2.02 Brave New World

Go down

2.02 Brave New World

Post  ExtraCookie on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:47 am

Great ep.! Caroline! Wow! It was fun watching her launch Damon down the hall and tell him he sucks. Laughing Yes, she definitely could turn out to be a scary vampire, but then watching her control herself with Matt made me think she may not be, or that she may be Damon-like--a mixture of scary & good. She was so funny, worrying about the carnival even though she'd just turned into a vampire & drank someone's blood! Speaking of Matt, it's nice to see he's actually in love with her and over Elena. Yay! Why'm I so sappy lately? I'd really like these two to work out, I think they're adorable together. *Ahem* Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Stefan was SO sweet with Caroline! I melted! on the cloud He as good as made himself responsible for her. He is such a doll! Speaking of Stefan . . .

I really liked him in this episode too! Again, making tough decisions, being calm, taking care of business and being so sweet with Caroline then Elena at the end. Aw. This is good that they've had him spotlighted lately. Damon is SUCH a show stealer, it's a smart move to focus on Stefan & do some awesome things with him.

Damon is so deliciously cute! "I've got better things to do . . .like explode." heart The way he finally dealt with Jeremy at the end . . . awww! He's better at the big brother thing than he thinks; at least, he can be when he tries to be. "I don't do the big brother thing very well. Sorry I don't have any milk & cookies to offer you." Laughing Already, Jeremy seems cooler; I think getting killed may've been the best thing that ever happened to him. Also, what male doesn't Damon have chemistry with?! He can, apparently, click with any guy alive who isn't an out-and-out enemy. Wait, Alaric was at first, so, scratch that! Any guy alive who's good AND stands up to him. Damon + Stefan = great, Damon + Alaric = great, Damon + Jeremy = great. Damon's just good stuff. Cool I liked seeing (when he was focusing on the Lockwood mystery) that Damon is also smart & clever when he's not all out of control and being pissy.

The Salvatores are so much more entertaining when they're getting along & working together. I like this. Very Happy

Wow, that poor guy at the carnival! That was just not his night. Compelled by a vamp, forced to fight by a vamp then vamp chow.

Um, Bonnie? Yeah, Caroline getting vamped wasn't Damon's fault at all. Maybe Bonnie should just hurry up and have hate sex with Damon, then move.

When Stefan paused at the carnival and Elena was all, "What is it? What do you hear?" if Stefan WAS trying to listen to something, she needed to shut the hell up. She gained major cool points with me a few minutes later, though, when she jumped between Damon's stake and Caroline. That was bad-ass! Damon was right: whatever happens now is on her. And, ya know what? Stuff's gonna happen. I felt sorry for Bonnie when she realized Caroline was a vampire. I know, none of you did, but I did. tongue

Really, I don't know how T.V.D. does it. The general elements of this show aren't my thing. I have to admit, it's got some soap-operaish/teenagery elements to it, but it manages to handle them in a way that I like. Good job! (It took them around 6 episodes to make it work for me, but they did it!) I wish they hadn't changed the title card; the rose was prettier!

FIN

P.S. Um. Oops. I did it again. I know what I did wrong this time, but it's too late now. Yes, this, too was meant to be in the Season Two thread. helps, don't kill me! scared
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This was EPIC!

Post  helps on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Aww. I can't get over how wonderful TVD is. There are soapy moments, but still.... I ADORE those guys. Damon, Caroline, Stef and Jer made this episode for me. They were perfect.

1] CAROLINE - Omg, you go girl. I'm your new fan. She was hilarious. Since the first moment, I couldn't help it and laught at her. You're so right - she was just turned into vamp and all she cares about is organization of carneval and that Elena can't make it. rofl Then Car apologizing for biting the nurse, Lmao. She was awesome. Kicking Damon's ass, hahahaha. Yep, sorry my dear Damon, but I'm happy she did that to you. His face was priceless. "You suck" rofl

2] DAMON -my dear, can he be any more awesome, cute, sweet, badass, smart?! ==>> simply put can he be any more perfect?! He was a star in this episode for me. As usual, but today I especially loved him. Tho, other characters I mentioned were great,too. Damon and Stefan moments brothers heart That's so cool to see them talk to each other and co-operate instead of hate. Damon is gonna be part of the council, yay. Damon trying to investigate Lockwoods family secret, double yay. Damon trying to "save" Caroline, yay. I think she's gonna be trouble. I love her, but she can't keep it a secret. Sure not before Matt. And her mom -hmmm. Damon was right as cruel as it might sound. But whatever, it's on Elena, Razz
DAmoN AND JEREMY on the cloud Kuddos to writers, that was nicely done and I actually believed that Jer would do something like that. And yea, of course Damon had to play badass, but then... he might claim he's not a good big brother, but well... Dearest Damon it's not about milk and cookies pats u When you try to be nice, you're actually great Smile I'm so team Jamon, now. XD

3] Stefan - man, I really like you. He is so calm and cool lately. AND he stopped with judging, but rather concentrate on how fix things and their problems. Smart, gooooood Stefan. I'm happy to see he finally stands by Damon and tries to seek some understanding and I'm happy Damon doesn't push him away and rather tries to get things work. heart Stefan was really so sweet with Caroline. What a good guy. I think it's gonna end bad,too but I wouldn't want them to kill her off, sooo... Good that he's going to try help her.

4] Jeremy - all I have to say is that he's getting better, less whiny and he was actually doing fine facing Damon, considering he killed him. All's good. I hope Elena will remind Damon of that at least few times, I don't wanna be it like they all accept it and make some excuses for Damon. It'd be cheap. But yea, good that Jeremy kinda forgives him.

5] Lockwoods - very interesting. Well, not very... but still it's fun to watch them. Next ep should be more exciting -->> season 2 thread.

I admit that I wasn't that mad at Bonnie. Yea, I hated that she burnt Damon for nothing, she used him, because he was around and she hates him.... I was mad at her. He didn't do anything wrong. BUT then she was broken,too and when I can forgive Damon who's been doing bad things out of pain, I think Bonnie deserves at least that much understanding. She looked so shocked that Caroline is a vampire [maybe also partly blamed herself for it] and more so that her potentional boyfriend got killed by her. I think it was too much. Still she shouldn't have done that.

OVERALL AWESOME EP AND NEXT ONE SEEMS VERY COOL, tOO beating heart

PS: About the thread - you're doing it right. I only added numbers to episodes, because for someone it might be hard to remember names of eps and their order. It'll help me, if no one else... Very Happy I have season 2 thread for spoilers, news, interviews, pictures etc. ,but I like the way you create new threads for new eps, because if we had only one thread for all episodes, it'd get messy and it'd take a lot of time to find ep you want. Plus anyone new to this forum, couldn't simply comment on older eps. So don't worry, no punishment for ya high five

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.02 Brave New World

Post  ExtraCookie on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:44 pm

I hope they keep Caroline hanging onto at least some of her shallowness, because a shallow vampire is FUN, I learned last night! I could not BELIEVE she was all worried about the carnival when she had JUST vamped out, attacked someone & drank her blood! That's probably the funniest moment the show's ever had! More, please! I sincerely doubt she's going anywhere, since the actress recently talked about Caroline's future and what she's going to be going through, etc. I doubt she'd have lied. Naturally, Matt'll know she's a vampire eventually and the fact that her mom is a vampire hunter is fun! I think this will be interesting. I hope to see loads of she and Damon bickering and snarking; that would probably be tons of hilarious fun! Obviously, since he's so much older, she'd never be a real, directly physical threat to him, but she could be a fun little pain in his ass that he can't help but like despite himself. You know how Damon is about people who stand up to him. Very Happy

Jamon--all the Jamon stuff was gold. That ending scene especially. I don't think with Jeremy it's necessarily a matter of forgiveness exactly. It's more that he's had a very mature (you go, boy!) moment of clarity and realized that simply staking Damon isn't the answer to his problems and won't--ultimately--help anything. Remember, up until the moment Damon freaked out and killed him, these two always liked each other and got along great. Jeremy is being shockingly mature right now! He wants to learn about everything and decide what seems right and where he stands. I think our adorable, smart lil' dude already pretty much realizes Damon's not simply some out-and-out enemy who killed him because he's evil; he gets there's more there. I think he'll follow through with that and like/love him like everyone else with half a brain does. What a Face Once it's been made clear to Elena that he's OK with Damon, she will eventually be too. I'm OK with her being put off by him for a while, though. It's something different; refreshing. Ah, and Jeremy did it--he stood up to Damon; threatened him, even nearly tried to kill him. Do you see a pattern here? Damon is going to ADORE him! Very Happy By the way, I LOVE Jeremy's (what's the actor's name? Oh, Steven McQueen or something?) new haircut! Thank goodness he got that; his hair had gotten entirely too floppy. Which means Calena probably loved it. I loved Damon making fun of Jeremy's stake-making skills: ". . . Only it was 1864; people knew how to whittle." Laughing

Heh heh heh, if Bonnie keeps on setting Damon on fire and what-not, she is going to drive him mad with passion! Not being evil + standing up to Damon (the tougher/more intense, the better) = Damon bonding. Ah, this does not bode well for your fear of Bamon! Donnie! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, so I ended up accidentally doing a good thing by clicking the wrong button. Groovy! I will stop living in fear now. *Crawls out from under chair*
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Oh yea. Caroline WAS hilarious. I have to re-watch it tonite, because OMG that was such an awesome ep. I agree and hope that Caroline and Damon will have some funny moments. I think he really didn't want to kill her, because he'd like to get rid of her, but he thinks it's not a good idea because of their own safety and also probably her mom is a vampire hunter. But as you say, I'm happy Elena stopped Damon, because it's gonna be so much fun to watch Caroline as a vamp. I also hope she keeps this silly shallow attitude. It makes me laugh so hard. Seriously Caroline wanting to organize carnival over everything else and apologizing ten times for biting the nurse She's so awesome.

yep, go Jamon. Probably you're right. it wasn't meant as forgivness, but it was obvious that Jer isn't that mad at Damon for killing him. how you said he's probably putting pieces together and realize there are some shades of grey. PLUS yep, they've been getting along well all the time. I remember them playing video games together, it was great. and Damon givin' Jer advices on Anna. Very Happy They're meant to be. Go Jamon heart [as for friendship,tho]

Heh heh heh, if Bonnie keeps on setting Damon on fire and what-not, she is going to drive him mad with passion! Not being evil + standing up to Damon (the tougher/more intense, the better) = Damon bonding. Ah, this does not bode well for your fear of Bamon! Donnie! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hate to break it to you, but I've read two interviews with Katerina[plays Bonnie] and she said "No" to if Bamon happens. Of course, sometimes in the future it might happen, but Kev and Julie are obviously Delena fans themselvs. I've read that Julie said that they want to build it up slowly and nicely for Damon and Elena, so it's believable. Also Kev said in the latest interview that he's most excited about Damon and Elena in second season. Well... he obviously forgot about awesome Caroline and cool Stef, but still... it's a good sign. No Bamon tss tss tss

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:48 pm

Did she say specifically that the two of them won't so much as kiss? I doubt it. One of these days. Donnie. Just wait and see. Maybe for only one hot hook-up, but I bet it happens. *Evil laugh*

Wait, you mean Elena's going to end up with Damon permanently?! That I didn't expect! That's not what they said, is it? I need to find out what the books say. I know they do things somewhat differently, but surely they wouldn't change the most basic, main plot points!
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helps on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:33 pm

I'm just saying what I've read... Katerina said Bonnie hates Damon and that they won't be together. That's all. THo, I think she meant this season or something. Sadly I think at some point they'll get into some kind of relationship. In book they did.

As for Delena, they didn't say it would be permanent and I dont think it'd be the case either. I think they'll be together and Damon screws sth up or Elena... or Stefan comes back. Tho, I dont even know where Stef is gonna be at that time when Delena happens... So I'm only guessing. All I'm saying is that Kev&Julie are very PRO Delena and they're planning to make that happen. I hope so. I cannot wait Smile Tho, right now I like Stefan, so it doesn't have to be tomorrow. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Again, I don't see what the problem is. Threesome. Simple. What a Face

Bamon happened in the books? HA! HA HA! That's all I'll say for now. I've tortured you enough for a while.
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum