Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masquerade

3 posters

Go down

Masquerade Empty Masquerade

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:06 am

A lot went on in this one. It was quite good; not as good as some of the others.

First order of business: YAY, Matt's still alive! I'd felt decently confident that we wouldn't lose him, but it's still such a huge relief. *Shudder* Ewww, Kat's nasty spell on him making him act like a dick was freaky! Mean Matt? No, thank you! I don't mind having a character be a constant. If Matt gets deeper character development, fine, if he doesn't, fine. I like just having sweet Matt around.

I knew Ty would kill somone tonight. I happen to think he manner in which it happened was rather lame. Guess the writers were too busy focusing on the other cool stuff in the ep. Oh, well. Minor glitch. Poor kid!

I knew Kat wasn't going to die tonight. Too cut and dried. That's slightly annoying; it proves that they're going to keep her around for a long time--maybe for the duration--to be the ongoing nemesis. *SIGH* I don't know, I guess I just don't find her too terribly interesting. She was pretty good in this one, but, overall, she was a lot more interesting when she wasn't actually visible and audible; the unseen legend. It was fun watching her get locked away, though. I hated Damon's wavering look after he did it, but loved his lil' "Oh, well, fuck it fer now" smirk after that. Looks like some sort of sparks are going to be rekindled between those two, if Kat can get over Stefan, at least temporarily. BTW, now I realize Kat is not only psycho, but nympho. Maybe if they got her to a vamp shrink & got her on some meds, she'd stop being so evil. Although there really isn't effective treatment for being psycho; the psycho has to truly be able to realize they're psycho and decide to truly change. And I'm rambling. All for a joke. Sad.

It was fun watching Alaric show off his lil' bad-ass weapons. I love how he's definitely the Cas to the Salvatore's Winchesters, only the Salvatores treat him better than the Winchesters treat Cas. They need to give lessons to those Winchesters. Heh, Alaric slipping up & telling Elena Stefan's at the party. Oops! Laughing

I knew the situation with Caroline and Kat was a fake out, but it was still fun to watch. Caroline was adorable when she gloated over her success! I freakin' love her! Very Happy Her interaction with Tyler was interesting. They didn't finish it. So, is she going to be sympathetic and try to help/protect Ty or she gonna try to take him out or is she going to consult the Salvatores/Elena? What? She feels sorry for him, you can tell. On a random note, I think Tyler's werewolf eyes are pretty. I wonder why she didn't just compel Matt to stop attacking Tyler instead of hurting him.

So, Bonnie and Jeremy. When I read spoilers about these two making connections, I didn't think I'd like it, but I saw chemistry there tonight, this could be cute. And complicated. I may like this, although I know you must be dying, helps, just DYING! Razz

I was not in the mood for the sappy Stefena scene, however, I once again felt sorry for Stefan and don't quite get what Elena's problem is. So, how is being Stefan's girlfriend going to make her loved ones be in any more dangerous than not being? I don't get it. Does she think that if she doesn't date him, he, Damon, Caroline, Tyler and Kat will just pack up and skip town, thereby keeping her safe from supernatural baddies for life? Annnd how, exactly, will this lead up to Delena? Dating Stefan is dangerous, but dating Damon's not Question

Ah, our lil' Jeremy, standing up to Kat. Way to go, bad-assed kiddo! Got a bonus reference to his old emo ways too, WOO! Jenna's cool sometimes.

Watching the Salvatores kick Kat's ass (some) was great! I really didn't see the connection spell coming! That was great! I knew Kat wouldn't die, but I had no idea it'd have anything to do with Elena being hurt! Loved how Damon immediately stopped as soon as Jeremy shouted "Stop!" That speaks volumes about how he feels about the kid. So, what do ya think? Would Kat have staked Damon if his bro hadn't stopped her? I think not. Damon calling Kat a slut vampire was hilarious. Laughing

helps, how's about you pick now to perhaps give Bonnie a break, m? Ya don't have to like her, but admit she's straightening up lately. She doesn't want to be involved and I don't blame her, but, she's sucking it up and pushing herself to help out anyway lately and I bet her cousin's words will sink in and she'll keep doing better. Kicking and screaming, but she'll get there.

I liked that Bonnie's couz used the word "groovy." See? I'm not the only one!

Enough rambling, I've gotta get to bed, so much to do today.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Masquerade Empty Re: Masquerade

Post  Calena Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:19 pm

I'm really not adverse to the "death is too nice for you"-school of thought, but for practical reasons alone they should have killed Kat. Staked her, ripped her head off and burned her and then put her ashes into the tomb with the trapping spell. Not a good idea to let her live. She'll certainly come back out, and I doubt she'll be helpful. Even with the hint that she can't kill Elena because of the Doppelgänger (It's a German word, and I'm gonna spell it the German way. cat purr ) thing I can't see her doing more good than bad.
Why did they let her have the moonstone?

I, too, knew she wasn't gonna die. It is interesting, though, that there is an even Bigger Bad than her - which I think does point towards they don't have to keep her around FOREVER.

I like Bonnie. I approve of her taking it slowly with the spell-learning, but am glad she can do more than float featheres now. witch It's kinda mean of Lucy not to stick around and answer her questions.

Nina should eat. I'm sorry, I don't normally comment on actresses' looks in a bad way, but have you seen her arms? They are sticks!
e totally wasn't to b
Well, Tyler wolfing out had been a long time coming, and it's ok that he totally wasn't to blame for the kill.

I agree with you about Stefena. It makes no sense she doesn't want to be with him right now - she thinks Kat is dead, for crying out loud. My immediate reaction was "Here we go again". They should loose this, it demotes an otherwise great show into teenage soap territory.

I wasn't that impressed by the linking spell. Of course I didn't see it coming, but as soon as Elena started bleeding I was like "Terry Goodkind!". Oh, while we are at spells, why did the moonstone take Elena out? Was it vervained? But she touched it in the tomb.

Speaking of Bon Jovi, they're coming to Vienna on June 22nd, which is a Wednesday before a Tuesday that is a holiday, so I will move heaven and earth to get tickets for this one! wild ride wild ride wild ride wild ride

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Aaaaaaah, let's celebrate!! Helps is finally here! happy-ish

It was great episode. Not the best one, but yay TVD keeps me entertained like no other shows these days [oh, well I also very much enjoy Life unexpected] All of them are so good.

What was bad in this episode - predictable turn - Katherine isn't dead and Tyler turned into wolf. Also as Calena mentioned, I don't get why they let Katherine have a moonstone with her?! Nonsense.

Other then this ep was pretty cool. I loved Damon&Stefan&Caroline&Jeremy&Bonnie&Rick teaming all up against Katherine. They made a nice plan and it worked except Kat being linked to Elena - nice turn. Cookie, actually this time I didn't have anything against Bonnie - she was reasonable and helpful, so there was no reason for me to be pissed at her. Very Happy I hated her walking around Damon and messing with him for no good reason, but having helpful witch on your side is good in my book. I even liked her with Jeremy Razz I can imagine them being together.
Caroline was awesome as usual. Candice is doing great job. I would never think that Caroline would be one of my favorites, but dammit girl... she's AWESOME ur awesome
Damon - awww you rock man. I don't know what to say. He was perfect as usual. Loved him being mean with Katherine. Loved him locking her up although he should have looked more happy about it. He knows she's incredible bitch, he shouldnt be sorry for her at all. Tho, it might have been expression of relief or whatever else, but he looked kinda unhappy. Anyways, yay you did it. You let her down her. [still u guys should have taken the moonstone with u]
Stefan and Elena - too soapy. I don't get it. She's confused and hurt and scared and need some time, I guess... But I don't think it's necessary for them to break up. Tho, I'm sure it's not the case u mentioned Cookie - it's not like she's going after Damon now. I'm pretty convinced they're not gonna be together anytime soon. I hope they'll make it believable and Stefan will be occupied with sth or someone else, so there will be space for Delena. I don't want Damon and Elena get together too easily in front of Stefan etc. That'd be too weird. scratch

It's good that Bonnie met her relative and realized she's not all alone etc etc.

Alaric was pretty cute trying to act like nothing wrong is going on, Lol
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:57 pm

YAY, helps is here! Finally! Masquerade 56438

I see we're all in agreement about the Stelena scene. Wah wah waaaah, T.V.D. No soapy, sappy drama that doesn't even make sense, please. Also, I didn't mean that Elena's going to immediately run to Damon now, just that it looks like they're paving the way for Delena at this point. I doubt she and Stefan will get back together before she hooks up with Damon (which probably won't happen for several eps.), that's all. And I just don't get it. But this show tends not to let me down, so I'm pretty confident they'll make it make sense at some point. They'd better. Actually, why did Stefan seem to get it? He didn't even have a "huh?" face or say something like, "I don't understand, Elena. Unless Damon, Kat, Tyler, Caroline and I all die or at least move far from Mystic Falls, your loved ones' danger level isn't any different if we do date than if we don't." Stefan, you wussy. Let's have awesome, bad-ass, T.C.B. Stefan back pronto, K?

Yes, Calena, exactly as you said. Yes, I can understand the whole deserving torture/punishment thing but, for practical reasons, it was a very stupid thing to do. Also out of character. I don't see Damon (ummm. . . does Stefan know about this? How could he not? Wouldn't he have seen to her dead body himself? Does he really not know or did he just lie to Elena? Hmmmm) being so stupid that he doesn't realize this. So, I think he does. But he also still has that sick attraction to her deep in there and is just in denial about it. Lame. So lame. And, yeah, the moonstone being left with her . . . HUH?! Sheesh. Whatever. Rolling Eyes

If there was a hell, it'd be frozen over right now. helps is OK with Bonnie! Shocked Now that I think of it, of COURSE you're OK with Jeremy and Bonnie, because that keeps her away from Damon for at least a little while, yes? Laughing

Yes, Alaric was cute and I guess he won't get laid into for letting Elena out of his sight since, if he had've, she'd have died because he wouldn't have known what the hell was happening to her. Even if he managed to figure it out, he wouldn't have been able to stop it in time. Actually, however, I feel kind of bad it happened. Makes Alaric look kinda bad. Oops.

Last edited by ExtraCookie on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 pm

I know, I'm here Very Happy

I'm not sure. I've heard that Stefan and Elena always end up tpgether and there's practically no real Delena in the books - I think. [not sure] and so yep, I think because of Damon's popularity, they'll make them a couple, but I'm not really convinced it's gonna happen during this season. I think they might get together at the end and then.... then maybe something could go on and on in season 3. But it's gonna be hard to make it look alright, because Damon's Stefan's big brother and Elena is/was SO in love with Stefan that they need to give us real reasons why&how those two get into relationship. I can only imagine that Stefan would go off the edge, maybe had sth with other girl [maybe even Katherine Shocked ] and then Damon was there for Elena. Hmmm... We will have to wait and see whistle Only thing I don't want to is Damon jumping into relationship with Elena without thinking about his lil' brother. Of course, Damon loves her but I think there were already some moments where he understood that Elena is with him and he even was sorry when they broke up. Soooo.... I hope they won't ruin this. I'm excited about Delena, but it needs to be done right.

I'm not happy about Katherine being alive either. Even less about the fact they left there a moonstone... It means she's gonna get out at some point, but it's interesting that there's someone who's probably worse and scarier than Katherine. We've seen only bits of this world, so maybe even if Kat got out, she won't be such a pain in the ass again?! Anyways, I don't think Damon didn't kill her bc he'd feel something. I think he really thought it's the place where she should be... Plus, for a vampire is death really kind of favour, because she'd be free unlike other vamps suffering from eternity. and eternity in cold, dark tomb sounds very very awful chairshot damon smirk Very Happy
As for Stefan - he knows. At least he knows by next episode. I've watched preview and Damon and Stefan talked about it - Damon told Stefan that Katherine told him about Elena being in danger etc. He didn't say anything about killing her... I'm not sure what exactly he said, but it seemed to me that Stefan knew she's not gone... Plus Bonnie must have made a spell to keep Katherine inside, right?! It's not like Damon planned this all alone...

Now that I think of it, of COURSE you're OK with Jeremy and Bonnie, because that keeps her away from Damon for at least a little while, yes? Laughing

Of course! Laughing You get it... LOL No seriously, what's wrong with Bonnie? I love Damon and everyone is saying she's gonna be with him... Plus she's got some screentime with D. Then I start liking Jeremy and there she goes, sticking around him... Pfff. She has to bother my boys angry Laughing Anyways, she better date Jeremy than Damon. They fit each other better and they'd be only human/human in relationship. Oh and yea Alaric/Jenna,too. But they don't seem to progress much, lol.

I don't blame Alaric for what happened at all. And I don't think it makes him look too bad, because Elena is an adult. He can't stalk her around her own house and walk her to her bed Razz
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum