's a new season: I WANT HER HAIR, DAMN IT!

There was one thing missing that would've made this ep. SO much better: ALARIC!!!!!!!!!!! Where the holy hell was Alaric?! It's like with Cas! I wonder if we don't get to see him until the 3rd ep. too! That is bullshit! anger Maybe he'll be a key in getting Damon to pull himself back together; he may just be the only person in the right position to do it. It's easy to see that Damon may not exactly be clamoring to listen to his brother or Elena right now and who the hell else does he have? Oh, god, how cool! Come on, Alaric, you can do it, buddy! Woooo, go sexy English teacher, GO! Save Damon's ass! His mental ass; you've already saved his physical one once. They each have that jilted-lover thing in common and we've seen Alaric's awesome, healthy attitude towards it. This could work! Andbehotjustsayin'. I'm happy for any excuse to see Dalaric, but this in particular would be very cool! Poor Alaric, though; he'll probably be lucky to survive his helping-Damon time! pale

Last edited by ExtraCookie on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.01 The Return

Post  helps on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:17 pm

I'll probably just be talking to myself as usual, but here goes anyway.

Forget it. I cannot be quiet about this episode. So exciting. But I'll have to re-watch it, because so much happened in that ep and I have mixed feelings,too.

Agree with you on Stefan. He was rational, not hot for me, but very nice, smart and he was controlling himself. I like that he realize how dangerous Katherine is and that he and Damon need to stick together. That was actually my favorite moment of this episode - Damon wanting to fight with Stef and he being all smart, calm and cool and leaving Damon alone, ... You can tell Damon didn't expect that he's gonna get through it without scene. His face was LOL

Also about Stefan -yep, I liked he was a badass,too. It suits him better. I mean - vamps should be predators, so way to go Stefan. I enjoyed him in this episode. For that matter, I can admit I even didn't mind Bonnie much. She was little bothering, but not as I used to see her. And I was laughing so hard when Bonnie was so surprised that her powers didnt work on Kat. I know, I'm evil but she seems to be very full of herself lately, so I liked that she got to see, she's not THAT powerful. AND I liked Bonnie being mushy in the hospital and also the moment when she told Damon give Caroline blood. It was nice. Only thing that was missing would be Damon giving soft hug to Caroline, LOL

DAMON!!!! OMG! He was like lost puppy. Hurt puppy. very sad very sad very sad I could cry a river for him, seriously. [and I had tears in my eyes, even when I tried to fight it - here it is, i care about him way too much] I was so sorry for him since the beginning, because you could tell how sweet and confused he was. First sweet to Caroline's mom, trying to make things ok with that lil' witch,... then confused with Elena not knowing about anything that happened. I so feel for him. Elena means it well, what else she could do then tell him that she's surprised he would think she'd kiss him back ... But it was kinda cruel and it must have hurt very sad Not to mention that Katherine bitch who totally wanted to crush him. She's so evil!!! I think she was lying. Tho, I think she looked happy with both of them back then. BUT anyway, it's obvious that she wants to mess with Salvatores and she KNEW that Damon would do something stupid and would turn into his closed-evil-self. She just knew it and I'm convinced that's why she told him. But my poor Damon!! Silly Damon. I love him, but man... That was so silly to expect some nice or at least bearable answer from her. He came there with heart on his hand asking her with all innocence .... and she broke him again sad You can tell Damon really loved her, because he looked so naive and "naked" in front of her, showing off his vulnerable spots. I'd think he's learnt his lesson... My poor baby.... Awww. Elena you better take back that you hate him. How much pain can poor boy take? He feels so lonely and unwanted and rejected. Whyyyyy??????????? DAMON I WANT YOU!!! COME BABY! I'LL make YA happY!!! sad love
It was so NOT nice how he killed Jeremy. He knows Elena cares a lot for her brother. I think he didn't really give it much thought and did it, because as we know vamps are SO emotional. I'm not sure if he saw the ring. I'll have to rewatch it and then tell what it looked like, but for now I tend to believe he didn't care a lot about anything. Only thing that comforts me in those horrible times on TVD is that I know Alaric, Damon and Elena are gonna work together, so she's gonna work it out with Damon - also for the pics I've seen, there r gonna be some steamy[Ian said so] scenes between them. AND YES, Alaric was missing. But Im happy enough to know that he's gonna work with Damon&Elena and that means there should be enough of him. I sure hope that you're right and Stefan will stick with Damon. I like DELENA, I'm kinda shipper, but to be honest, it's only because they have chemistry, but Damon has the same chemistry with Stefan and Alaric,too so I prefer even more Damon with his brother[since SPN I'm all into brotherhood] and Alaric.

NOW GAME ON! What's gonna come next week???

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:06 pm

I know you're irrationally over protective of Damon; he's awesome, so it's hard to be rational. However, I totally understand Elena feeling hatred toward Damon. Jeremy's just a character to us. To her, he's her beloved little brother! If Damon were real, as much as you love him, if he murdered a dearly loved family member--right before your eyes, no less--I feel quite certain your feelings would immediately change for the worse! The only way I can imagine her getting over it is through Jeremy. I have a feeling that, at some point, he's not only going to forgive Damon for what he did, but thank him. Maybe--just maybe--that death was a wake-up slap to his pouty, emo face and he'll start manning up for a damned change. In the beginning, I adored Jeremy. He was cute as a button and tugged my heart strings. However, over time, he has gotten more broody and whiny and it's irritating. S.T.F.U., Jeremy. Yeah, life sucks, then you die. Boo hoo. At least you have a sister who'd do anything for you an aunt who's a good person & loves you and even an uncle (annoying racist that he is) who seems to love you, as well as a couple of vampire friends. OK, so one of them just killed you. But, before that, he did you a huge favor & gave you a mental boost . . . which you still managed to pout through. Move on, dude!

When you say "ship" do you mean slash?! Or just any kind of relationship? I love watching Damon & Alaric (especially) interact and Stefan, Damon and Alaric, but only as friends and brothers! Have you gone slash?!

ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:59 pm

I know you're irrationally over protective of Damon; he's awesome, so it's hard to be rational. However, I totally understand Elena feeling hatred toward Damon. Jeremy's just a character to us. To her, he's her beloved little brother!

No. You're right on this. We all know I have abnormal weak spot for Damon. I even was tearing when he was so hurt. [i guess Ian do that for me, just like Jensen always has me crying] I understand that she said she hates him.... it doesnt bother me that much as I know they're gonna work together again soon. Tho, their relationship is certainly gonna get back as where it was, but I liked it back then,too, so I'm not complaining. I'm just happy if Damon&Stefan and Damon&Alaric will get better.
AS FOR ELENA's POV - I get it. I do. Nina said once that if Elena had to choose, she'd always choose Jeremy over Stefan. She's lost her parents and Jer is everything she has. I understand she was shocked and full of hate. I get how much Jeremy means to her and Damon obviously knew that,too. After all, he did it to hurt her. It's really sad. He was double-rejected, shattered, his heart broken into thousands pieces and all he was able to do to make himself feel maybe a lil' better was to snap again... but as you can see in his face right after that, he regreted it immediately. I'm not trying to excuse that. There's no excuse for that and it was incredibly cruel way how to hurt Elena, but there are always two sides and sadly thanks to Katherine, Damon's been through too much. Elena was trying to comfort him, but it's Damon. Sad [i dont mean sad smiley like crying, but how some1 already mentioned, we dont have smiley who's simply sad] I think it's even worse because Elena had no idea Damon was rejected by Katherine again and what she told him.... Maybe she'd acted differently if she knew. Anyway, it's sad. I didn't want that for Damon, but on the other side -bright side- old fun Damon might come back. Still I want to hug him... and someone slap me already, because all I can talk about is Damon heart

As long as I know shippers are simply fans "shipping" certain couples. I see fans say this usually when it comes man/woman couples, but who knows....

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:15 pm

As long as I know shippers are simply fans "shipping" certain couples. I see fans say this usually when it comes man/woman couples, but who knows....

Right, so when you talk about Dalaric & their chemistry, do you mean friendship chemistry or something else? Nothing wrong with either thing, I just need to know what you're talking about.

Nina is right. Jeremy IS #1. You do NOT mess with her baby brother and, yes, that's exactly why Damon did that. Bless his heart, he's so childish. Lashes out when he's hurt. I don't think Stefan would ever have done that, no matter how much pain he was in. He sucks up his pain & takes it like a man.

Yeah, obviously, she'll get over it. As I said, it'll probably only be because Jeremy will get over it. The only other reason I can imagine would be if Damon makes it up to her by saving Jeremy or someone else she loves (probably Stefan or even Shocked Bonnie) later. If she gets over it simply by thinking, "Oh, well. So he killed my baby brother. I'm just over it" that'd be bad writing. I'm really hoping Jeremy mans up and gets cool and cool with Damon, which causes her to forgive him. That's the most entertaining scenario I can think of.

I can't wait to see how cool Stefan manages to be with an out-of-control Damon. And how Alaric will deal with him. This show is so fun! It's interesting as compared to "Supernatural." "Supernatural" is so dramatic and I'm so involved. The characters are like my family somehow and I get so drawn in. T.V.D. is just, I don't know, so fun! I'm attached to the characters in it, too, but in a different way somehow. One thing, though, they need to cut down on the songs. I think I've mentioned it before, but it's annoying & gives it a more soap-opera, teen-agery feel. That scene in the hospital with Caroline & everyone made me feel like I was watching a soap or "Beverly Hills 90210" or something. Gag.
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Right, so when you say Dalaric & their chemistry, do you mean friendship chemistry or something else? Nothing wrong with either thing, I just need to know what you're talking about.

I meant friendship chemistry, of course. When I say chemistry I mean that they care about each other OBVIOUSLY ENOUGH FOR AUDIENCE to enjoy that&notice/have something in common/having awesome interactions. ANyway, all of those or some of those. Depends on who we're talking about. But Im not definitely thinking about slash.

I don't think Stefan would ever have done that, no matter how much pain he was in. He sucks up his pain & takes it like a man

True. Damon was childish and again no excused for that, but as for Stefan, you have to admit he's got it a lot easier. Back then Damon was much softer guy, more caring and innocent. When they took away Katherin, Damon was broken and wanted to die, but Stefan made him drink and survive. Damon feels hurt and that's why he chooses to switch his emotions off. Stefan claims he never loved Katherine - who knows, but he certainly was never that hurt and he didn't suffer like Damon did. Also Stefan came back into Mystic Falls and just with one snap of fingers, he made Elena fell for him. He doesn't know all the pain Damon experienced.... But it's the truth, Stefan is aware of it, because he wants to protect Damon from another hurtful experience. I'll stop blah blah-ing now. All in all, Stefan can handle those situations much better, but then he's emotionally stable, unlike Damon.

If she gets over it simply by thinking, "Oh, well. So he killed my baby brother. I'm just over it" that'd be bad writing. I'm really hoping Jeremy mans up and gets cool and cool with Damon, which causes her to forgive him. That's the most entertaining scenario I can think of.

I dont think it's the case. I think either - she's gonna work with Damon, but they'll be gone back in days when they were kinda mean to each other OR Stefan&her learns that Katherine told Damon she never loved him&altough she'll be still mad, she will feel for him,too.... Or how you said, he's gonna do something nice or Jeremy will convince Elena to forgive him - which I dont see coming, but who knows... we'll see.

I can't wait to see how cool Stefan manages to be with an out-of-control Damon. And Alaric. This show is so fun!

Yep, cannot wait to see next episode. cheers

As for comparing to SPN. Today I felt stressed while watching TVD like I do while I watch SPN. I mean, feeling bad, frustrated etc... I hope next ep will make me feel better. THo, there were nice moments,too.

and as for music, i actually today liked songs. im gonna download some of them,lol

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Not so little/innocent helps totally yelled at me on Twitter today to come here and post, so here I am. wild ride

Poor Damon, his male ego lies shattered in a 1000 pieces on the floor and then Katherine purposefully and Elena unwittingly trample on those pieces to top it off! Sad He should have known better than to expect a declaration of her love for him from Katherine. Ah, what a harsh blow it must have been for him to hear from Katherine and Elena both "it always was and always will be Stefan".

I'm ever growing more fond of Stefan. Like Cookie I love the calm, controlled, settled personality of his. He got really great leadership qualities. Of course it always will be Stefan for Katherine, too, exactly because he didn't fall in love with her and she had to glamour him. That's an insult and a challenge a twisted ego like Katherine's can't simply let go.
And I understand that exactly that controlled personality drives Damon crazy. Basketball

As for Bonnie, I am very happy she's back and added some abilities to her feather floating. If she and Damon got in some sort of relatioship (and I'm again with Cookie, that's pretty likely to happen, if only to balance out the kinda boring steady healthy relationship Stefan and Elena have) and Bonnie wouldn't want to have sex with him for some unfathomable reason Laughing she wouldn't need the "darling, I have a headache" excuse, she could give him a headache instead. witch
I'm happy Damon has someone who is his match in her. I'm with you that it was stupid of her to expect her headache inducing magic to work on Katherine, too.

Nina did an ok job on the double role, though they gave Katherine and Elena compeltely different hairstyles, so it wasn't that much of a challenge for her to make it clear to the audience who was on screen at any given time. I bet it's great fun for Nina tp jerk Damon/Ian around physically as well as mentally. bounce

I'm confused by the ring. It's a protection against vampires ring, how exactly does it work? Is it only about not being able to turn after death? And please someone explain to me why Jer came back from the dead twice? I'm sure I forgot stuff from the previous season, maybe that was explained.
Jer wants to be a vampire, so he might not bitch and whine about it, but actually enjoy it.

Mason surfer dude hopefully turns out to be cool. Objectively he looks good, but he's not really my type. He has a good starting point for becoming a cool character, because obviously he has learned to controlled his irate werewolf personality (Daddy never seemed to have), so he could be another calm, in charge character.

So Caroline is gonna become a vampire, right? She's the last one I'd thought anyone would wanna turn. Now she can be annoying forever. affraid I hope Stefan is gonna take her under his wing. Also now Matt will get to know about vampires, right?

See! I haven't abandoned you guys, VD or SPN for BW. I love all of you! I love you beating heart heart

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Not so little/innocent helps totally yelled at me on Twitter today to come here and post, so here I am. wild ride

LOL. I didn't yell. I only told you if u're coming or not Laughing you're so melodramatic.

Poor Damon, his male ego lies shattered in a 1000 pieces on the floor and then Katherine purposefully and Elena unwittingly trample on those pieces to top it off! Sad

very sad very sad very sad very sad very sad DAMON!

He should have known better than to expect a declaration of her love for him from Katherine.

That's what I said. Damn, what he expected! He couldn't think she would dream about happily ever after and being settled somewhere with him... He said it so many times that she's selfish narcissistic bitch. How could he think she'd settle down with him?! Damon, I would so do that, but Kat? She enjoys games and torturing people etc. He should have known better. confused I dont understand why he did it- showing off his most vulnerable spots. So silly Sad

Of course it always will be Stefan for Katherine, too, exactly because he didn't fall in love with her and she had to glamour him. That's an insult and a challenge a twisted ego like Katherine's can't simply let go.

I'm not necessarily convinced that Katherine was telling Damon the truth - I think she might loved him at some point, but thhere's no doubt she said it to slap Damon off the edge. To be honest, I also think she'd choose Stefan over Damon,tho. It's how you said - Damon wants her, it's no challenge. It's like with Damon - they have this in common. He didn't want Caroline, because it was kinda easy, plus she was shallow and stuff. Elena on the other hand is person who stands up to him and I think that's what made him fall for her.

If she and Damon got in some sort of relatioship

Please DON'T!!! I couldn't handle that! That'd totally kill me! PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOO!!

About the ring - I don't know. It's complicated and confusing. I don't understand it much. I don't understand - did John meant that ring brings u back from death only when vampire or supernatural thing kills you?
And Jeremy probably died once, because Stefan said Anna's blood healed him? pff... something like that.

Caroline as a vamp. Wow. I cannot imagine that. But I hope DAMON [why it always have to be Stefan for you girls No ] will help her (not by killing her Laughing ) and they could make a cool vamp couple. Not as in relationship, but they could be friends or something. I know, I'm too naive. Anyways, I'm curious. How she's gonna deal with it? What about her mom and Mattie? Wow. It'll be cool to watch it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:37 pm

About helps defending Damon:
Truth is, Damon is not only a physical blood sucking vampire, he's also an emotional one. He's emotionally needy. Stefan isn't. I don't think Stefan would go on a human blood drinking binge and kill everything that moves to numb his pain if Elena broke up with him, or even if she got killed. He might try to kill whoever got her killed, but he wouldn't take innocent lives in the process in his hurt stage.

Also, Damon was telling Jer being a vamp is super, because you can switch off the pain. Vampire pain switching off doesn't seem to work any better than humans trying to switch off pain and guilt by abusing substances.

Calena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:23 pm

Agree that Damon is emotinally needy... but it's only guess that Stefan wouldnt go and kill people. Maybe if he loved Katherine like Damon did, he'd act differently,too. Damon didn't want to live without Katherine and wanted to die and Stefan came and saved him by kinda forcing him into drinking. Stefan is much more reasonable these days, but again Damon used to be sweet and innocent,too. And we got to see his naive, innocent part again in return while telling Katherine to answer his question. So it's not like he's cold mass killer. He's got a lot of good inside of him. Only problem is what you mentioned - that as a vampire he can switch off his emotions and can walk around and do whatever he wants without feeling bad about it. And if u were so lonely and hurt and had this option to switch that pain off, wouldn't you do that? At least sometimes? I know, I would because sometimes I feel pretty crappy,too. And if he doesnt feel any emotions, how could he care about who he's hurting along the way?! When you all tend to compare him to Stefan[although i don't understand why, bc they're in very different situations in their life] Stefan doesn't need to switch it off, because he feels loved and lives with person that he wanted since he first met her.

Also, Damon was telling Jer being a vamp is super, because you can switch off the pain. Vampire pain switching off doesn't seem to work any better than humans trying to switch off pain and guilt by abusing substances.

I disagree. It was working great for Damon until Elena was getting to him. You remember how he turned Vicki and didn't give a crap about her death? How he said none of this matters to him? It was at time when he didn't care at all. But as he got closer to Elena and thought she cares about him and when she saved him etc. His feelings were brough up to the surface and since that everything was different and sadly for Damon and everyone included didn't end up that well. So anyway, point is that it worked well for Damon until he started to feel something towards Elena.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Where to start? I'll get the painful truth out first; like ripping off a bandage: helps, accept it: Donnie, Bamon, whatever you wanna call it, will most likely happen. Trust me, this is how TV works. I haven't read the books, though, so it's definitely not a fact. Actually, no matter what the books say, it wouldn't really mean anything, as they're not sticking exactly to the books. Just prepare yourself. Loved the headache joke! Laughing (<---if I ever actually see anyone laugh like that, I'll freak out!)

The magic ring of John's and, now, Jeremy's ring is like Alaric's. They resurrect you, period. It doesn't matter how you died. And, unless I'm mistaken, it regrows limbs or at least digits. Wow!

Jeremy didn't die after he OD'd. Anna's blood kept that from happening. He only died when Damon killed him and his ring brought him back. I guess our question with him now is will John get to him and turn him against vamps or will Damon's death be the slap to the face he needed and he'll be on their and his sister's side? Or both? Quite likely both, first the former, then the latter. Whatever happens, I just need him to stop whining and being all woe-is-me. ENOUGH!

I'm with you, helps, about Caroline and Damon. Like I said, I bet Damon will LOVE her standing up to him. Damon is mad for people who stand up to him. The best thing Alaric ever did for Damon was to punch him! If T.V.D. were a cartoon, there'd have been hearts popping up around Damon and sappy music playing right after Alaric punched him; love at first punch! Caroline at the very least launches his ass down a hallway! I'm about 99% sure he is gonna LOVE that! After she gets her bitchiness towards him out of her system, I think it's highly likely he'll be the one to take her under his wing. Which will probably make her very dangerous. FUN! At least, that's how I'd write it. What a Face

helps, can you PROVE Damon was any more "innocent" than Stefan? What did or didn't he do that makes you think he was some innocent, wide-eyed child? He was quite the adult. Made a very grown-up decision to desert the army, get involved with vampires, etc. I'm not remembering all this innocence you keep talking about. Falling in love with Katherine doesn't make him innocent. He was attracted to her so fell in love with her, the end. Adults do that all the time. He was somewhat immature (and still is), but not innocent. He wasn't even mature enough to LISTEN to Stefan, hear him out and realize that he did NOT tattle on Katherine to their father but, rather, tried to feel his father out on his intentions/heart in the hopes that he could save Katherine without major problems. He couldn't know his father was gonna figure out the truth; he was just a young guy! And YES, he's in a good situation NOW. He hasn't always been, though. As far as we know, Elena is his very first real love. Stefan also didn't choose to be a vampire at first. He was forced into the position of dying or vamping out and he--like any other real-life human--was afraid to die & went for the alternative. He enjoyed that sensation at first and wanted to share it with Damon. He didn't have evil intent and he DIDN'T force Damon to do it. Stefan had pretty equal opportunity to be an out-of-control, wicked vampire too, but, because he has a different personality, he didn't. Damon's awesome and I understand he's been through some shit and is shattered. However, he is NOT some innocent little puppy who's been used and abused. He chose his path. He even CHOSE to be a vampire at first bite, whereas Stefan was forced. Also, he had that same, rash personality before he was ever a vampire. In conclusion, I adore Damon and I hurt for what he's been through, but I never excuse the flat-out evil shit he's done nor do I think he's had it so much worse than Stefan. Whew!

I could be wrong, but I think what Calena was trying to say was that, despite Damon's words, that whole turning-off-your-emotions thing is bullshit. Damon claims it's true and maybe has fooled himself into believing it's true, but, apparently, it isn't. And it was obvious way back when he claimed not to "care about any of this" that he was lying, anyway. We discussed that at the time. Obvious lie. Elena probably even saw through it. I think vampirism is like a drug: you can sort of "escape" with it for a while, but, underneath, nothing is solved, nothing is fixed, and the pain is always there, just waiting to pounce.

Actually, I generally find that being numb is even worse than hurting like hell, but that's just me and I'm just sayin'. Wait. Actually, it's NOT just me. You've heard of cutters, right? That's WHY they do it. To feel something, even if it's pain. Of course, we're all individuals, but it seems like Damon's figuring out he'd rather hurt than not feel, no?

I kinda think Katherine never really loved either Salvatore. Or anyone else. Ever. She seems to be a sociopath. (I think that's the word I'm looking for.) The only person she's probably ever loved is herself. She just likes messing with people.

There, I think I'm done! Ow, my hands!

ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:06 pm

helps, accept it: Donnie, Bamon, whatever you wanna call it, will most likely happen.

Please don't. I found out that I can't even stand the actress. The way she delivers the lines etc. It drives me crazy angry She and Damon? How? He hates her, she hates him... and in different way than all others. There's no spark between them, no chemistry. I can't imagine that. She could be his challenge but them as couple -it is very odd. tss

The magic ring of John's and, now, Jeremy's ring is like Alaric's. They resurrect you, period. It doesn't matter how you died. And, unless I'm mistaken, it regrows limbs or at least digits. Wow!

But John was talking about that it didn't save Jer's father, bc you have to die by hand of vampire?! Didn't he say something like that? I might be wrong. My memory isn't the best.
Agree about Jeremy. I'm tired of his whining - while I see that he's been through a lot of pain,too, they're taking it way too far. He and Damon need to get over all crap that happened to them.

LOL. Damon lovign Alaric punch? I believe so. lol! Now I can imagine that scene - Damon will be so surprised, Car will throw him away and he comes back with smirk on his face, looking at her with curiosity, still smiling and sayine some one-liner... Now he needs to be better and help her a little. Not like with Vicky, letting her run around all alone...

I don't have any prove for you. Damon just seemed very sweet, naive and innocent back then. It's my impression and I agreed on that with few other people, but it's only personal opinion, nothing granted. Yea, he was rash back then,too. And yep, he wanted to be with Katherine and become a vamp, but she totally won him over. Toyed with him. And love made him so blind Sad

Oh, if that's what Cal was trying to say. But it's once again only guessing. I think it's partly truth. But I also believe that those emotions, pain, rage etc. I think it's there, but well hidden. And as for anger and rage - how comes he seems to be feeling angry at times? Isn't it emotion,too? rofl Maybe you can choose which one u wanna feel and what not?!

I kinda think Katherine never really loved either Salvatore. Or anyone else. Ever. She seems to be a sociopath. (I think that's the word I'm looking for.) The only person she's probably ever loved is herself. She just likes messing with people.

I agree. You actually have a point here. Thinking about it, you're probably right.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 pm

She and Damon? How? He hates her, she hates him... and in different way than all others. There's no spark between them, no chemistry. I can't imagine that. She could be his challenge but them as couple -it is very odd.
Ah, you're so young. Trust this older chick, TV/movies/books, etc. LOVE to throw together enemies in sexual/romantic ways. You're so prejudiced against the actress (which I don't get; I think she does just fine) that you don't see what I see. Damon loves messing with her. It's totally one-sided so far, but, yeah. She's a challenge. He likes that. He's scared of her too, yes, but he likes sparring with her. They'll probably pull that scenario wherein they get trapped in some awful situation together and are forced to depend upon each other to get out of it and, in the process, end up liking something about each other or hooking up out of desperation. Razz

Laughing Yep, my Jimmy sig is still depressing as ever. Sad If Misha ever uses that face in real life, I bet it always gets him his way!
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm

No. I'm not that young. I realize TV shows do that a lot. To make everyone date everyone during the years. Especially ppl that hate each other, because they think it's so unpredictable. But Gosh, I hope TVD writers will leave those two alone. I'd like to see if they'd get a bit closer and Bonnie friendlier, but other than that... I cannot stand image of Bamon. And to be honest, I dont really know why actress bothers me so much. But she does. Bonnie is so arrogant, I dunno. Elena used to stand up to him, but it was different. Bonnie threatens him all the time and it's annoying. pulling out hair

LOL. Jimmy. Poor Jimmy. sad and Calena is still rebelious, not having avatar or signature. Such a rebel. happy-ish

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Oooh, I learned a few things about Bonnie and Damon from the books! But I'll be kind and not tell you. Besides, books are one thing, TV shows another. Um, but I think usually they do stick with the same basic relationships in books. If two people like each other in a book, they do in the show and vice versa. What a Face

I read a few posts about Bonnie and they reminded me of her point of view, and I don't feel so harsh towards her anymore. I'd been (as usual) so focused on Damon and Alaric, etc. that I'd forgotten a lot about her perspective. Not that you care, but Damon nearly killed her. In real life, if anyone nearly killed YOU, no matter how sexy he was, you'd probably never forgive him. That's enough right there for her to treat him like crap. Beyond that, he attacked and used her friend (Caroline) and used her to set free a bunch of monsters that threatened the entired town (& caused the death of her grandmother in the process). I hate seeing anyone be mean to Damon (well, no I don't, not really; depends upon who and why. It's actually often fun because he handles it so well, with that cocky attitude of his), but anyone who isn't totally Damon blinded and doesn't dislike the actress would admit she does have very good reasons. Again, the nearly being murdered by him thing alone is enough. Very few people forgive their would-be murderer. Yes, I can say that Damon probably in the back of his mind knew good and well that Stefan would save her, but we don't know that for sure and she certainly doesn't either. Remember, she doesn't know Damon like we do. The audience gets to see him from multiple angles. We get to learn personal things about him that characters don't. Also, if you felt threatened by some monster who was more powerful than you and who'd caused (however unintentional/indirectly) your beloved family member's death, nearly intentionally killed you and attacked & used your friend and set loose a big threat to your town, wouldn't you do what you could to keep him in line? I'm not saying I wouldn't rather Bonnie be able to see things from another perspective, get to know and understand Damon better and start being cool. I AM saying I do understand where she's coming from, though.
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:17 pm

1. He thought it was EMILY at that moment. It wasn't like he wanted to kill Bonnie - that's quite difference, although yea I understand she doesn't like him - but she blames him for everything bad that happened to her etc.

2. He used Caroline, but didn't kill her, always erased her memory etc. Tho, yea I'm mad at him for treating her like crap, but what now?! Caroline can stand up for herself and I'm pretty sure she'll kick his ass now on her own. That's not reason for Bonnie to constatnly come to him and threatening him....
Please tell me when Damon forced Caroline to free bunch of monsters?

3. If u remember Bonnie's grandmother offered her help on her own, because their plan was to imprison Damon inside with other vamps and let him die in the underground. That it didn't work can't be blamed on Damon and death of her granny certainly isn't anyone's fault. She did it voluntarily.

I understand that she dislikes him a lot. That's okey, I don't want her to be his friend or like him. But she blames him for even breathing. She doesn't bother to think a little. She sees only bad stuff that he does. I don't mind, tho. She can punish him if she sees he killed someone. But walking around with that arrogant look of her and threatening him even when he doesnt do anything, but walks around is little too much, sorry.

BTW, please noooo?! They're gonna end up together in the books?! Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm

helps wrote:1. He thought it was EMILY at that moment. It wasn't like he wanted to kill Bonnie - that's quite difference, although yea I understand she doesn't like him - but she blames him for everything bad that happened to her etc. --What?! No he didn't! He knew good and well Emily had been dead for a very long time & her spirit was possessing Bonnie, he's not retarded!

2. He used Caroline, but didn't kill her, always erased her memory etc. Tho, yea I'm mad at him for treating her like crap, but what now?! Caroline can stand up for herself and I'm pretty sure she'll kick his ass now on her own. That's not reason for Bonnie to constatnly come to him and threatening him....
Please tell me when Damon forced Caroline to free bunch of monsters? -- Oh, yeah, that's OK, then. There's certainly nothing wrong with sucking someone's blood & traumatizing the hell out of them (remember her on the lawn, shaking and crying at that party, etc.?), treating them like dirt as long as you erase their memory. I certainly would be OK with that, who wouldn't? Rolling Eyes Whatever she may do in the future, all Bonnie has to go on is the past & present. You've misunderstood something; I never said he made Caroline free monsters. I said he used Bonnie to free them.

3. If u remember Bonnie's grandmother offered her help on her own, because their plan was to imprison Damon inside with other vamps and let him die in the underground. That it didn't work can't be blamed on Damon and death of her granny certainly isn't anyone's fault. She did it voluntarily. -- No matter what the specifics, Bonnie's grandmother died because Damon exists. Period. Don't tell me you wouldn't have harsh feelings towards someone who caused the death of a loved one. It's not like Damon was all sweet & innocent & accidentally hit her with his car or something. He is a murderous vampire, most any real-life human would see that as a threat, esp. if they didn't personally know the vamp. MOST especially if her family had negative history with vampires. That's understandable.

I understand that she dislikes him a lot. That's okey, I don't want her to be his friend or like him. But she blames him for even breathing. She doesn't bother to think a little. She sees only bad stuff that he does. I don't mind, tho. She can punish him if she sees he killed someone. But walking around with that arrogant look of her and threatening him even when he doesnt do anything, but walking around is little too much, sorry. --He did do something. He got into her space & talked to her when he knows good and well she wants nothing to do with him. His presence is a threat to her, she's making sure he knows she's not to be messed with. SHE CAN FLOAT FEATHERS & CAUSE HEADACHES, DAMMIT, SHE'S DANGEROUS! bom Laughing

BTW, please noooo?! They're gonna end up together in the books?! Rolling Eyes --SPOILER ALERT! All right, I read on a forum that "Damon has a soft spot" for Bonnie and that he's kissed her (even before Elena). That's all I know.
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Okeeeeeeeeey. I know, it was Bonnie's body, but EMILY was destroying crystal and Damon attacked her. Again it's not like he'd try to kill Bonnie out of blue.
I said I'm mad at him for treating Caroline like crap. What else can I do? That's one thing I really didn't like about him. Being bad at Car and killing Lexi. Bonnie is being little too melodramatic. AND I'm not gonna agree on your "Damon's existence" cause her granny's death. Her granny was brave and wanted to imprison Damon with other vamps in the tomb, but they weren't strong enough or didn't somehow manage the spell. Anyhow, I don't care, Damon didn't force her. It was her own plan how to get rid of all vamps.

-He did do something. He got into her space & talked to her when he knows good and well she wants nothing to do with him. His presence is a threat to her, she's making sure he knows she's not to be messed with

Not true Razz She came to him in the last ep. She came there talking about why device worked on Lockwood and then she had to get crazy and arrogant again and started to threaten Damon only because he pointed out that her not moving spell off the device basically killed Tyler's dad. She got all upset and kept blaming him again. Neutral

So Damon kissed her in books - like in first book? I guess that's ok, because it means they're doing Bonnie different.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:45 pm

I could be wrong, but I think what Calena was trying to say was that, despite Damon's words, that whole turning-off-your-emotions thing is bullshit. Damon claims it's true and maybe has fooled himself into believing it's true, but, apparently, it isn't. And it was obvious way back when he claimed not to "care about any of this" that he was lying, anyway. We discussed that at the time. Obvious lie. Elena probably even saw through it. I think vampirism is like a drug: you can sort of "escape" with it for a while, but, underneath, nothing is solved, nothing is fixed, and the pain is always there, just waiting to pounce.
Yep, that's indeed what I was trying to say. cyclops

Calena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:48 pm

Cookie, you're reading the VD books?

Calena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 am

Nope. I read that info on a forum; it may even be inaccurate, but the person apparently read the book and was saying what it said. I wonder if the books are any good. I doubt it; I imagine they're too teenagery for my taste. I'd read 'em if I got hold of 'em for free or nearly free & had nothing better to read, though.
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blackdarkness on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:47 am

Sooo at first hello guys Smile
Well I should start write about first episode of TVD but I'm pretty sure that everything was said before. And also I really doubt that I'll be able to write such a long pieces of knowledge as you all did.
Anyway my feelings: WOOOW I didnt expect such a start with action and interesting inverses.
I found out I should really watch first season again, at least 3 last episodes. I didnt recognize the beginning of this episode and for a while I was lost, lost in dark scary woods, and sure I was pretty affraid:affraid:
Now to damon and even now I know that Helps already fable about him and so on. He was finally cute drooling , carry, nice, he didnt want to bite every human who went around...and then some f bounce cking oold but still sexy damn vampire come back and break his dead heart again! angry I'm really wonder how its gonna be with damon in next episodes....
Now to Bonnie...Well 4 words are enough...I still hate her! and what about that how she hurted damon with her psychic mind? She didnt have to do it! woodoo Evil or Very Mad
nothing more on my mind...
blackdarkness
fangless sparkling vampire
fangless sparkling vampire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Me too on the rewatching. I'd totally meant to watch the entire season before this season's debut. It just somehow never happened. Then, I totally meant to watch the finale at least before the debut. Did that happen? Nope.

At risk of getting ripped apart for talking about Bonnie, she needed to demonstrate how power to Damon so that he realized she wasn't bluffing.

Bonnie haters, you need to realize something: the best friend of a lead character is almost always depicted as overall good. He/she may stray from time to time (like any human) and make people mad at her/him, but if the best friend (that the main character has known since she/he was a CHILD) turns out to be evil, it looks bad for the main character. Like she's stupid or severely unobservant and/or unintuitive. Bottom line: I'm sure they won't want to make Elena come off as stupid or blind, etc., so it's pretty unlikely they're gonna have Bonnie just be the bad girl. Sorry. Maybe, though, if enough people hate her and make noise about it, they'll make her bad. It'd need to be the majority, though and, as far as I know, the majority of fans do not hate her.

ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum