Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Dogs Go to Heaven

3 posters

Go down

All Dogs Go to Heaven Empty All Dogs Go to Heaven

Post  Calena Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:31 pm

If this title is a clever reference to something, I don't get it. Please enlighten me.

I don't have that much to say about this ep, but I can't bear there's no post for SPN, when there's one for VD. Though I'm not psyched about this season I am still and will always be loyal to SPN.

First, I love Crowley. That's one thing they're doing right this season, giving us yet another quick witted big bad who exchanges snarky oneliners with Dean.

Second, now we're talking about the no soul business. Sams confession at the end makes a lot more sense than what he said before - kinda feel stupid for not figuring out he plain out lied.
Still worried about what's happening to Sam's Soul in the pit. Is it being tortured? Poor soul. Because when it comes back it probably have to deal with all the things Soulless Sam said he should feel guilty about, but doesn't.

Third, yes, Lucky killed people, but it was still cruel to send him away. Poor guy. He meant well. I would have let him stay. I mean, it's not like shifter-dogs HAVE to eat hearts like werewolves do, right?

Which brings us to fourth, creatureology: Are skinwalkers and shapeshifters different creatures? Can skinwalkers change in everything they want to, or is it limited to one species? Is it that shapeshifters turn into humans (after touching them), but skinwalkers can't take another human form than there original one? Did the show ever explain that before?

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

All Dogs Go to Heaven Empty Re: All Dogs Go to Heaven

Post  helps Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Hi there.

I have to say, I once again kinda enjoyed this episode. It was good story, a bit sad, a bit funny...
I actually have a problem with Crowley. How do they know he's not lying? If it's true -why Crowley bothers WInchesters with hunting Alphas? Isn't he strong enough to take them down himself? Neutral It doesn't make a lot of sense...Tho, he's kinda fun but I don't know. It all seems weird.

Sam not being Sam. On the one hand, I wish Dean would take a deep breath and realize Sam sacrificed to save them all and it's not his fault he's soulless (tho, Sam caused it all by dating RUby, but... ). On the other hand, I want Sam to be old Sam. I'm tired of him being kinda cold and cruel, being willing to kill anyone if it helps their cause. No I wish writers would make this season differently. I would much rather watch boys getting back together, like back in days when they were driving etc... It'd still be entertaining to watch them just like that. I want happy end for them. I'm tired of them being enemies and having issues.
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:58 am

I'm still totally miffed that I typed a long review and didn't manage to post it. I suck!

"All Dogs Go to Heaven" is the title of a decent cartoon, so I wouldn't expect you to be familiar with it, Calena. It's worth watching for the touching ending alone. (What? No, I'm not crying. I got something in my eye! Shut up!) What the title actually has to do with the ep. besides the fact that there are dogs in it is . . . nothing, pretty much. I guess the shapeshifter being a bad dude who managed to do something (somewhat) good could be a loose parallel.

The episode was just decent.

Lucky meant well? So claim vigilantes. What he "meant" was to keep his home and family at all costs. Nothing anyone who he killed did was worthy of death and he wormed his way into the trust of this woman and her kids. This woman whom he saw naked, etc. Creepy. Wouldn't you send a guy away who'd tricked you into parading naked around him, probably seeing your kids naked, listening in on/witnessing your personal life, etc.?! Lots of people who do awful things had rough lives, and I'm always sympathetic toward that aspect, but it never makes the bad things they do OK or allows me to like them despite the evil things they've done. What he did was more out of selfishness--because he wanted to keep the sweet situation he was in--than nobility. He should've died, it would've been a kindness. It also would've helped keep society safe. And don't try to compare him to Sammy drinking Demon blood. Sam did not do that for selfish reasons, he was trying to save the world; it wasn't a "woo, I've got a sweet deal here, I'll go brutally murder people so I can keep it" kind of deal.

Soulless Sam. Interesting idea (that they've gone and made a mess of) and I like his snark, but none of that is worth the suffering of not having Sammy nor the ridiculousness of a soulless situation. They're not being clear on what being soulless even means. They say he can't feel, but we see examples of him feeling: smirks of satisfaction, caring what his brother thinks, caring about doing what he thinks others think is right, he's also certainly seemed angry, etc. Hello? Those are emotions! And, since he has no emotions, why would he ever get frustrated & be snarky in the first place? Again, emotions! So, I guess in SPN, no soul = loves sex and being mean and selfish. Illogical. They haven't even explained how the hell the guy can be alive and not a zombie without a soul! Where does the brain end and the soul begin? It's silly and I'm tired of it. People (including Jim) keep saying to have patience because there's a payoff. That's no way to run a TV show. You don't make a bunch of sub-par episodes and excuse them with a later payoff; the journey to the payoff should be enjoyable. This season is just so off and lackluster. I don't hate it, I'm not going to stop watching, there have been glints of greatness here and there (again, I love "Weekend at Bobby's" and "The Third Man" was quite good, as well and I'm highly intrigued by Cas's storyline, for example), but it just still doesn't feel like the show that I know. Both Winchesters are quite different (again, they pretty much seem to have swapped personalities & intensified them), the Campbells just aren't working for me and, unlike almost every other fan, I'm not in love with Crowley. I like him, but that's all.

EXACTLY, helps. All that stuff you said. They're just taking Crowley at his word. WHAT?! As I've said, John would be rolling in his grave if he had one. Apparently, Samuel AND the Winchesters are all like, "Oh, OK, Crowley, I'm sure you're telling the truth. Demons are always so honest. You haven't offered a shred of proof, but we totally believe you." Rolling Eyes Puh-leeeze! Yep, Dean's driving me nuts, too. ALL he does this season is rage and whine. I know he's going through a horrible time, but this is a guy who's been to HELL. It doesn't get worse than that, and he wasn't like this even after returning from there. I'd think he'd be calmer, cooler and wiser by now. I'd imagine him handling things with more sensitivity and calmness. Nose to the grindstone, doing what has to be done, ASKING FOR PROOF OF THE SITUATION, and keeping an eye on Sam. But, no, he just bitches and whines to Sammy and poor Cas, who is going through his own hell right now (one worse than Dean's present one,) without once asking the angel how things are going with him and if there's anything he can do to help. BLEH. This especially annoys me because of a statement made by Sera that said Cas is going through terrible things right now and is tortured and lonely and feels like the Winchesters are the only people in the universe who care about him. Wow, bless his heart, this is what he calls caring? Someone PLEASE hug Cas, stat! Where's that cupid?!

As to the creatures, I don't know. Maybe skinwalkers can only be animals. Hmmm.

ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum