Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Can't Handle the Truth

3 posters

Go down

You Can't Handle the Truth Empty You Can't Handle the Truth

Post  ExtraCookie Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:48 am

Or maybe you can handle it: SPN is still not making me happy. I'm insane for posting at this hour, since I'm totally exhausted and have a big day ahead of me tomorrow--um, later today, actually--, but if I don't do it now, it'll be a while, and so here goes. If you're in a hurry (well, if you're in a hurry, I can't imagine you'd be attempting to read one of MY posts, but I'll put this in for any newbies that may stumble in), here's the summary: MEH.

I'm going to pretty much just paste what I said at the Lounge (I know, helps, I know, don't say it): Just that ONE Cas scene?! I was afraid of that. BAH! Doesn't this show comprehend that small doses of Cas just aren't enough anymore? Haven't been since a few eps. into season 4? I love this show, but I kinda feel the writers are a little slow sometimes! OK, maybe Misha didn't want to be in it as much, I don't know. I just know I need more Cas.

Loved the scene, but you already knew that. It was one of only two good scnes in this ep., unfortunately. More Cas next week, YAY! Heh, that scene is going to thrill slash vidders. Yeah, as far as I know (I'm not much into fan fic) not many people ship (I feel weird using that word) Sassy (is that right?) but the ones who do will flip. The ones who don't will cut it up to make it look like Cas is about to do things to Dean with a belt. Just you wait.

With regards to Sam's loss of soul--ummm, what?! Huh? Come again? I . . . uh . . . aren't ghosts souls? How's Sam alive without a soul? *SIGH* I'm trying to be patient here. So patient. I'm not one of the alarmists with this show, ready to hate and pounce and whine and pout. I tend to find myself baffled over things a lot of fandom whines about and makes a big deal of. But this evil Sam/good Dean/Dean has to save Sam while being so tortured, self-abusing, self-sacrificing and deprived/ yadda yadda thing has been done. And it was quite enough. And I don't get how one can even exist without a soul unless they're some sort of zombie. At least this ep. made me more intrigued & gave us some real brotherly interaction; I've been so starved for some honest, real, brotherly interaction that I was happy to see Sam confessing and--in a warped way--Dean beating the crap out of him. I want it to get better, I want it to be good. At least Cas still makes me super happy and I'm very--whoa. No, scratch that; I'm WAY more interested in his/angels'/heaven storyline than the Winchesters'. I think I'd have enjoyed Team Free Will, together, strong & healthy and fighting the heavenly fight together much more than this.

Bobby tonight?Laughing Yay for Jim, yay for Bobby. Bobby's almost always our anchor; I can only think of one time when he felt off.

So, how does not having a soul = evil? Wouldn't that render one (hee hee, this is one ridiculous thing to speculate about!) neutral? Again, ZOMBIE-like?! If he's so unafraid, then why the fuck didn't Mr. Fearless let HIMSELF get turned into a vampire, hmm? Yeah. His making Dean do it--especially the way he did--makes no sense. If he claims he can't feel, then why's he feel the need to hunt? Why'd he feel pleased/happy when Dean got turned? This is stupid!

So, was that Raph's new vessel talking to Sammy in the end of the preview? Sounded like him. I realize I've talked as much or more about the preview for the next episode as/than I have this episode, but that's because there's really not much to say about this ep. Only Cas's scene and the major brotherly scene at the end are really worth mentioning. So, in lieu of my usual-length rambling for this episode, look at these smilies! cat purr icy kiss Look, it's helps being walked by Icy (if helps were green, bald & legless and Icy were some sort of--er--terrier?) walk the dog angel watching stars in love naughty bed scene ear kiss brothers shoot angel devil on fire Happy Halloween! Do Czechs celebrate that? Probably not. It's probably Goat Milk Day or something there instead. You Can't Handle the Truth 245105 zombie vampire vamp ghost coffin You Can't Handle the Truth 626102 vamp biting cat purr and the stuff of nightmares, this thing wild ride
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

You Can't Handle the Truth Empty Re: You Can't Handle the Truth

Post  Calena Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:05 pm

wild ride I love the cucumber riding banana! Don't you put it down!!!! wild ride wild ride wild ride wild ride

Okay, this wasn't a super-great ep, but it wasn't MEH, either. So happy I can disagree with you, Cookie! wild ride

Did they say Sam had no soul? I must have missed that. Anyway, I found it way cool that he could lie to the freaking Godess of Truth. wild ride I was a bit disappointed in Dean, that he couldn't tell that the truth spell didn't work on Sam. Because I could! wild ride

I'm not sold that the problem is Sam has no soul, but it would make sense, and yes, I agree that no soul shouldn't by default mean one is evil. Also it can't mean one has no conscience, because like you rightly said, why would Sam even care to hunt then? Hm. I realise this is strange and I have to think more about it. Am a bit distracted now, because I'm kind of in a religious discussion on Twitter, respectively on the Hindi film board.

Bobby rules, but like Dean I don't need details on his pedicure routine. Surprised

Also I'm sad that it's over with Dean and Lisa now. I know it was difficult to incorporate, and I know fandom hates her, but I liked her.

What on earth do Sassy shippers ship???? Question

I haven't seen the preview, so can't say anything about that. But yes, more Castiel would be nice.

Please note that I gave up vexxing you with the cucumber riding banana around halfway through the post.

Laughing

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Same here; it was obvious that Sammy was lying, and Dean couldn't tell? I guess I can give him this one simply because he's always had a blind spot when it comes to Sammy. Still was kinda dumb.

I wish the writers would pay better attention to detail. Explain to me, please, why mostly only negative truths came spilling forth from godess-affected folk, hm? If they'd established that only negative truths come forth then that'd have been fine. However, with the Bobby scene, it was clear that this wasn't the case. However, every other affected person spewed only negative truths. Also, being compelled to tell the truth wouldn't mean you're compelled to constantly speak. As evidenced by the fact that not everyone kept on speaking, so why did so many people just keep on and on confessing truths to the waitress? It just didn't make sense. Bad writing. Very bad.

And the godess bothered to change her clothes into fancy evening attire why? Also, her getting the guys to tell each other truths was just for expositional purposes. She needs people to tell the truth merely so it leads to their deaths and she'll eat them. She had them tied up, she could've just killed them and chowed down, so she wanted to make them confess stuff why?

You do remember, right, that I never hated Lisa. I liked her overall, except for a few serious character flaws. She was not taking proper precautions as a mother and she was pathetic. My problem with her and Ben is simply that it doesn't make sense. She and Ben would, realistically (I can't stress enough how important it is to me that even fantasy shows/movies be set firmly within a solid framework of realism. It makes it all better) be nothing but walking targets. Monster chow. It simply doesn't make any damned sense that they'd even still be alive now, that's all. I'd love for Dean and Sammy both to find someone someday, but she needs to be someone with no kids and who is their equal (or at least damned close to it) at taking care of herself.

"Sassy" is Sam/Cas. Yeah.

Yeah, I'm definitely worried about them making Sam being soulless make any damned sense whatsoever. I don't get it. Perhaps they're not going on what the majority of folks think of as a soul and are going after what some minority spiritual sect thinks of as soul. I don't know. Pfft. As of now, though, it doesn't make a lick of sense and I'm perturbed.

I'm happy you disagreed too! Any time that means someone got more joy out of something than I did, then that makes me glad! Very Happy

Now then. If they don't dose us heavily with some Cas very soon, I'll wilt and die. Well, the SPN part of my brain will, anyway. I wonder if Misha asked for less work because of new fatherhood. I certainly don't blame him if so, but I'm missing the holy hell outta Cas. Sad

Uh, yeah, thanks for less torture than I could've received, I guess! tongue
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Uh, yeah, thanks for less torture than I could've received, I guess! tongue
I'm too nice to be an atheist. Laughing Laughing Laughing

And the godess bothered to change her clothes into fancy evening attire why? Also, her getting the guys to tell each other truths was just for expositional purposes. She needs people to tell the truth merely so it leads to their deaths and she'll eat them. She had them tied up, she could've just killed them and chowed down, so she wanted to make them confess stuff why?
Well, I guess she wanted to have fun before killing them and she likes glam clothes.

"Sassy" is Sam/Cas. Yeah.
Makes no sense. I mean, of course it makes no sense, but even the term makes no sense. According to shipper rules it should be either Camy or Satiel.

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Hey there guys! I'm finally here...
I have to say I quite enjoyed this one. It wasn't as bad as Cookie says. Sure, I don't like Sam who might not be a human, Sam lying to Dean, brothers fight, but overall episode was interesting and kept me watching.
I didn't miss Cas in this one a lot, because I kinda couldn't find a good place for him. I love Misha, you know that, but I'm tired of angels. I want brothers to be together and they're still keeping them apart..
I very much disagree on Dean being blind or dumb. He talked to three or four people and they all couldn't help it, but were telling him the truth. Why he should think Sam can lie despite the curse?! So no, Dean was right ot believe him.
God saw that both brothers aren't honest with each other, so she wanted to have some fun with them. All gods we've met were kinda twisted and were messing around with ppl, I don't see why this one couldnt Razz

Sorry it's the short one, but I'm at school and gotta go. Tho, I think you're being too hard Cookie. This ep wasn't so bad. I only don't like what I'm seeing, I guess I really can't handle the truth. But next episode is called Family matters, so let's hope Sera&co. will make us happy again.

Sassy? LOL seriously? Very Happy that really doesn't fit them. I'll keep calling them Cammy alien
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:32 pm

I very much disagree on Dean being blind or dumb. He talked to three or four people and they all couldn't help it, but were telling him the truth. Why he should think Sam can lie despite the curse?! So no, Dean was right ot believe him.
But Dean KNEW something was wrong with Sam. He KNEW Sam might not be human. So Dean, the seasoned hunter, should have taken the possibility into account that the spell wouldn't work on Sam. He wanted to believe what he was hearing and so he did (Wizard's First Rule, Cookie Very Happy ). which is humanely very understandable, but I would have expected more from Dean.

God saw that both brothers aren't honest with each other, so she wanted to have some fun with them. All gods we've met were kinda twisted and were messing around with ppl, I don't see why this one couldnt Razz
Agreed! Gods are jerks! What a Face

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum