Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kill or Be Killed

2 posters

Go down

Kill or Be Killed Empty Kill or Be Killed

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:53 am

I'm so tired. Hope this doesn't suck too much.

How unfair that the werewolf curse kicks in if one causes death even accidentally! So, if Tyler was driving a car that someone else hit due to no fault of his own, that would do it? If Caroline had died the night of his car accident, that would've done it? Wow, harsh!

Mason, nooooooooo! I LIKED YOU! Now I'm confused, though. I'd say he's out-and-out bad and was all along if it weren't for the fact that he didn't actually do anything against the Salvatores until Damon tried to kill him. Stefan tried to smooth things over somewhat, but . . . I guess I can still understand the guy not being able to feel safe, thanks to Damon's assholetastic move. I want him to be a good guy, damn it! But he's not, of course; he's with Katherine and Tyler doesn't even trust him! Sad Oh, well, I guess it had to happen eventually--the hot, truly evil guy. *SIIIIGH* This makes me grumpy. I am grumpy. Evil or Very Mad (*whispers* but maybe, just maybe, he is good but is simply being played by Katherine. I mean, she played Damon for over a century, yes? He hasn't known her anywhere near that long. He may even be compelled! Please, oh, please, let this be the case! Mason pretty! Me want to like him! Shhhh, don't say anything. Let me cling to my spider-web thin strand of hope!)

Hee hee: Damon: "But I don't want peace!" Stefan: "Consider it Opposite Day." Kill or Be Killed 918938 Really, if anyone JUST loves Damon and can't love Stefan at all too; can't at least appreciate him, I feel sorry for her closed, closed mind. If absolutely nothing else, he enhances Damon. He knows how to handle him, how to talk to him; he makes him shine. Stefan is cool & keeps getting cooler. He'll never outshine Damon, unless the writers drastically fuck up, but he's great. I loved the brotherly interactions in this one. I'd say I like how handsy they are (especially Stefan), but I'm sure you'd take it the wrong way and accuse me of being into gay, incestuous slash even though you should know better by now, so, I won't say it. No, I won't mention how cute and cool it is when Stefan grabs Damon's face and makes him look him in the eyes so he gets through and know he means business & holds him still to make him listen while he talks and how Damon lets him & does the same to him (nice, subtle touch that makes them seem like brothers). Nope. Won't mention that. Wink

Damooooon! They did that thing again where they have Damon do some stupid, asshole move that makes me want to punch him in the face (or nads) (last week) then he turns right around and is awesome. More and more, it's like he's truly got a split personality. Elena seems to be seeing the same thing; note her remark at the end: " . . . that's the Damon who was my friend." I was overjoyed to see my thinking for a while now that, although he'd been playing her in the beginning, Damon truly had come to like the sheriff was correct. We saw it when he comforted her at that funeral (it was at the funeral, wasn't it?) and then, when I was convinced he saw right through her using her fight with Caroline as an excuse for her demeanor, he didn't! He actually believed her and confronted Caroline about being a bitch to her mom! *Lump in throat* Awwwwwww, Damon, you confusing fucker, I love you! (Seriously, I just didn't see that coming at all. I'm tellin' ya, TV & movies can be more fun when you tend to suck at predicting the plot, like I do!) When she asked him to kill her, I thought he'd actually try it, so I was delightedly shocked when he not only didn't, but actually SAID she was his friend. Something about our wicked, often selfish Damon having true friendship feelings for the SHERIFF WHO IS A MEMBER OF A COUNCIL THAT KILLS VAMPIRES just kinda melts me; it's damned sweet (& funny). I wonder if, really, (NOT that I'm excusing any of the actually bad crap he's done, I promise!) he's at heart a very sympathetic, good guy, but has made the unwise decision to handle pain by building a facade that is petty, selfish and careless. I'm not Damon-blinded like SOME people I know *coughhelpscough*, but, seriously, it's looking that way to me. Damon is probably the best character on TV right now. You know that's saying a lot for me, because you KNOW how in love I am with Team Free Will. Ugh. OK, maybe they're about even; to be fair, there's lots of new-character sparkle on Damon still. He's just awesome, though. And, look at that, his instinct apparently turned out to be right; my pretty Mason is apparently bad. Sad Tyler, of course, is a good kid and I feel awful that he's going to be a werewolf. Very soon, I'm sure. Had that chick who stumbled down the stairs not been drunk, it most likely would've been in this ep.

I've become such a Caroline fan! She is hilarious! (with a bloodied face after killing two people right in front of Liz) "Hi, Mom." rofl She is fantastic comic relief! She's cool, though, and tragic. I loved her kicking Mason's ass for Elena and I felt sorry for her when her mom rejected her. Ouch. It was sad when she confessed to Elena that Matt had been threatened, too. She makes a fantastic vampire. Thanks, Katherine! You can leave now, Katherine. You gifted us with Vampire Caroline, now go away. You bore me.

Jeremy is so back in my good graces. Thank you, show gods, for unemoing the kid and focusing on his sweet, smart self. loved his scenes with Tyler, love that he's straight-forward like Stefan, love that he's been making an effort for a while now to reach out to Tyler (if anyone on this show needs a good friend, it's that kid!) and hasn't given up on him. Um, that's not very realistic for dudes to do, is it? I'm actually asking; I'm a hermit, remember? Anyway, he's an adorable kid and I love him again. Know what makes me love him even more? He unemoed HIMSELF. He thought things through and realized on his own that he was being a little bitch and decided to take a different path. Good for you, kiddo! NOW I'm reminded why Elena is so gaga over her little brother. Kill or Be Killed 283147

Um, that scene that was supposed to be hot and romantic and involved Elena feeding Stefan her blood was goofy. Yes it was. Don't argue with me. They couldn't cover it up with a nice song. tongue "Oh, it'll be so romantic to feed blood to my boyfriend who has to continually fight the urge to suck me dry as it is! Making it worse will be so sexy and lovely!" Pfffft. Delete! Damon and Elena's little moment at the door before she almost left, though? Lovely!

Anyway, YES, Stefan, suck down that hublood (but not your girlfriend's, F.F.S.), I'm more than ready to see scary you again! Maybe you'll do something assholetastic like Damon; it'll be a test to see if I can keep loving you like I do your brother! Fellow forum members: you hadn't forgotten I type directly TO the fictitious characters at times because I'm insane, right?

Sooooo, why aren't the Salvatores working on building an immunity to vervain now that they know it can be done? Duh, boys, get with it! It's amazing how little it takes to have a strong effect; Damon didn't even swallow one whole mouthful of vervain-spiked lemonade & it made him so sick. They should probably just never accept drinks from strangers in Mystic Falls unless they see the stranger get it from an unopened container. Dumbasses.

So, what do you think the moon stone does? Provides vampires immunity against werewolves? Keeps werewolves from wolfing out? Enables them to wolf out whenever? Gives someone control over a werewolf? What?

Bye.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Kill or Be Killed Empty Re: Kill or Be Killed

Post  Calena Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 pm

This was a super ep of Vampire Diaries. (Yes. I'm using "super" a lot lately. I know it's bad style. So I'm gonna pretend I'm using it on purpose). Where's my cucumber- banana smiley? wild ride Here it is. Kill or Be Killed 918938

Mason definitely is Katherine's little pet wolf. That guy is glamoured hair to toe! Compelled? I think it's "compell" in the VD universe and "glamour" in True Blood. Kill or Be Killed 56438
She practically MADE him into a werewolf. You got 3, no 1, guess as to who got the idea his girlfriend slept with Mason into that other surfer dude's head! explode
So as to where Mason falls on the evil-good scale I cannot tell. Unlike all other of us god's children, he doesn't have free will. *snicker*

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO very happy that they all FINALLY came to see reason, and accepted that Stefan needs human blood. I think I missed something, though: Why is Damon able to control his blood lust (because he is. He doesn't need to suck a human dry if he doesn't want to) and Stefan isn't? Just lack of practice? What made Stefan go off human blood in the first place, again? I forgot.

Um, that scene that was supposed to be hot and romantic and involved Elena feeding Stefan her blood was goofy. Yes it was. Don't argue with me. They couldn't cover it up with a nice song. tongue "Oh, it'll be so romantic to feed blood to my boyfriend who has to continually fight the urge to suck me dry as it is! Making it worse will be so sexy and lovely!" Pfffft. Delete! Damon and Elena's little moment at the door before she almost left, though? Lovely!
I completely disagree!!!!! Really, helps, we need this smiley with a sign that says "I disagree" !!! agree
Willingly giving one's vampire boyfriend your blood is always highly romantic. Even more so if said vampire boyfriend is in mortal peril, but even when not it's just so highly symbolic and so very meaningful for the human-vampire relationship. The vampire is superior to the human in EVERYTHING, but willingly giving one's blood is the one thing that gives the human power of the vampire, and thus balances the relationship. Also, it's highly sensual. I suppose. Lacking a vampire boyfriend I never made the expierence myself. lol!
I don't understand the technics, though. How is drinking human blood building a tolerance and not just fanning the cravings? Certainly eating only a little chocolate instead of much doesn't make my taste for chocolate go away. It takes willpower to stop at just a small piece. Of course if I wouldn't even have a small piece the cravings for chocolate would drive me crazy and I'd end up binging on it. Maybe that's the theory for Stefan, too, since he can't avoid human blood for good anymore, he must learn to do with small doses.

Katherine is necessary, if she went away, no Mason, no Stefan-human blood thing, no crazy Damon.

In the cellar when Elena showed up to save the brothers I was thinking "if there ever was a good time for Elena actually to turn out to be Katherine, this is it" rofl But it turns out they managed nonetheless.

I have always liked Jer. I wanna adopt him, too. I think he and Jason would get along well, Jer is mature for his age, and Jason... well.... rofl rofl

Caroline rules! I like her so much better as a vampire than before!

What does the moonstone do? Before the Katherine's pet werewolf reveal I'd have said Mason wants it so badly because it prevents wolfing out. But if it did, it wouldn't make sense for Kathering to want it so much. Maybe you can use it to bring a pack of werewolves under one's control, without having to compell each and every one in their human form?
Or maybe it makes vampires immune to werewolf bites, so Katherine could unleash werewolves onto the brothers and safely watch in the midst of things?

Yes, Stefan and Damon should get their vervain on!

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:51 pm

No "practically" to it, really. She obviously knew all about werewolves, that they have anger issues, what happens when they kill, etc. She orchestrated the whole thing, of course. The way that guy who, apparently, was his friend, was going at him, I'm sure she compelled him to. I hope Mason, at the very least, turns out to be a gray-area dude; I can live with that. Maybe he'll keep confusing us, finally making us hate him, only to have some gut-wrenching, tragic death that shockingly shows us he was a tragically used and abused sweetheart all along. Then we'll all grieve and cry until Damon says something hilarious to cheer us up and we'll move on.

What crazy drivel are you speaking? Giving blood to your vamp partner gives you control? How, pray tell? Yeah, I guess it gives you control over how much more difficult it is for him to fight the urge to murdeer you and how much sooner he may stop being able to fight it! Laughing I don't get that aspect of vampire story telling. It's stupid. Just like it's stupid that blood is more like a drug than food, as it was in original lore. Why should it be? Stupid. But since that is the way it is, it's pretty idiotic to push your partner's craving to do you serious harm over the edge. It's not romantic. Just stupid. So, let's substitute blood for, oh, I don't know, coke. Your man's been a serious coke addict, but it makes him strong and great in a fight so he decides to go ahead and coke out for you in order to fight someone who's threatening you. Just so happens you always have awesome coke hanging around because . . . I don't fuckin' know, you're a supplier or something and if you don't meet supply right down to the last gram, you'll get killed by your buyers, so your man has been fighting his urge to raid your coke stash ever since he's known you. But now, you say, "You need coke? OK, then. Even though you can easily get coke somewhere else without hurting me, here, have some of MY coke, even though it could lead to my death." Or something. I suck at analogies and I just whipped that one up on the fly, but maybe you get my point anyway. It's dumb. But, then, I'm not as enamoured with vampires as you, so I understand. Smile

Let's see if I can remember Stefan's whole hublood problem. I think the problem is that a new vampire has to learn how to control those cravings, to choose who and when they drink from and to do so without killing. Stefan went off the stuff long ago, so he's out of practice. He's back to being the way all vampires are when they're new--super dangerous (I used super in sympathy with you. You're welcome). So, now, he's having to relearn and he's trying to figure out how to do it without murdering random people like he probably did when he was new at it and like Caroline did. Don't people learn to handle booze better, for instance, over time? Like, when they first start drinking as dumb teenagers, they go overboard, get drunk too fast too often, then learn how to manage it? Again, I don't know, I'm really asking, not only am I a hermit, but I've never been anywhere near drunk; haven't had a drink in nearly a decade. Because I'm super cool like that. Wink So, maybe it's along those lines. Also, you can't compare chocolate to other things. Chocolate has scary, magical powers of attraction and addiction; it's in a class all its own. Blood attraction is nothing compared to chocolate attraction. You know this. I know this. helps probably knows this.

Katherine is sort of necessary for now. We can still have all that good stuff without her, eventually, with good writing. I wanted to enjoy her, was very excited about her showing up, but she's been pretty disappointing to me; I can't bring myself to care. It'd help if she weren't SO much like Elena in EVERY way but personality. Same mannerisms, same way of speaking, same expressions, everything. I don't know if Nina's just sucking at the portrayal or if they wrote her that way. If they wrote her that way, they need to get on with explaining why and make it a damned good explanation, or it just sucks.

Moon stone, yep. My top two theories are controlling werewolves and protection against them. Maybe both! Whatever it is, it'll equal control of the Salvatores for Katherine. Mason must be played or compelled as hell to turn it over to her. The more I think about it, the sorrier I feel for the guy; he's one smitten kitten. Er, puppy. I could be all wrong, of course; again, I tend to suck at predicting these things.

P.S. Jeremy doesn't need adopting, because he's smart and Elena is a great sister and Damon's a great surrogate big brother (despite what he thinks. Damon obviously adores Jeremy. It's cute as hell. Maybe he kind of sees Stefan when he looks at him & feel regrets & what-not. Aw). However, we shall adopt him, too, anyway; at least part-time so that he can baby-sit Jason when we can't be around and so he can be his redneck tribe's teacher. Also, Jason will protect him well should the need arise. Elena can certainly entrust him into his care as far as that's concerned and it'll be a good idea to get him out of town sometimes, as Mystic Falls is often an extra-dangerous place. We'll get to drawing up a visiting schedule for him soon.

ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum