Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Descent

3 posters

Go down

The Descent Empty The Descent

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:02 am

The only reason I'm reviewing already is because I forgot to warm my room up earlier, so I have to wait for it to get warm before I try to sleep in there. I'm EXHAUSTED! So, please forgive me if this review is even more disjointed and nonsensical than usual. yawn

You'd think Damon breaking our hearts would get old-hat, since most things oft repeated do, but, no. UGH. It's still amazing to watch. He's done it AGAIN. Sad It is lovely to watch it now that we know the guy and have seen behind the mask. We know what he's really like. Even before Rose pointed out that that "flipping a switch" thing was bullshit. Even Alaric could tell that to an extent. So, naturally, from the very first moment he tried to act blase and claimed not to give a damn that Rose was dying, I was like, "Yeeeah, riiiight, Damon. I believe you. NOT!" It was easy to tell very early on that he was going to have to kill her, but that didn't soften the blow of it one bit. What I didn't see coming was him softening her death in such a beautiful, touching way. That lovely dream he made for her? The one he managed to be so deliciously Damonesque in? *SIGH* Awwww. sad very sad Heh, both Mom and I were all misted up over that one. That was fantastic! Ian is so good!

Why did Elena have to pull horror-flick-chick hijinks again? Duh, she should've just stood there in that first giant area of sunshine she created! Rose couldn't get her there! Rolling Eyes

Yay for Stefan being all, "yeah . . . right . . . uh, NO" to Elena's sacrificial plan. His defensiveness is old-hat also, but it also doesn't get old.

*Sigh* I really liked Rose. She was a perfect friend with benefits for Damon, which is why I knew she was doomed. She was so lovely, being blatantly honest about her regrets with Elena and passionately insisting she fight for herself. So, OK, we have to face the fact that T.V.D. employs the Stephen King method of Make You Love a Character Then Kill Them. I hate that method. But it IS effective. Damn it. angry By the way, I LOVE that the show made her actually look like shit when she was sick. You don't see that much on TV/movies. I'm so sick to death of depictions of very sick/dying women who have their make-up on and hair done. Rolling Eyes Puh-LEEZE! I look worse in the mornings than most women they show who are DYING. She needed to look shitty, she did, and it added to the realism.

I totally knew Elena would hold Damon, too. Awwwww. Exactly what I'd have done. Only difference would've been that, about 2 hours later, Damon would've said, "Uh, are you ever going to let go of me? My back's starting to hurt and I'm getting sleepy." Another hour later: "OK, seriously . . . I'm super uncomfortable now. You need to let go. Now. For real." Heh. Heh heh. blush

Yay, Alaric! Does Alaric live at the Mystic Grill? They need to bump up my fave teacher's salary so he can get a home! Or he could move in with Jenna. Elena would love that! What a Face

The Caroline/Matt/Tyler Triangle is too sad for me. The way it's going right now, it looks like neither one will work out for her. The previews certainly forecast some seriously bad shit going down between her and Tyler. Good. Maybe it'll bring her and Matt back together. Matt + Caroline forever! Sheesh, she could at least scare up a nice lie to let poor Matt down easily! Of course, cool as she's become, she is still our Caroline--not the quickest-witted person in the world. rabbit

affraid Damon! No, no NO! I knew he was gonna suck that girl, damn it. vamp biting Maybe, just maybe, it'll turn out that she lives. I doubt it, though. That was huge. Ian was fantastic again. Wow! Surprised sad

OK, lucky people, I'm too tired to go on. That about does it. Sleep

P.S. Oh, almost forgot: John's back. Whoop-de-doo. I almost forgot because I don't really care. Pssh. Why bring him back? I never felt like he added much to the show. Oh, well.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

The Descent Empty Re: The Descent

Post  helps Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Oh I made it over here! OMG! am I good or what. It's been such a loooong time! Missed you MS and girls *group hug* The Descent 56438 *dancing llama*

This episode reminded me SPN way too much. I mean, I used to watch TVD and had a pure joy and laughed over silly romance and laughed with pleasure over Damoneque evil awesome scenes&lines. Lately it's been getting harder and harder to watch and tonite's episode just killed me very sad The Descent 835808 crying I mean, I get depression from SPN, but now I felt so bad after watching TVD,too. I guess it means show is getting better&more emotionally strong, but damn them... There was a lot to worry about, a lot to cry and whine over..... pulling out hair

At the beginning, I didn't enjoy SE scene. In a way, Stefan and Elena lack chemistry for me and I can't help it, but Paul seems to be acting unnatural?! Don't want to sound harsh, but he's handling better those non-romantic scenes. Tho, it was still cute to watch, but weird... Also I didn't buy his drinking vervain, he was like *cough cough* jumped up and everything was ok, lol. Maybe a little bad writing. I'm also not liking Elena being all ready to go by Elijah's or anyone's plan. Rose was right to tell her that she needs to at least try and not to give up. Hope Elena learnt some lesson.
Then I think it's kind of good that Stefan contacted John. I really don't like John, but whatever... They need any help they can get. Although he's an idjit, I think he still cares about Elena and will do whatever it takes to save her.
Awww. Caroline and boys was so awesome. I love Candice SO much. She's a great and beautiful actress. I want her with Matt, because they're such a sweet couple, but I could imagine her with Tyler,too. Tho, I hate that Jules ruined their friendship by telling Tyler she killed Mason. angry They could have been so good for each other, understanding all this supernatural mess around them. Also Jules telling Tyler that others are coming?! The Descent 53364 Poor Salvatores and Caroline are gonna be doomed. The Descent 172736 It was heartbreakin to watch Caroline, telling Matt she loves him, but the way she's conflicted because she doesn't wanna put him in danger and reveal her secret to him... aw.

See, my self-control is so awesome Laughing I managed to not mention Damon til now. Well, as it's said "the best in the end..."
Damon and Rose part of this episode was perfect. The things Rose was saying, Damon trying to pretend so hard he doesn't care... I feel like I can't even express with words how much I'm sorry for him, ... Ian killed me in this episode, it was phenomenal acting on his part and dammit. He made me cry like a baby. Under this mask he's just so scared and lonely and hurt!, it's unbelievable. very sad How beautiful of him that he compelled Rose to dream...It was like real paradise, I could totally relate to this, because that scenery, horses, warm autumn - it's totally what would make me feel safe and happy. Their little dream talk was sooooo beautiful, I can't get over it. love u sad I loved Elena hug, but hahaha you said it Cookie. If it was me, after few hours Damon would have to shake me off himself, because I wouldn't let him go. tight hug Not after this. I would also definitely stay over night, just sit in silence, but to make sure that he knows he's not alone .... Also Elena was a bit annoying with her - I know you care speech, lol. WE know, Damon knows, no need to repeat it all over again, not in situation like this... Of course, he feels and his anwer "I feel Elena , ok ? And it sucks" was perfect,too.
OH DAMMIT! the last scene was like i was already dead and the train ran over me melt sad very sad very sad very sad Sad How horribly sad is that Damon is only able to admit his feelings to compelled strange girl? That he was tearing all teh way through that scene and said he misses being human?! affraid very sad And his existentional crises aka kill her or not to kill.... AWWWWWWWWW!!! I just need to take a deep breath and.... wait for the next week.
I've read an interview with Ian and I can tell girl will live to see another day, also she'll live to see naked Damon, lol. Lucky her. As for what Ian said, she'll be his puppet, but a bit different, because she's apparently smart journalist who will think about things and won't be just brainless puppet lol. If u know what I mean.... and old Damon should come back and have fun with her for awhile, so hopefully it will get brighter. Tho, I can never forget Ian's/Damon's teary tortured face and I won't buy this stuff from Damon anymore. Now it's like he's totally different guy than he was in s1. very sad very sad very sad

and I'm worried about Caroline. Promo doesnt look too good for her. Tho, promos are often trying to mislead us, so...
That's all guys. Hope u didn't get tired of my cry smilie LOL
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:40 pm

When will you understand that's a rabbit, not a llama?!

I knoooow, poor Damon! We've seen him sad before, we've seen him broken before, but we've never seen him freaking out/frantic and broken. That was terrible. Ian was BORN to play Damon! helps, I think this ep. has made it necessary for some serious psych meds. Maybe we can pool our money and share them somehow. We need super extra triple strength and to be sure to take a dose before every T.V.D. (and "Supernatural") ep. Perhaps we should get counseling to get us through this recent Damon trauma. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, yeah, Stelena lacks chemistry. That's what a typical Team Damon person would say. tongue Whatever. I loves me some protective Stefan. I agree the vervain acting could've been better, though. Of course, remember, it was watered down vervain, not even close to full strength. I also love Stefan more when he's being calm, cool, super bad-ass, but I think he and Elena are cute together. *Shrug*

As for Caroline, some show person said things are going to get "tragic" with her and Tyler. So, sorry, Calena (but not really) I doubt your dream of Tylerine will come true. At least not permanently. HA HA! Go, Matt, GO! Matt forever! I do like her connection with Tyler, but I don't want it to be romantic. And, honestly, how can it be (at least permanently) now that he knows she took part in murdering Mason? That's one of Damon's biggest mistakes. I think Lexie was the biggest, just because she was so dear to Stefan. Trouble-wise, though, yeah, it's gotta be Mason. The guy kept saying "tragic," so that plus the scenes of a caged Caroline have me scared they may kill her! They wouldn't do that to us, would they?! If they do, you must join me in rioting with pitchforks and torches!

How could I have missed that hugging-too-hard smilie?! It's perfect for our desire to over-hold Damon! Laughing

Groovy, the chick will live! This is very good! So, yeah, it seems we'll see a relapsed Damon for a while. That's OK, this will be fun and I can wait patiently for the real him to emerge. I know Calena is also happy. It sounds like she won't be the pushover puppet Caroline was either (how?). Cool.

No, your tons of crying smilies were totally warranted! Sad
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:57 pm

When will you understand that's a rabbit, not a llama?!

Oh you wuss! It's most certainly a llama! I know llamas. I used to go and watch them with my grand-daddy! Razz The Descent 56438 I know how llama looks like! relax

Ian was BORN to play Damon! helps, I think this ep. has made it necessary for some serious psych meds. Maybe we can pool our money and share them somehow. We need super extra triple strength and to be sure to take a dose before every T.V.D. (and "Supernatural") ep. Perhaps we should get counseling to get us through this recent Damon trauma. Crying or Very sad

Oh yea! I mean, what's wrong with us watching those horribly sad TV shows?! Only thing we probably missed is Friday night lights, I've heard it's veeeery depressive,too. LOL. Tho, I have enough stress out of TVD and SPN. We definitely should take ome prozac or anothe meds. It's not okeeey to be stressed like that. The Descent 68644 sad The Descent 53364 very sad We should do something about it... Damon is gonna be our end.
PERHAPS we should follow Matt's advice and meditate or something Matt meditating

Yeah, yeah, Stelena lacks chemistry. That's what a typical Team Damon person would say. tongue Whatever.

whistle peace I don't say they're bad, but they're kinda boring. THey have no passion between them, no chemistry, nothing... They kiss but I dunno. I even liked more Stefan's interaction w/ Caroline. The way they were joking and talking about stuff, it was so sweet love u Stelena is cute, but lately it feels weird, I dunno.

Oh. Sorry to hear that Caroline and Tyler are gonna fight. I also hoped that Tylerine could happen. I mean, I love Matt, but Caroline and Tyler would be super hot and also cool, considering they wouldn't have to keep any secret and they're both supernatural. Remember Lexi talking about vamp sex? Lol now what about vamp/werewolf sex? The Descent 918938 Okeeey, this is such an important issues and topic, I just mentioned... we should discuss it more in depth XD Anyways, I'm really sorry that Tyler is gonna hate Caroline. I know that killing Mason was a bad move, but it wasn't really Caroline's fault, it was Damon and Stefan assuming that he's gonna be trouble. I mean, I blamed Damon for his first hateful move, but after Mason just walked to the sheriff and told her everything.... I mean -well, he tried to kill them and nearly managed to do so, so Damon killing him was just the result. I hope Tyler realizes soon enough that Caroline is only a victim,too. Poor girl didn't want to be a vamp and she's been handling it so well. If they kill her, I'm with ya Cookie. We'll fight to get her back! chairshot The Descent 37427

How could I have missed that hugging-too-hard smilie?! It's perfect for our desire to over-hold Damon! Laughing

Yea, I knew that smiley would come in handy XD Hugging Damon and not leting him go LOL. That's perfect.

About the chick, I tried to compare face of the girl in the last ep and face of the girl from Ian's pic. I'm not sure, it's not probably her. So I guess Damon killed her. Oh well. Poor damaged vamp baby very sad tight hug can't stop hugging him.
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Descent Empty DAMON NOBLE KNIGHT OF MYSTIC FALLS?!

Post  helps Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Hiya Cookie...
I've been doing some soul searching after last episode and I was thinking about Damon from the bigger perspective.
I think so far we all thought that Damon is being evil and bad badass vampire, because he hates his humanity and feeling anything, but *gasp* It turns out that he not only doesn't hate humanity, he f'kin loves it and misses it so much! confused crying I'm thinking therefore all hi being all wussy and telling Stefan that he hates him not for turning him, but because he was w/ Katherine,too is only one big lie. I mean, if he's so desperately missing his humanity, now that's the reason why he's been such an ass to Stefan and well... to everyone. It seems like it hurts him that he's not human anymore and wants to forget about it, so he tries hard to push everyone away and be bad and not thinking about it. How screwed up is that?! very sad We know he's been trying to deny his feelings and lying himself about switch off button... Now I just found this one interesting and worth a thought. I mean, this throws light upon his personality even more. It explains quite a lot, imo. All the hate he showed Stefan and other people... He's furious and mad (or was) at Stefan, because he turned him and I suppose he acted so recklessly and cruel around people, because perhaps he can't stand he's not a human anymore and so he acted around them scornfully and especially in s1 he showed no mercy to people around him..... until Elena came across and he saw some1 cares about him and stuff... you know the rest. But I think it's interesting POV and I'm glad that this proves he wasn't being such an ass to Stefan only because of a girl. AND it makes me love him and pity him even more. Damn, he probably hates himself as a vampire very sad . sad tight hug tight hug melt kiss
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Yep, of course. I think they've put that across for a while now. I think it was the main point of showing us that Stefan was responsible for nudging him into vampirism. I feel it's certainly an unfair exaggeration to say he turned him, because he didn't. Damon wasn't forced, but he was emotionally pushed into doing it. Even at that, it's not like Stefan (try to comprehend what I'm saying here. I'm sure it's hard for a Team Damon member, but TRY) had any evil intent. He didn't in any way talk Damon into it because he wanted to cause his brother any pain; he wasn't even thinking of that. At the time, he was in so much pain and so scared he was pretty much reduced to 2 basic, instinctual thoughts: I'm scared to die and I want my big brother. I'm willing to bet Damon's understood this all along, too. I don't think the focal point of his anger has ever actually been Stefan; Stefan's just been a convenient punching bag for him to vent his anguish onto, simple as that. Damon knows Stefan didn't want any of this, that it's all Katherine's fault, and Stefan's own pain & fear pushed him to make two terrible decisions. He knows.

Of course his actions have been to hide his pain at his state of being. His Katherine situation was a part of that, though. Stefan knows Damon better than we do, so I'm sure he got that right. ". . . and you torture me because you still do [love her]. That, my brother, is your humanity." One thing he didn't (but I think does by now) understand at that point, though, was that Damon doesn't hate him. Rolling Eyes Silly Stefan, your brother loves you to pieces and couldn't live without you. A part of him, at least, had to have known, because he did call Damon's bluff on killing him and Damon wussed right out of that. Very Happy

Not that I'm not loving this juicy Damon angst but, realistically, I don't see his problem. He (as are all vampires) IS human, just a different kind of one. He has the same capabilities humans do with extra abilities that are totally freakin' awesome! He can even eat food, have sex and be in sunlight! He (if he learns to stop making/avoid enemies) has the potential to live many lifetimes; a different kind each time, should he so choose, and to love & be loved by many, many, many people, learn from past mistakes to improve his life to awesome levels and have every single pleasure the world has to offer. Wow, boo hoo, poor thing! I'm tellin' ya, fictional vampires just don't know how to live! Even Lestat gets all angsty sometimes! What the hell is their problem?! Damon even has the blood situation under control--he's worked out what kind of blood he wants and a humane way to have it. Sure, the whole tending-to-want-to-drink-even-your-lover's-blood thing is kinda rough, but Stefan's shown us that it can be managed just fine. Also, yes, I'm sure loving people and having them die while you have to keep living without them is horrible (and, in my opinion would be the worst thing about being a vampire). Also, seeing the world change so drastically from what it was like when you grew up must be unsettling (second worst vampire thing), but, surely, those things are a small enough price to pay for perfect health, amazing strength, magical powers, the ability to be whoever you want to be, have whatever you want, go wherever you want and possible immortality! Suck it UP, wussy fictional vampires! coffin Wow. I totally sounded like Calena in that last bit, didn't I? But, no, it's me. She did not hijack my post. Laughing

OK, I now return you to the world of T.V.D., in which vampires just can't see all of this for some reason. Heh. I just had to inject a dose of reality into the surreality. It's my way. Smile
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh, of course. You underestimate me. Although I'm all Damon girl, I sure realize Stefan didn't mean anything bad. Katherine compelled him all the way through, he was shot and didn't want to die. Damon decided to let go and die, because he didn't want to live w/o the girl he loved, but well.... I'm sure (think Stefan even told it Damon) Stefan only didn't want to do that alone, didn't want to be out there on his own. Here, yea no doubt, i agree Stefan didn't mean anything bad by bringing that girl to Damon. He killed and lost father that night and last thing he would want is to watch Damon die, I imagine. Still yep, it was selfish decision and while I don't blame him at all, I could see why Damon chose him as a punching bag as you nicely said. I also agree that Stefan, yea, was partly guilty, but Damon simply chose to blame and hate him... The main problem here is his previou life, his humanity.
I actually can see why he's being so whiny about it. I'm here in this world only 20 years and when you overlook (which is still hard to do) two main points - watching people you love die and second you mentioned watching the world change. But it's not only that - they have practically no home. They can't stay at one place (as Stef mentioned in s1) longer than 4,5 years, because people can be suspicious about them still looking the same. No home, no permanent friends or lovers... I think this running and traveling can get pretty bad after let's say 100 years. Imagine that yea, they have no duties to do, no school, no work - basically nothing that bothers all of us so much. But what do u do whole days?! I know I'm biting myself when I have three months of holidays and at the end of 3rd month, I'm actually quite happy to go back to school and actually do something. If watching ppl u love die, changing world only to the worse and worse state is not enough, then this "having no roots" is strong point,imo. What's the point of life like this? I think, everything is quite meaningless after 200 years, imo... I know, it's hard to think about it like this, because yea, we in reality wish to never die, we're scared of dying and all that stuff, but then when I see all the violence, hate, pain etc etc. in the world, I'm not sure I'd want to be here stucked like a vampire. Maybe for awhile yes, but sooner or later, I know I'd get depressed. I understand Damon and him being shattered about not being human anymore. He seemed like such a sweet young man. He was naive, yes, and probably pictured family life with Katherina. He certainly didn't want this - eternity of despair and pain. Anyways, I see what you talking about and you have some good points there, I just think it's not that easy as it looks like. ghost
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Oooh, deeep! We should write a book on this subject! After we finish "Puppy Snaps" and the T.V.D. alien saga, of course. rofl

Just holding my place for now so I don't forget to mention this one important point regarding this conversation: humans (and, again, T.V.D. vampires ARE human, damn it! Just modified by a blood disease) are adaptable. It's why we've survived as a species all these thousands of years.

Also, they're not homeless. They're merely nomadic, and not permanently at that. As you've seen, the Salvatores returned to their ancestral home. They just have to take breaks from it once in a while. Also, traveling is awesome! It's amazing enough for a normal human, imagine being a human who basically never tires or gets uncomfortable and who doesn't get travel sore or suffer from jet lag?! And, in Damon's specific case, for all that he's full of suffering and angst he also, ironically, really does know how to embrace the great/fun stuff the world has to offer. The guy knows how to entertain himself and have fun. I bet he's been having a blast all around the world. Yes, one can have a great time while harboring misery. Although Damon's worked hard at having a mask, I've always felt his ability to grab life, such as it is, by the horns and have a blast is genuine. There's a definite duality to him. Yeah, he misses being "human" and has issues, but I think he truly does "like being a living . . . dead person" at the same time. He's complex, is our Damon! beating heart

Will probably have more to say later. If you want me to; man I've rambled like crazy over the last couple of days! Embarassed
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 pm

LOL. We're having so many projects on our minds. It's gonna make us veeery rich and famous Laughing

But what do you mean by they're adaptable? so what? It still doesn't mean that it's easy way of living. Maybe it's even harder than being normal human with all the urges. Plus, don't forget they mentioned that your previous behaviour is getting even more intense when you become a vampire. Stefan was hilarious when he said he always cared about ppl, so he now cares even much more. I find it quite ironic. I have a feeling we still don't know the whole story. We know Stefan has been through dark days, right?! I still have feeling he's trying to act like innocent sweet guy, lol while he's a beast just like Damon.... *ramb rambl ramb* Lol, it was a bit off topic. But what I was about to say is that Damon used to be this sweet maybe too naive young man, who probably pictured for himself perfect human life w/ a girl and family. Now, all he's got is trouble and pain No Razz So I think that altought they might be adaptable, it still doesn't mean he can't feel lost and really bad about living. Especially when everyone he loves seems to be leaving him behind. I mean, that must be the way he feels.

Back to the general dicussion of being vampire, yea I know what ya mean. I'd looove to travel around the world, but in one good movie there's such an awesome line "If you think about it, favorite memories, most important moments in your life, were you alone? No, I guess not.... Life’s better with company. Everybody needs a co-pilot." I can imagine enjoying traveling and all that stuff for awhile, but I guess I'd get tired of it. You'd just find out that it has no meaning, just on the road around the world. As long as we know, Damon was on his own - for the most of the time anyway, no friends, no family, nothing.... I wouldn't want to live life like that, not for eternity.
Plus they basically have no home. Living somewhere for four or five years isn't home. Time flies by too quickly. Then yea, they can come back to Mystic Falls like in what? once per 100 years so no one remembers them? Laughing
I agree that once his need to feed got under the control, he probably was having blast, enjoying college girls and stuff. It's such a Damon thing.... On the other hand, how I said it's probably getting old and when you love long enough, I imagine you're more and more depressed... After the last ep, I'm not even sure if he likes this life. Yea, it's not like he's gonna kill himself lol but it seems that deep inside he hates being vampire - i mean, assuming accordance with what we've seen and heard from him lately, during season 2. Another thing with Damon is that he's been falling in love w/ wrong girls. Poor boy just cannot fall for some1 who he can be with Sad ... and when he finally makes connection w/ Rose, she dies when it's him who was supposed target of the attack. Sad enough huh?! I guess, experiencing what Damon's been through, I wouldn't want to live with it for such a long time. He sure has fun occasionally, but often it was i believe only a mask, really.

*obssesed w/ ian/damon much??! I'm not Laughing *

All in all, I said it on Twitter, but again I don't think vamp life is that easy. Magical powers need to be controled, your hunger and thirst force you to kill (in better case rob the hospital blood bank) and you gotta be careful around ppl, because if any1 revealed your secret, it'd end in blood - yea, usually for them, but still. I guess my biggest problem is w/ living for eternity... I think I'd get tired of life.
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 am

First, I just went ahead & rewatched this and must say: DAMN, THIS SHOW IS SO FUCKING GREAT! The more I watch it, the sorrier I feel for people who didn't give it a chance and the more thankful I am that my sappy mom wanted to watch this while I was stuck there with nothing else to do but watch it with her! I LOVE THIS SHOW! They should make a movie from it (but "Supernatural's" movie should come first)! *SQUEAL!* I know what those who won't chance it think it is; it's too bad for them that they're so wrong! heart on the cloud love u beating heart

It, like most episodes, was even better on the second watch and I (if you tease me for this, so help me, I will hunt you down, lock you in a room and make you watch BW movies for 2 months straight! As for Calena, I will kidnap you and Jared and shave him bald while your eyes are taped open so you have to watch) cried even more this time. We've gone on so much about Ian, but, damn it, Lauren knocked it out of the paaaaark in this! UGH! She was fantastic! OUCH, my heart! crying

Also, did I mention how hilarious Caroline is? "Everyone should just stop kissing me!" (or however she said it) & Tyler just standing there, stunned. ROFL I love her so much! If they do kill her off, you did say you'll help me storm T.V.D. offices with the pitchforks and torches, right?

Why are werewolves coming to town?! Are they all wanting revenge for one of their own getting killed?! Some pack thing? WTF?! This is baaaad! But let me bravely do some plot prediction here: Tyler will come to his senses in the nick of time and save all the vampires' asses. He and Caroline will hook up at some point, but not a long time. This show surely won't be so cruel as to keep torturing poor, constantly-abandoned Matt. I watched Tylerine kiss tonight and just thought, "Nooo, fuck you, Tyler!" Yeah, that's a tad strong, but I just don't want this to be. Mattoline all the way!

Back to our deep, philosophical discussion. Actually, that's pretty much what adapting is--something that once was impossible or difficult to handle now becomes easy or at least manageable. A vampire can have centuries to adapt. Humans, in our brief lifetimes, manage to overcome incredible odds and adapt to things. Things as horrible as losing one's most beloved, losing limbs, losing homes, etc. If a regular human can adapt--with so little time to do it in--hell, yeah, any vamp worth his or her salt should be able to. That's not to say that everything is totally rainbows and lollipops, adopting puppies all around (HA! That's one thing I adore about Damon; he can be breaking your heart and cracking you up at the same time! These writers are GOOOD!). Of course, even with so much time and adaptation, there'd be pain and struggles at times. I'm just saying that, overall, they've got such major potential to have a cool life; a life more joyous and fun than sad and painful. Subjectivity comes into play, too. It's in the attitude. A vampire can choose (like some normal humans) to keep living in the past and dwelling on the heartache, or he/she can keep moving forward, looking at the super-brightside and realizing there's literally a world full of potential life partners and extremely dear friends--hell, even (adopted) children, if they wanted*--out there and that they're very lucky to have the luxury to have lifetimes to bond with all these people in & learn over the years more and more how not to harm and how best to help and love. I'm starting to sound like a hippie here, but too bad. Also, continuing on that track, vampires should realize their potential to help humanity and the earth and, like, make charity companies and stuff. Why, a relatively small group of vampires could've damned near solved all the world's greatest problems by now! But, noooo, apparently, they're too busy pining for lost loves for centuries, angsting and engaging in family drama. Silly vampires!

No meaning? Au contraire! See above! A vampire has the potential to mine LOADS more meaning out of life than we do! Loving a vast multitude of wonderful people and honing his/her ability to love and passing that on! I'll use a very simple, basic illustration. I don't know how many pets you've lost, but I've lost many over the years. It hurts like hell every time. I love animals more than most. They're not just replaceable cute things to me, they're my kids, pretty much. When they're gone, I grieve hard. But it doesn't in the least hamper my ability to move on and get a new pet and love it just as much, if not more. Also, thanks to past pets, I've honed my pet caretaking/loving skills; I'm a better pet owner. I can still remember almost every pet I've ever had and remember them fondly. Sometimes remembering them hurts, but the pain of losing them was worth the joy of having them and I keep right on getting them. Ugh! You made me talk about my dead pets and get misty eyed! Yes, it's YOUR fault! Wink

I know, pets aren't people, it's not an exact comparison, but I think the basic idea applies. If Damon's ever been alone or lonely, that's sad, but it was his own fault. Stefan, apparently, hasn't been. He went through a crazed phase, then sucked it up, got over it, and made the best of things. He's obviously bothered to make friends; I bet he's had girlfriends, too. He knows how to, overall, live in the moment and embrace whatever love and happiness it offers. Maybe if Damon would've leaned on his brother rather than blaming him, he could have used all those years he wasted torturing him learning from him & enjoying his companionship instead, making himself happy and his brother happier. So much wasted time; he hurt his brother, like he wanted, but the idiot hurt himself worse. Unless Stefan lied (& that's so not him), he's certainly wanted that and given Damon plenty of opportunity for it. (And, heartbreakingly, actually thought he might change every time. I can't forget the look on his face when Damon cruelly said all that stuff about letting go of the past and starting over, etc. as a cruel joke.) Stefan proves my point. A vampire can have a good life, if he wants it. (At least a T.V.D. vamp who has a sun ring. These vamps have it easier than any others I know of! They can even eat food, FFS! Psssh, the vamps in the Vampire Chronicles and in "Supernatural," etc. would laugh their asses off at the candy-assed angsting of these lucky vamps!) AIN'T THAT RIGHT, CALENA?! CALENA?! HELLO?! I'M AGREEING WITH YOOOOU!

* Hell, for that matter, the life of a T.V.D. vamp is so easy, I bet they'd have no trouble talking some dear people into becoming vampires with them! Voila, permanent family, no worries of being alone!

Last edited by ExtraCookie on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm

I have printed out this thread to read it comfortably in bed. Very Happy

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:10 pm

So while I have been bedridden *sob* *sob* No The Descent 68644 , you two have been real busy here! I like it when there's life on the board. I just wish I had a secretary who'd type my posts for me, while I continued to laze around in bed cyclops (I love all these random, unrelated smilies!) alien

I'm too lazy to quote you girls. So I hope you'll be able to figure out which statements of yours I'm referring to without me using the quote function. I trust in your intelligence! (So, now I've buttered you up, you can't accuse me of being lazy! relax )

"Stephen King Method"! I love that! Yes, it's sooo totally SK to make you love a character and then to kill them off. He very often does it with dogs! chairshot And VD totally channels that. Buuuhhh!! The Descent 584897 On the other hand it's bold and a refreshing change. I mean OTHER shows I could mention go to asthonishing length to bring their dead characters back, even sewing on people's cut off heads again! And this show I'm talking about doesn't take place in a supernatural setting/universe! The Descent 56438 (I don't think this is a rabbit OR a lama. But if held at gunpoint and forced to decide, I'd go for rabbit. Sorry, helps! crying )

Tylerine should come true. Nothing is permament in TV land, of course, but the should be a couple for half a season or so. So much drama potential there! Matt is sweet, but also boring.

Well, I AM happy that Damon is back to his gleefully evil ways. While I fully appreciate the "suffering on the inside, thus being a total jerk on the outside", it would have been interesting to have had a truly evil, yet so lovable character. Exactly as helps said, now we know he's good and hurting inside, imo there's a bit of charm and fun lost in the area of watching him being an asshole. I loved the insecurity of S1, when there was a true chance of him being genuinely evil. Now with everyone he kills, I'm always gonna think "but he's hurting inside"!

Oh, Friday Night Lights! Yes, it doesn't get more depressing than that show. It's completely non-supernatural, very well written, but I don't understand why not every single character commited suicide halfway through S1. Those characters NEVER get a break. It only gets worse, ALL the time.

I know have to wholeheartedly agree with Cookie agreeing with me! I'm soooooooooooo happy you finally saw the light! I could explode with joy.
Also:

[b][i]I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vampire vamp wild ride wild ride wild ride wild ride

There's one thing I disagree, being that it's bad to see the world change. One, that very thing is one of the reasons I'd love to be a vampire. Witness history in progress! Academically fascinating. After a few centuries you might even get good at predicting how things will go. Second, not all changes are bad. Like Cookie siad, humans are adapting. Can you imagine life without the internet now? But it has been 10 years at the most, since I've had internet. And unlimited broadband? 2 years, I think. Witnesssing all technological advances. Go to the moon in a tourist space shuttle. Endless possibilites!

Yeah, loosing loved ones would suck, but Cookie explained it very well with the beautiful pet analogy.

Also good point about vamps solving the problems of humankind. They should totally be able to, with so much time. Even when we allow that not all vamps are smart (some dumb humans were bound to get turned too, right?), the rest of them should be able to make brilliant inventions. But sadly they're preoccupied repeating high school over and over again! *snort* And those who don't are too busy whining about how hard they have it. pulling out hair pulling out hair pulling out hair

To answer helps' question about what would you do the whole day for 100s of years:
a) read books
b) watch movies
c) be online
d) travel the world
e) write books
f) play computer games
g) invent the warp engine
h) travel the galaxies
I wouldn't run out of ideas!

The book should be titeled: "How to not let depression spoil your enternity - the survival manual for the modern vampire" and I could help you write it! But you'd need to pay me properly!

If you'd ever lay hand on Jared's Hair, Cookie, I'd, ... I'd.... I can't think of anything suitable right now, but it'd be HORRIBLE!!!! pulling out hair pulling out hair devil on fire devil on fire explode explode

Also, about being lonely, that's because vamps are so reluctant to turn loved ones into vampires. If they did, they wouldn't be lonely. I see two reasons for this, esp. if it's about a GF/BF:
a) since they see being a vamp as a great burden rather than a gift and privilege, they don't want to impose this existence to their loved ones
and b) some of them might be commitment phobes and use that as an excuse when they're not sure they wanna be with a person for enternity witch bounce

Ah, you should watch Buffy, where you'd meet Spike, who is a vampire after my heart, who is actually aware how much fun it is to be a vamp! (Well ok, he revels in killing, but he's got the basic idea right and snuffs at existential vampire angst and depression)

Nuff said for now. sunny

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:13 pm

DAMN, THIS SHOW IS SO FUCKING GREAT

I'm happy you love it as much as I do! I'm SO loving it. It's an amazing show. I think I'm gonna rewatch it tonite, so I don't spend whole night crying because I can't watch new episode with you americans. Sad Very Happy
I would love to tease you Cookie and make fun of you for crying, but well.... I can't because I was crying all the way through the end of that episode. Dream scene and then Damon telling Elena he feels... and then Damon killing off that girl. Ian's acting was phenomenal very sad and yep, Lauren sure deserves some praising,too. She's been awesome,too.

I also don't see why all werevolwes are coming? Maybe because they consider Mystic Falls their home,too? It can't be only for Mason - if Jules called them to come only because of Mason, I'd be mad. It's poor writing. I don't want that. It'd be lame. But I'll wait and see... Matt meditating Still I hate that Jules chick. SHe's horrible! chairshot

Tylerine should come true. Nothing is permament in TV land, of course, but the should be a couple for half a season or so. So much drama potential there! Matt is sweet, but also boring.

I agree here! The Descent 56438 Tylerine would be fun to watch. Another cool couple w/ chemistry and fun stuff going on.

I loved the insecurity of S1, when there was a true chance of him being genuinely evil. Now with everyone he kills, I'm always gonna think "but he's hurting inside"!
Im with you here again. It was like he's killing people, I love him and I don't give a damn The Descent 56438 Laughing I thought, no matter what I will enjoy watching him and I did. Though, they made it obvious quite soon that he's not all evil.
BTW, this makes me think of Eric from TB - damn, no one warned me but Eric is such a GOOD guy. So nice. Hmm, I would never guess that when I started with TB. He's my second fave vamp,btw. Very Happy

Oh Friday night lights - I'm happy I didn't start watching that show then. I mean, I've heard how horribly sad is that and I thought wow, maybe it's deep and interesting show that I should wathc... But you saying you're surprised characters didnt commit suicide during s1, wow. That convinced me to never watch it. I'm depressed enough with SPN and TVD, no thank you.

LOL. Adapt.... Yeaaa, it's easy to say that. I accepted a lot =adapted, but the rage, sadness, fear it's still all there. Talking about TVD vamp life, no I insist it sucks. Yea, adapt theory is nice, you can move on, but at least I have problems with fogetting those horrible things that hurt me in life. I know, you can live in the present and try to ignore those bad things and try to enjoy the rest of the life... Problem is there is NO rest - it's eternity. I don't know girls. I think yea, I'd like to live like maybe longer than 70, 80 years yea, but eternity sounds really bad to me... How I mentioned being a vamp is not all that fun, I'm sure you'd agree on that with me after 200 years - oh wth!?! you would agree with me during first few days if you killed some1 because you couldn't control it....
You know what, I'd make such a sucky vampire. I just haaaaaaaaaaate the way this world is evolving, I hate all the violence, cruelty, that nature is slowly but surely devastated... I'm sure in 100 years, there will be no forests over here. SOrry for such a depressive rambling, lol. I blame watching news and Cold Case. Mad Very Happy I guess, I'm just not ready to be here and watch everything I liked or enjoyed disappear. Not to mention watch everyone die. I've lost grand-daddy 5 years ago and one single thought of him still brings tears into my eyes. Don't see any progress like they say "time heals". WOuldn't work for me. I'm more like Jeremy "why everyone has to die on me?! lol" that's more like me. So heeey I'm not really envious of Damon's eternity of misery, I bet my eternity would be pain in the ass,too. I mean, of course there are some awesome cool days. As a vamp, I'd totally do some badass stuff,too but nope, it's not something I really would want in real life. Smile Hope I'm not too boring or depressive. I'll try better next time. Wink

Also, about being lonely, that's because vamps are so reluctant to turn loved ones into vampires.
I think it's not that much decision that vampire makes. Yea, sometimes like in Stefan's case, they're probably reluctant, but I think that the main call is the human's one. It's his/ her decision.
Razz

loook, this is niceeeeee!

The Descent Tumblr_lfyvbmjuyr1qd5a1eo1_r1_500
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content