Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Free or Twihard

2 posters

Go down

Live Free or Twihard Empty Live Free or Twihard

Post  ExtraCookie Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:24 am

I kind of feel like crying. I'm so disappointed. The preview clips and episode info made me think this episode would be cool. It wasn't. It sucked. (Pun intended.) No *SIIGH* What has happened to my fave show? Is it because Eric left? Is it because we lost a writer or two? There were loads of negative, whiny fans when these things happened that said they didn't want to watch this season, blah, blah, but I wasn't one of them. I stayed positive and open-minded and looked forward to the season. I thought at least some of the changes mentioned sounded exciting and intriguing. I've tried hard this season to like what's going on, but I don't. We've had 5 eps. now and only 2 were good, one really good. That's not good. The first ep. was just bad, the 2nd was decent, the third was pretty good, the 4th was excellent, and this one is about as bad as the first. The music even sucked! What were they thinking with that soundtrack in the Dean talking to the leader vampire scene? It was annoying!

The digs at Twilight were funny, but not nearly as funny as I expected. I barely chuckled. Also, come on, that kidnapped victim was stupid. I think that's taking making fun of Twilight fans a tad too far. What total idiot would buy that? Even if she made it as far as meeting the guy, what total idiot would look at fangs and think they're real? Damn it, she deserved what she got! Also, her dad allowed Dean and Sam (I don't feel like calling him Sammy anymore at the moment. Sammy is a term of endearment. He's not feeling dear to me anymore, which makes me so sad) to look around in her room without him because . . .? Yeah, who'd do that? I don't care if I had a gaggle of FBI and CIA and whoever else wanting to look around my home, I'd be right there with them (esp. if they were in my missing CHILD'S room!) all the way, unless I was threatened with legal action not to be or physically restrained! They're getting lazy with the details on this show.

I can't take this thing with Sammy. Yes, I'm intrigued, but whatever's going on isn't worth the transformation of Sammy from a lovely, sweet person to this cold-hearted, empty thing who allowed (maybe even set up!) his brother to get turned into a vampire and SMILED when it was done! What the holy ever lovin' hell?! That's not Sammy! Who IS that?! What did Lucifer do to him? Whatever it is, it sucks and if the show is planning to drag this been-there-done-that plot of Sammy's-all-wrong-&-evil-and-Dean's-so-perfect-and-right out all or most of the season, then I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep watching it. They'll have to give me one HELL of a good reason to be able to excuse this. So, what is it? Did Jeff do something that ticked Eric and/or some other staff members off so badly that he/they decided to trash John, and since Sam is so much like him, they wanted to extend the trashing to him? So, instead of a heroic, good-hearted DUO, we now have evil brother/golden good brother? NO. UH UH. NOPE. Hate it. Just hate it. Evil or Very Mad

Ugh. I can see this is basically going to be a post full o' whining. Feel free to ignore, I honestly won't blame you.

Where to start?! There's a CURE for vampirism? Oh, it's another one of those super secret awesome things that only the awesome Campbells know. Annnnd they never bothered to share the info with other hunters. Never passed the word around. Well, aren't they just sweethearts. Why do I get the feeling that Dean and Sam won't bother, either? Poor Lenore & clan, out there, not happy with their lot and sucking on cows won't cross their minds. LAME. That's right, Show. Please continue taking away John's title of most legendary, bad-ass hunter on the show, the last thing he had left. Really, we just can't get it through our thick skulls what a useless sack of shit John really was. I hope you can manage to work in at least one John jab in each episode. Rolling Eyes

Last week, I was elated, because the show FELT like "Supernatural" again. It was so well written and performed, I felt right back at home and had so much fun! Tonight, it was like watching ep. 1 again. It felt so off. It fell flat.

At this moment, as much as it breaks my heart to admit it, T.V.D. is my fave show. It is shocking to see those words typed out from my hands and I'm really hoping that this won't remain true, but for now, it is. This season, even T.V.D.'s weaker eps. (Um, all one of them? One or 2, tops) are far better than all of "Supernatural's" have been except for last week's and, somewhat, the week's before. SAD. When I watch T.V.D., I'm constantly entertained; even the weaker episodes entertain me. Most of their episodes leave me on Cloud 9, thrilled, excited, intrigued, wondering what's next. This season, SPN's have mostly left me confused and disappointed.

I can't wait for next week! Cas is going to be in it, YES! I've been reading over and over that he wasn't coming back again 'til 10, which was killing me! I hope he's in it more than a few mins. I also hope they get their act together and put him in heavily soon! We're seeing more of Samuel and Lisa than Cas so far, and that is a tragedy! His sweet face in the promo looked--once again--troubled/regretful/sad/weary. Poor Cas, is he ever gonna get some peace and rest? Bless his feathery heart! The promo made the episode look quite intriguing and possibly quite good but, then, so did the promo for this week's episode, so I'm not counting on it.

I hope you girls enjoyed this ep. more than I did. I feel disappointed and sad. And empty or something. Live Free or Twihard 835808

P.S. I just noticed that I'm "Damon's midnight snack!" Laughing When did that happen?! *Exposes neck* Woo, Damon, come and GET it, honey! All I ask is that you say something hilariously snarky to me at some point and allow me to gaze into your gorgeous eyes for a few moments. Let's do this! vamp
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Live Free or Twihard Empty Re: Live Free or Twihard

Post  Calena Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 am

I wanna be Damon's midnight snack, too! How many posts does one need for that? affraid

Well, I was expecting a through and through light hearted ep chock full of one liners making fun of Twilight. Which was not what I got. I enjoyed it very much until the scene where Sam hesitated to get biker vamp off Dean. Everything that happened after that confused me. I had decided it was some kind of dream/alternate reality thing, because it's one thing to use strangers as a means to an end, but one's own brother? Shocked Shocked Shocked Sam hasn't been Sammy anymore since he didn't even blink about the idea of sacrificing virgin girl in Jus in Bello, imo, and I was very much ok with that, because his character got much more interesting with added shades of grey. But this new Sam is way more evil than demon blood guzzling Season 4 Sam. Because now he's being a manipulative bitch, instead of the one being manipulated. Risking Dean on purpose is pretty much where I draw the line in my Sam understanding. Show, you better come up with some real good explanation for this, and it better not be that Sam is Lucifer/possessed OR god. I very much hope there will be redemption for Sam and it's all some great master plan of his that will explain/excuse everything in hindsight. However, Samuel + clan are probably not evil, given the comment Samuel made about Sam's behaviour.

Having said that, the first scenes in the "Black Rose" were hilarious and of course this girl would believe vampires are real. She's a hormonal, hysterical teenager. There are people in the real world who believe vampires are real, you know?

Ähm, they boys have always been looking around in victims' rooms without anyone of the family present, haven't they? That's not new. Unless my memory is fooling me again. Anyway, that's a detail I really not care about.

I hope Lisa doesn't break up with Dean. I like her mature, unexcited "I know your job is risky, but it's important you do it, so I'm gonna make compromises" attitude.

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:21 pm

I disagree about Sammy. I don't think there was anything evil about him being willing to make that virgin sacrifice, but I'm sure I said this at the time. (I was posting with y'all then, yes?) He was being practical. In the end, he was right, too. They all died, instead of just one person dying. Actually, there was one wrong thing about it: him trusting Ruby instead of consulting with Dean first. Of course, even that came from a good place. Sam, in my opinion, has NEVER been "evil." Everything he ever did was from a good place. Trusting Ruby, drinking blood to power up, all of it. Evil is when you do bad shit selfishly and not for a greater good. Everything Sammy did heretofore was done out of goodness and caring. He got duped by Ruby and that's it. Dean's mistrust of him and treating him like a "snot-nosed kid" didn't help things. It started out JUST being him being desperate to save Dean and the world, then it got enhanced by him feeling he had something to prove. (And what he wanted to proove was something GOOD; that he could SAVE the world.) He's never been evil. Ever. It's just that when Ruby came along, he hardened up some and made the desperate decision to have angelic thinking (bigger picture) and put the good of the many before the few. That view is controversial period, has always been. That view probably can't be said to be overall right or wrong; it's rather dependent upon the individual situation. Most of the time, though, I feel it's right. If it's one death/suffering compared to many, it just makes sense to give up the one. At the point of the virgin sacrifice, Sammy was also infected with the demon blood and being played like crazy by Ruby. He couldn't think the way he usually did and really just thought he was making the right call. It's not like he was happy about it, rubbing his hands together evilly and grinning! So, in summary, I don't know where people are getting this "evil Sammy" stuff. He never has been. EVER. He's has been duped, misguided and infected by demon blood (and once possessed). That's it. The Sammy we have now, however, is obviously something different. I just hope like hell it's something he can't help and that the REAL Sammy will return someday.

Yep, they do the alone-in-a-room thing, I guess I just then felt like pointing out that it was stupid. Actually, most of the time, they either sneak there or pretend they're going to the restroom or whatever, don't they? But it's happened before, yeah. And it's stupid.

I so disagree about hormonal teens. I was a teen, I'd never have believed some guy was a vampire then. There's hormone-addled and just plain stupid. Anyone that stupid is living under close supervision and probably wearing a helmet. There may be a rare few idiots who believe vampires (as in supernatural ones) are real, but there are nowhere near enough of them for these vamps to have rounded up so many. It's silly.

Really?! I so want Lisa and Ben to go away! She's pathetic! Dean was annoying to her and mean to Ben (yes, for his own good, but if he hadn't GONE there in a vampiric, hungry state in the first place, he wouldn't have had to shove the kid away for his own good) and Lisa is just pathetic to put up with Dean's crap (I adore Dean, you know that, but his lifestyle is not suitable for a woman like Lisa and a CHILD. If this show were reality, they'd both already have died a long time ago). I was somewhat OK with them at first, but it's ridiculous now. They messed up with this storyline, but we're stuck with it now, so I've gotta just deal with it. If she were really mature, she'd keep herself and her child (because a child needs his mother, especially when he doesn't have a dad) out of Dean's dangerous, crazy, hectic lifestyle. Where the hell is her maternal instinct, anyway?

ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum