Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two and a Half Men

3 posters

Go down

Two and a Half Men Empty Two and a Half Men

Post  ExtraCookie Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:41 am

(a.k.a. "Thank Goodness!") OK, girls, this was more like it! I enjoyed this episode, what a RELIEF! It felt more normal. I felt like I was watching "Supernatural" this time rather than Alternate Universe Supernatural. I nearly warned you about being all over the place, then realized that if you haven't figured out by NOW that my posts tend to be, then, you've got serious observational problems. Very Happy

Those babies were SO cute, awwwwwwwwww! I'm thinking the first one was cuter, but it's mostly because it smiled and had a beautiful smile. I LOVE seeing Dean with babies, soooooo cute! I ADORED him humming "Smoke on the Water" to the baby as a lullabye and Sammy being all awwwy over Dean's kid skills. on the cloud I felt awkward FOR the guys in the store scene. By the way, come on, what are the chances the security camera monitors would've been located right THERE and that Dean managed to glance at them? This show pushes boundaries a lot as it is; it has to. It needs to be careful about going overboard.

OK, a REEKING scottie just curled up beside me and I can hardly breathe for the dog fumes, so I hope I manage to stay coherent. *Focus, E.C., focus* *Choke choke*

Sammy seemed a bit more like himself this time around, too, thank goodness. Yes, obviously, we're supposed to suspect him of--oh, god, now a stinky yorkie just joined me--can't--breathe-- *FOCUS* Two and a Half Men 626102 Uh, what was I saying? Oh, suspect him of using the baby as bait. What do you think? He was badass, though, which was very cool. Shallow note: both guys looked extra tasty in this one, especially Dean, though. Rowr! I mean, seriously! blush *Ahem* OK, back to the review. Oh, wait, I even enjoyed Sammy's too-long hair in this one, it was fluffy instead of floppy. If he can stick to that, then I'll stop wanting him to get a haircut so badly. NOW back to the review. Hey, I think my body's starting to adjust to doggie stench! OK, I can do this! I think.

I didn't dislike the Campbells so much in this one. I was getting irritated with Coren Nemic's character (seriously, other than Samuel and Gwen, I CANNOT remember these people's names) when he was irritating Dean, and when he made that dig about torture? Nooooooo. *growl* Oh, no, he di-int! angry Samuel actually seemed pretty cool. I believe he really did have the little monster's best interests at heart and, really, what else COULD they do with him? I understand Dean not wanting him growing up in the life, but there really weren't any better options & it was damned cool of the Campbells to just instantly volunteer to be his family. I think the Coren Nemic guy also seemed to have the kid's best interests at heart and was cool with dadding him. Seriously, a shape-shifting hunter would be AWESOME! No more worries about fake IDs, etc. How could a shapeshifter ever get caught? Or, at least, if one did get caught, it'd be super easy for one to escape, of course. Shift into the form of a prison guard and voila! Outta there. I approve of this idea!

Poor Dean, he was so torn. Bless his little heart. I felt so sorry for him. Also I felt so annoyed BY him. There he was, faced with the same shit his dad was faced with for 22 years, and he didn't seem to make the damned connection. I really cannot believe this show had to get more digs in--from Dean and Sam, no less--to John AGAIN. Is this necessary? Is it? Give me one VERY good reason that it is. Dean's moment there in the kitchen; hell, even there at the motel should've been a huge DUH moment. "Ohhh, wow, I really understand Dad's position so well now! God, the poor guy, this must've been HELL for him!" But, nooooo. Damn, it, show, damn it! angry

Lisa is good to Dean and, in some ways, strong, but she's really rather pathetic, isn't she? Isn't it pathetic to be willing to have someone on those terms? Maybe not. Maybe I should cut her some slack. Hell, there are real-life romantic situations like that, of course. Being in the entertainment industry, for instance. I'm sure that's one reason entertainers tend to hook up with other entertainers; there's more chance of them having more time to spend with each other. Still, I don't know. I'm trying with her here, OK? I'm on the fence. I've never overall disliked her as a person/character, just the circumstances of her in Dean's life. Maybe they can make it work, I'll certainly keep giving it a chance.

It was so good to feel some delicious tension and excitement again! This is how "Supernatural" should be! I couldn't believe my eyes when the Alpha just warped into another shape, as easy as snapping one's fingers! My jaw dropped! Why can he do that? And why does he want to make loads of babies? And why don't they breed with their own kind? What's going on? I assume we'll find out. It bodes so well that they've got me intrigued, color me a happy fan!

WOO HOO, the Impala's out of storage! I'M SO HAPPY! Two and a Half Men 56438 wild ride

I'm also SO HAPPY about the promo for next week! God, Cas looked SO beautiful! angel And hearing his lovely voice again was pure joy! He didn't seem like he'd had a "hard reset" to me. If Misha meant to play him that way, he messed up. That Cas was familiar to me in the gotten-more-knowledgable-about-humans/friends way and not the "I'm-an-angel-of-the-Lord" way. Looks like he's going to be at least more like I'd hoped, which is a healthy mixture of the two. Hopefully, as the season wears on, he'll warm up more. It's certainly understandable that being back home and dealing with all that chaos and strife for a year would put a lot of that humanism (? humanisticness? Humanniness? Heh. You know what I mean, stop laughin' at me! Razz ) on the back burner. A powerful angel calmly, humbly asking a human for help melts me. I loved it before, and I loved it then. *SIIIGH* GUH. melt

I hope you enjoyed the episode as much as I did! It wasn't fantastic, but it was good, it was much truer to form, and it really entertained me and whetted my appetite for next week's angelic episode. cat purr
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Two and a Half Men Empty Re: Two and a Half Men

Post  helps Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Have to say this episode was good average ep. Wasnt too excited, but it was very good. First five minutes I felt disappointed, but then it got me. I liked the story, boys seemed more natural again. Very very awesome scene when Dean got back into hunting life, it was pretty cool. Glad to see Impala back. Cute babies were also awww. Sam was better,too.

My problem is - why the hell boys arent going over at Bobby´s and they choose Campbells? I dont like it. They act like Bobby is dead. They used to always call and visit Bobby when they had a problem. Bobby was always helping with re-search and now Sam is working with Samuel. I dont know why, but I sure have a problem with Campbell family. I have some trust issues when it comes to them. I feel like something is odd and something going on. Something we cannot see. And there were some hints - They took a djinn in the last ep instead of killing it and now Samuel having a call and telling the other person that they´re gonna get him that daddy shapeshifter..

Lisa is really kinda cool and pathetic at the same time for letting Dean go. I mean, its kinda unbelievable. What kind of woman would let her man go. I guess, she´s way too mature and see he´s not happy and himself anyway, so she rather chose this.

Other thing that I didnt like much is that they cut the end.... but overall solid episode, enjoyed it much more than the last one Very Happy
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:26 pm

I have a problem that I can't insert smilies anywhere in the midst of a text, but only at the very end. Since I'm quoting here, you will have to make it through my smileyless post. But I'm sure you are so interested in what I have to say, that you will read it anyway! *imagine laughing smiley here*

ExtraCookie wrote:(a.k.a. "Thank Goodness!") OK, girls, this was more like it!
This was exactly what I twitted right after finishing the ep!

Even during the "then" scenes, when they featured shapeshifters, I was like "yeah, this time around Sam gets go be a shapeshifter"! Which didn't happen. Probably they thought Jared played his share of other characters, with Lucifer.

Those babies were SO cute, awwwwwwwwww! I'm thinking the first one was cuter, but it's mostly because it smiled and had a beautiful smile. I LOVE seeing Dean with babies, soooooo cute! I ADORED him humming "Smoke on the Water" to the baby as a lullabye and Sammy being all awwwy over Dean's kid skills. on the cloud I felt awkward FOR the guys in the store scene.
I think I have a genetic dysfunction, I rarely swoon over babies. Puppies are an entirely different story!
The store scene was hilarious. I was waiting for a gay couple joke, which never came, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Oh, wait, I even enjoyed Sammy's too-long hair in this one, it was fluffy instead of floppy. If he can stick to that, then I'll stop wanting him to get a haircut so badly.
Sam's hair was Jared's Hair (with capital H) again in this ep. Yippey!

I didn't dislike the Campbells so much in this one. I was getting irritated with Coren Nemic's character (seriously, other than Samuel and Gwen, I CANNOT remember these people's names) when he was irritating Dean, and when he made that dig about torture? Nooooooo. *growl* Oh, no, he di-int! angry Samuel actually seemed pretty cool. I believe he really did have the little monster's best interests at heart and, really, what else COULD they do with him? I understand Dean not wanting him growing up in the life, but there really weren't any better options & it was damned cool of the Campbells to just instantly volunteer to be his family. I think the Coren Nemic guy also seemed to have the kid's best interests at heart and was cool with dadding him. Seriously, a shape-shifting hunter would be AWESOME! No more worries about fake IDs, etc. How could a shapeshifter ever get caught? Or, at least, if one did get caught, it'd be super easy for one to escape, of course. Shift into the form of a prison guard and voila! Outta there. I approve of this idea!
I disagree with you on the Campbells. I'm with Dean, I don't trust Samuel an inch. One of them is now dead, isn't he? I really didn't bother to learn either the characters' nor the actors' names (except Samuel, of course)
What is Samuel up to, why are there two of them, are they all shapeshifters, if so, why would they want to catch the other shapeshifter?
What is Sam? Is Sam really Sam? I wouldn't bet on that right now.

Poor Dean, he was so torn. Bless his little heart. I felt so sorry for him. Also I felt so annoyed BY him. There he was, faced with the same shit his dad was faced with for 22 years, and he didn't seem to make the damned connection. I really cannot believe this show had to get more digs in--from Dean and Sam, no less--to John AGAIN. Is this necessary? Is it? Give me one VERY good reason that it is. Dean's moment there in the kitchen; hell, even there at the motel should've been a huge DUH moment. "Ohhh, wow, I really understand Dad's position so well now! God, the poor guy, this must've been HELL for him!" But, nooooo. Damn, it, show, damn it! angry
LOL When watching that I had to think of you, and I knew you'd react this way.

Lisa is good to Dean and, in some ways, strong, but she's really rather pathetic, isn't she? Isn't it pathetic to be willing to have someone on those terms? Maybe not. Maybe I should cut her some slack. Hell, there are real-life romantic situations like that, of course. Being in the entertainment industry, for instance. I'm sure that's one reason entertainers tend to hook up with other entertainers; there's more chance of them having more time to spend with each other. Still, I don't know. I'm trying with her here, OK? I'm on the fence. I've never overall disliked her as a person/character, just the circumstances of her in Dean's life. Maybe they can make it work, I'll certainly keep giving it a chance.
It's a tough situation. I don't know what I would do in such a situation. Maybe it would be easier to make a clean break. I never had anything against Lisa, and I already liked her in the last ep, too, for being so understanding. She's understanding, but she isn't a doormat. She'll probably still get eaten by a monster, though.

It was so good to feel some delicious tension and excitement again! This is how "Supernatural" should be! I couldn't believe my eyes when the Alpha just warped into another shape, as easy as snapping one's fingers! My jaw dropped! Why can he do that? And why does he want to make loads of babies? And why don't they breed with their own kind? What's going on? I assume we'll find out. It bodes so well that they've got me intrigued, color me a happy fan!
I rewatched the first ep with my boys E. and R. yesterday and while R. didn't like it one bit more than I did, E. didn't find it that bad. But both of them saw something clearly, that I wouldn't still have figured out on my own if they hadn't told me. Do you want me to tell you? ... LOL

They rules post Apocalypse are NOT how the were before. Monsters are different. Dschinns can blend in. Shapeshifters can morph on sight alone. So maybe it wasn't an Alpha shapeshifter, but shapeshifters in general can do that now, because the rules are changed.
And if that's right, if the rules have changed, gulping holy salted water might not proove that one is not a demon......
If my boys are right I think that idea has potential. It would bring freshness and originality, if the Winchesters had to relearn the rules and we with them. It also would make sense if Samuel was not evil, but wanted to collect monster for figuring out what the new rules are.
Makes sense?

WOO HOO, the Impala's out of storage! I'M SO HAPPY! Two and a Half Men 56438 wild ride
That was such a beautiful scene! Way to end the ep. Unlike helps I didn't dislike it at all. A hopeful end for a change!

Haven't seen the promo, but looking forward to Cas!

I hope you enjoyed the episode as much as I did! It wasn't fantastic, but it was good, it was much truer to form, and it really entertained me and whetted my appetite for next week's angelic episode. cat purr
It was much better, even if it was kind of ripped off from Dodger Winslow's fanfic, who started writing an ongoing story about a kid shapeshifter years ago. But if the SPN writers' seeking inspiration in fanfic gives us enjoyable eps, while I'm not exactly fine with it, I can accept it.
Or maybe I'm wrong and they came up with the idea on their own. Laughing

Actually the moral implications of a baby monster are interesting to discuss. I mean, CAN a shapeshifter be a productive member of society? Isn't a shapeshifter inherently evil? Is all that is needed a warm and caring and loving upbringing? Isn't the very idea, while practical, of bringing him up to be a super-hunter kind of immoral? What if when grown up he'd rather go to law school? If a shapeshifter is not inherently evil, shouldn't he have the right to become whatever he wants?

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Shocked So much to reply to! OK, here I go.

I have issues with smilies on my computer, too. Not on my client's computers, though. Hm. I can type them within the text as long as I do it right then, but if I try to go back and insert one somewhere, it goes to the end. So, I just cut then paste it where I want it.

Um, Calena, were you drunk when you watched the episode? drunken The alpha shapeshifter DID shift into Sammy! It was one of the coolest scenes! Sammy went to the window of the door of the panic room and he was looking right at . . .HIMSELF!

I'm not a baby person, either, but cute is cute and those babies were adorable.

I'm really hoping the Campbell situation isn't so black and white as that. If it is, guess what? It's Sammy and Ruby all over again, just insert the Campbells in her place. Yes, it's totally obvious they're shady. However, it doesn't necessarily mean they're shady for bad reasons. If nothing else, I hope they're a gray area. That they have good intentions but may be handling things in a controversial way. That way, we fans can get to one of the things we do best--debating like hell! I do NOT want to see my Sammy duped again while awesome Dean knew better all along. Been there, done that, hated it. They very well may be trying to conduct experiments on monsters. Makes sense. First they took a djinn, then they tried to take an alpha shapeshifter. Naturally, I'm dying to know who Samuel was talking to at the end.

There AREN'T two Samuels. The alpha shifted to look like him, unless I missed something. He shifted to look like Samuel, Sammy and Dean in that confrontation.

Sammy showed enough of himself in this episode that I certainly believe he's Sammy, just Sammy that's been altered somehow. Whatever the alteration is, I just hope he gets back to normal--or at least very close to it--soon.

You know me so well! I notice you did not provide a good reason for the John bashing. Damned right you didn't, because there isn't one. Fuckers!

I'm so torn about Lisa being monster chow! I don't think she should be in the show under these circumstances, but I can't bear thinking of Dean going through any more family torture! For one thing, we've covered that territory over and over and over; I'd like to see some originality. For another thing, seriously, how much can one guy take? They're expecting us, already, to believe this guy is sane after all he's been through when any one of the major things he's been through could be enough to drive a person into a straightjacket (especially hell!) and they're going to emotionally torture him AGAIN? Not believable; they've already pushed those limits as hard as they can go, for me. As it is, I kinda have to gloss over these details in order to be able to roll with the show. More than anything, I just plain don't want to see Dean suffering again, feeling like a failure, beating himself up, etc. Enough.

Nope, only the alpha shapeshifter shifted in a blink. Remember the bloody, gooey mess baby shapeshifter made in the crib? Maybe that quick shifter was the alpha, maybe not. Whatever it was, it was not your typical shapeshifter.

The show hasn't stated in no uncertain terms that shapeshifters are inherently evil. In fact, the first one we met strongly implied he behaved the way he did due to the terrible way his parents and society treated him. Obviously, that baby shapeshifter wasn't being harmful. The little fucker was smiling with his whole face lit up and was just being a normal baby. You know, besides the shapeshifting. As to raising him a hunter, as Samuel said, it wouldn't be forced on him. He said he'd be allowed to do what he wanted. Yeah, he'd be exposed to the life, but it wouldn't be pushed on him. Again, what else could be done with the kid? Like they asked Dean, what? I can't think of any better idea, can you? In fact, being a hunter might be just the thing for a shifter. Give it a sense of pride and purpose. Give it a reason to be proud of what it can do and feel good about itself; to prove to itself and its family that it's not some monster, but a valuable member of society, a hero. If the Campbells weren't lying (and I actually don't think they were. Are they shady? Yes. Does that mean they're necessarily a pack of evil liars? God, I fuckin' hope not! I'll be pissed off, poor Sammy!), though, if the lil' freak wanted to go to law school or clown school, he'd be encouraged (or at least allowed) to.

As to the djinns (which I assume that's what you were talking about), why couldn't they have blended in before? So they're heavily "tatted," and? Some people do that to themselves. I highly doubt that when people see them, they assume them to be a supernatural entity! What a Face

ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:08 pm

There AREN'T two Samuels. The alpha shifted to look like him, unless I missed something. He shifted to look like Samuel, Sammy and Dean in that confrontation.

Um, Calena, were you drunk when you watched the episode? drunken The alpha shapeshifter DID shift into Sammy! It was one of the coolest scenes! Sammy went to the window of the door of the panic room and he was looking right at . . .HIMSELF!

Oh thanks Cookie. I thought it was me who´s insane, lol. Glad to hear Cal is missing out on something Laughing

As for smilies, I put them into text as I write, so its not a problem for me Very Happy
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:54 pm

But wasn't Samuel on the phone with another Samuel at the end? Question

Yes, I that Sam as shifter scene was cool, but I meant there wasn't any "who is the real Sam" action.

As for smilies, I put them into text as I write, so its not a problem for me Very Happy
That's fine, as long as you don't press on quote. But I do, especially when answering to long posts. alien

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Huh? I didn't see that. I just saw Samuel talking on the phone to an unidentified someone else. We didn't see or hear the person, unless I missed something. I'll definitely be rewatching it at some point, I'll let ya know what I see. Or, uh, don't see. Smile
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:05 am

I maybe wrong about the 2 Samuels, but I want to say something about Djinns. The Djinn we met in S2 was blue skinned and certainly couldn't blend in with humans. So I still think that my boys are on to something with the "Changed Rules"-theory.

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Nuh uh! He had blue tats and his eyes and hands glowed blue when he was doing his djinn thing, but I just looked at the guy and his skin's not blue. Well, the untatted bits, anyway. Very Happy

But, yes, the rules have changed. We've been told as much all summer by the actors and writers.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 pm

ExtraCookie wrote:Nuh uh! He had blue tats and his eyes and hands glowed blue when he was doing his djinn thing, but I just looked at the guy and his skin's not blue. Well, the untatted bits, anyway. Very Happy

But, yes, the rules have changed. We've been told as much all summer by the actors and writers.
But I didn't read the spoilers, neither did R. and E.

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Very Happy Mm hm. ALSO, Samuel said the same in the season premiere. Very Happy
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm

ExtraCookie wrote: Very Happy Mm hm. ALSO, Samuel said the same in the season premiere. Very Happy
I missed that, too. Embarassed wild ride

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum