Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daddy Issues

3 posters

Go down

Daddy Issues Empty Daddy Issues

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 am

Wow! I'll probably polish this up after another viewing. This episode was so much fun! We got away from most of the emotional drama and had deliciously wicked, fun Damon, action and FIGHTING! WOO! Action-packed ep.! Random, disordered highlights:

Laughing Remember me joking on twitter that seemingly poor, homeless Alaric should move in with Jenna? Damned if it doesn't look like that's pretty much what he's done! Looks like he, Jenna and Elena are a happy little family right now! I suppose it's too much to hope to see Jeremy's reaction to one of his teacher's practically living with him. He's always liked Alaric and vice versa, but I still think it'd be weird for a kid to have one of his teachers dating his legal guardian and living with him! I hope he's cool with it, though, as I think the situation is adorable. I'm very much hoping Alaric gets some more focus this season. We need more background and some juicy story for him. Right now, he's mostly the quiet, soft-spoken mysterious guy who lurks around (mostly at the Mystic Grill. Alcoholic much?), makes calls and absorbs info from people's convos with a thoughtful expression. He's already proven to us with the whole Isobel/working with Damon stuff that he can deliver the drama, too. More Alaric (especially Dalaric), please!

Oooh, see? Tylerine's not looking too promising right now! I know, it could still happen, but *sing-song voice* I dooon't want it to! At least Ty wasn't involved with trapping Caroline like I thought he'd be; that would've suuuucked! I feel sorry for Ty. Poor kid. He doesn't know which end is up right now. He's got too much sudden info to process (part of that being that his uncle was murdered and the girl he's falling for was involved). I knew it could go either way with him in this ep., (either siding with his heretofore proven friends or turning to his (now) own kind) & they did a good job of keeping me guessing. Aw, Ty. Damn. But we don't know how much he's turning to them yet. Looks like he opened up a door to trouble by blabbing about the moonstone. I'm trying to keep reminding myself how good at getting through to people Stefan is and hope that, despite what it looks like, he did get through to Ty. Wouldn't it be something if Tyler's actually pretending to go along so he can get info? That's not what's happening, most likely, but that'd sure gain him a lot of cool points in my book if it were.

Ugh! Our vamps got roughed up! Poor Caroline, those assholes! At least Ty did release her. I was disappointed that they didn't let her get in a little ass-kicking too. Oh, well. helps, I must point out again something we've both noticed: Stefan is ADORABLE with her. I like their chemistry, it's ambiguous. I could easily believe it's brotherish, friendish, romantic or a friendish/romantic or friendish/brotherly combo. Actually, if the writers could find a very clever, cool way for these two to be together while Stelena are screwed up for the moment and Mattoline are screwed up for the moment, that'd probably be a lovely thing. But it'll also be lovely for him to keep being brotherly to her. Whatever the exact chemistry is, it's there, and I adore their scenes together. I always get the feeling that she makes him remember his vampiric beginnings and that, most likely, he's proud of the way she's handling it. Of course, I am a habitual over-thinker. What a Face Embarassed On that note, gotta hand it to the writers and to Candice for the fact that, to me, Caroline can make sparks of some sort with whatever guy the stick her in a scene with! So far, Caroline + any one could work! Lucky Candice, Caroline's gotten to make a connection with damned near every main guy in the show! Damon, Stefan, Matt and Ty! Who's next, Alaric?!

Every time I see Stefan doing his talking-things-out, peace ambassador thing, I love him more. He's a doll and I love his gentle nature and way with words. It's hard to remember, when seeing him like that, that he was a very scary creature once upon a time. *shudder* I wonder if they'll ever give us any more glimpses into that time.

Awwww, Stelena are so sweet I could puke. But it's adorable. Scoff if you will, Team Damoners (remember, I'm Team Salvatore, period. Just because I love Damon more doesn't mean I don't adore Stefan and appreciate what he brings to the show, too. Just like Dean and Sam), but if you tell me you wouldn't (at least in the long run) damned near kill for a guy that sweet, dependable, calm and who always puts YOU first, you're lying. It's dreamy, and you know it. That's why Elena loves him. Of course she's drawn to Damon because everyone is. I swear, I get the vibe of even his enemies not being able to resist liking him in some small way (kinda like Cas)! So funny! But, in the end, she knows which one makes his whole life about her and who is so extremely thoughtful that he even thinks of sweet little things to make her happy. His getting her to cheer up Caroline was so totally sweet; made me wanna hug the hell out of him! on the cloud Elena was clearly touched, too. Stefan Salvatore: The Vampire Who Was Made of Cotton Candy (With A Steel Core). Heh.

Have to go back to Damon. This ep. was pretty Damontastic. Unlike you girls, I enjoy his wickedness even more knowing what's really going on underneath. I get MORE of a kick out of it; it just makes everything so much juicier and more complex. I never liked having those times when I hated him. Being torn in two sucked! He was back to making me laugh again! Ian was doing a little too much owl-eyes in this one, but that's OK. Damon was so much fun! I loved his tub scene (not just because of the obvious reason). Once Damon starts opening up, he can't stop! I loved that he so casually blabbed that he kills people (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!affraid confused rofl ur awesome ) , then just as casually compelled her to chill out about it, then she hilariously went on to casually discuss the matter with him. Also, I'm very envious of her and want to be his distraction instead of her. I'm just sayin'. I'm just helpful like that. Twisted Evil I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED the scene where little Miss Elena tried her little "do it for sweet little ol' me" routine with Damon and he was like, "Girl, please!" rofl That was awesome! You tell her, Damon! I've gotta say, also, his little tub distraction had a point about being changed by love. (Ugh, Damon getting choked up when she said that. Ian will own my heart forever for all his attention to detail with Damon. No amount of depressing tortured/dead animal twits will ever change that!) She's smart, I hope he didn't kill her. I also hope he's gotten better at hiding bodies since Vicky so Jessica doesn't get discovered and cause more trouble for them.

Awwww, Mattoline! Damn! This show loves torturing Matt, doesn't it? You girls are shallow for being ready to dismiss the guy because he's "boring." (I know, judgmental, much? Please forgive and love me anyway, as I forgive & love you girls anyway even though you're so dismissive of dear Matt. tongue ) Dig deeper! A character can be a joy even if he doesn't have a lot of action going on. One of the very reasons I'm rooting for Mattoline is this very thing: she's a vamp, he's just a regular human. Hm, sound familiar?! It's a challenge! Tylerine is merely convenient. He's a monster, she's a monster. They understand each other. yawn I think if Mattoline happens, Matt will do what Caroline did and come from the background to the foreground, prove his own mettle and make us crazy about him like we are about her. At least, that's what should happen! Daddy Issues 805508 The groundwork for some good, dramatic character evolution is laid for him. Finding out his girl's a vamp? Finding out his sister was a vamp? Finding out his girl's friend, who happens to be a guy he knows & is her best friend's man's brother is the one who turned her, and that his girl's best friend's man then killed her after she tried to kill her brother? Heavy stuff, man! Drama! Matt can rise to the occasion, I know it. But tonight, it was heartbreaking seeing him be lied to and know it. Oops, Caroline. Will he give her anymore chances?! PLEASE YES!

Um, that werewolf boyfriend of Jules (that's her name, right?) was not hard to look at. Smile Needs longer hair, though. Ain't that right, Calena? Smile Ahh, I'm not a bad guesser, eh, helps? Looks like this is pretty much a pack thing, after all. I guess you're disappointed. As for me, I need more info to know if this is cool or not. There's obviously more going on we don't know yet. Hmmmm.

I guess it surprises no one that what was meant to be a brief, highlight review for later fleshing-out turned into a full sized, even-longer-than-usual post. blush Yes, even though it's nearly 1 AM and I have stuff to do before going to bed, then getting up earlier than usual and getting ready for a house inspection, I went ahead and did it. Once I start blabbing about something I'm passionate about, I can't seem to stop. Why can't I remember that? Leaving now. Hey, are you still reading this?!
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Daddy Issues Empty Re: Daddy Issues

Post  Calena Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Random thought about werewolf technicalities: The wolves have anger management issues, right? Is there a gender difference? Like female werewolves don't have them as much? Jules seems pretty composed, but maybe it comes with having been a triggered wolf for so long. Mason had the chilling down too, in the end.

Ohhhhhhh! From now on I ship Stefan - Tyler! Such a nice "I want to make things work"-scene. Cool
I still haven't given up on Tylerine. I know it was understandable that Caroline pushed him away and right into the paws of the pack, but I do hope he either is there undercover, as Cookie said, or will wisen up to who his real friends are, soon.
When they all had a headache I first thought "wow Bonny can target the headache now at multiple targets, while leaving others out?", but it turns out it was high-level warlock guy.
The futility of Mattoline was very well illustrated: "Oh honey, so sorry, I forgot our date, because I was busy buing tortured by a werewolf". Evil or Very Mad Nope. Not working.

Right now I don't have any sympathy for the werewolves. They are sulky, because they know vamps are sooooo much cooler! coffin

EVERYONE needs longer hair! witch cat purr

I liked the symmetry of the show starting with Damon naked in the shower and having him naked in the bathtub towards the end. Good thinking, show! drooling fight

Now I need to eat something. wild ride Not a banana, nor a cucumber, though fight

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:26 pm

I agree, this was another awesome episode, filled with action, friendship/daddy issues, vamp/werevolves fight. It was really fun to watch. cheers

Hahaha, homeless Alaric, I guess you have a point. Maybe he's sleeping at school and sometimes at Jenna. Talking about Gilbert family, I miss Jeremy. He's grown on me and I approve his relationship w/ Bonnie. Hope those kids will be happy together tongue

It was so sad to watch Caroline in this episode. Candice was awesome as usual. He's great, I'm happy show got her. I enjoy her the most (as for females). I have to say I expected Tyler to be fully taking part in hunt on vampires, so I was actually a bit relieved that he was simply confused and didn't know what side to take. Yea, after Caroline helping him on his first moon and being there for him, I know why she was upset that he would just watch them get killed, but he also released her from the cage... He just learnt that she knew his uncle was killed and there was other vampires,too. It was more of Jules influence than anything else. I think Caroline will chill out and forgive Tyler,after all he didn't know what was happening. She also was a bit guilty while lying, soooo.... I see there's still hope for them. She unintentionally made him to choose wolves, because he doesnt have anyone else out there. Now I honestly don't think he knows what's going on, I doubt he's covering... Though, I hope he will wisen up soon and won't stay with Jules (as much as I like Ian's idea for Tyler&Jules having husky babies ROFL ). Oh talking about Caroline, YES, her and Stefan are amazing and if I can imagine Stefan being fun, it'd have to be with her. They're so sweet and Stefan caring while Caroline being fun wild one ur awesome
I agree I'd like to have caring boyfriend like Stefan, but he's lacking one important thing for me - FUN. It doesn't have to be in Damon twisted way, LOL, but he's brooding too much. Do you know that song girls just wanna have fun? That's it. As much as I love him being calm, thoughtful, caring, embassador, Laughing I still am missing something. I guess if Damon/Stefan was one person, they'd be perfect. I'm still much more into Damon and I guess I wouldn't have hard time getting in the bath with him Laughing but that's something I can't influence. He's too charming, remember?! THough, having bf like Stefan is surely comfortable, makes you feel safe and warm..... Yep. I like that part of him.

Oh one note back on Caroline - why she can't just come up with some believable lie? I mean something like she's not feeling well or she's tired.. Something neutral. Her telling Matt she's with Bonnie. Awwwww, I don't enjoy Matt a lot, but he's such a poor boy. I have heart- him loosing Vicky, his mom being drunk all the time, Elena breaking up w/ him and Tyler also practically leaving him behind. He's got no one around him right now. Poor boy. I hope Caroline will show him that she still want him and he will understand... Sad

Uncle John - you sucky wuss. I don't know what to think. I hope he really is there to help Elena, but on the other hand, I don't know. He's not trustworthy character. Especially him getting Katherine out of the tomb is a bad news!

I totally knew Elijah was behind all werewolves falling down to the ground.... I realized it like during few seconds, because I have read it on Elijah's (actor who plays him) twitter that there'll be mayhem on TVD. So yea, I thought he's behind it.

DAMOOOOOOOOOON!!!! Why am I leaving him to the end?! He was amazing as usual. There could be more Damon scenes but well... I loooove this vamp of mine. He's got some attitude in this one, lol. Elena yea, I'm glad he told you that he's not gonna let you manipulate him. His talk with John and refusing news reporter and his I'm gonna kill Tyler
Laughing heart That's my boy!!! Am I the only one who thought it was hilarious?! During that fight scene, Damon seeing all the wolves around and he was like "okey, go boy" rofl The way Ian delivered that line was funny. Also their badass killing was amazing... shoot
Of course, my favorite part was once again Damon soul revealing to the news reporter. Don't worry, she's gonna be his new gf, hopefully for awhile. I'm glad that for a change he's gonna be with smart, witty adult. This should be fun.
Poor Damon puppy being all confused about his feelings and stuff.... I'm glad that he found someone he can talk to as much as it is twisted rofl I still don't want him to be alone and maybe more Damon naked hot scenes are coming, lol.
I think he really has become a better man. If it was in s1, he wouldn't give a shit about Rose dying, but now he's all gloomy and tortured about all that human stuff, Elena, loosing Rose... and all the stuff about Klaus, wanting to protect Elena. I think it's a lot on our Damon. I was smiling during the last scene, he's like lost puppy.... or like a kid in grown-up-man's body Daddy Issues 283147 and I love him for all he is. OH!!! I should be with him! I can appreciate all he is Daddy Issues 172736 Daddy Issues 918938 tight hug

Isn't this perfect way to start the episode? in love Daddy Issues 448577 shocked
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg3e8qAv141qedzelo1_500
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Awww.... some eye candy for you girls. To see how awesome this ep really was ... Ian rocks my world! XD Laughing worshiping happy-ish beating heart Daddy Issues 565603 heart on the cloud whistle

Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg32wsDI6A1qar6tno1_500

Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg36khMvWM1qfjm4mo1_500

CAROLINE: I’m not girly little Caroline anymore. I can handle myself.
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2oxnXUnA1qzsxkfo1_500

once again
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2p01PwH61qc5lm7o1_500

Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2pxkZkqp1qakrdzo1_500

sad sad sad
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2phaMovE1qcsno6o1_500

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2ny4GWBu1qaa163o1_500

and this is awwwwwwwwwwwwww,too
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg3lsmd38D1qbjrw4o1_500

am I horribly shallow? we watch for the plot, obviously haaaa haa.

Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2p9emLOD1qdz3mzo1_r1_500

Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2p6u1Hb41qealwto1_500

ooops what did they do to you?
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2p7cagkQ1qakrdzo1_500

muahahahaha
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg31aiiMxb1qdoecso1_500

awww. eye-sex XD
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2z2jiF5j1qaweqho1_500

Hope you like this pic recap... I'll get back w/ more gutter later Matt meditating love u high five
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Daddy Issues 565603 Those are NIIIIICE! Matt was looking extra good in this episode; nice GIF of him! Also, I didn't really notice exactly what Alaric and Elena's glance exchange meant when I watched. I was just thinking he was surprised/curious/confused, but no; that scene translated: "Elena, is it OK for me to go? Will you and Jenna be OK?" "Yeah, this sucks, but I think we're OK, go ahead." Aw. I love you

Uh, the one with Damon baring his teeth is funny after a couple cycles. Laughing The other ones are sexy!

Aw, Stefan & Caroline. Adorable.

I'll answer you ladies' posts later. Must go for now. No
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:46 pm

I hope you will live through inspection and will come back to share you deeper thoughts, lol.

here's another fun gift "why do you kill people?" "Eeehm... "
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg3py0xeAf1qfw4q0o1_500

aww... those two are cute,too
Daddy Issues Tumblr_lg2rein7Ej1qcsno6o1_500

helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:32 pm

This is freaking hilarious!
http://www.thomas-galvin.com/blog/?p=3132

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 pm

You know, I really loved the last episode, every bit of it.. It rocked. I would never mock it.... But this is so much fun haha Daddy Issues 918938

There were many hilarious notes, but i 100% agree w/ this bit:
Brady: Hi Caroline! I’m here to shoot you and anti-vampire pot you and poke you with a sharp stick! And since I’m not Damon, this torture isn’t awesome!

So agree. Torturing by Brady was boring and annoying for me. You know, I didn't even mention that guy in my review I think, but I hate this kind of stupid. (Damon is of course totally different level) Jules telling Brady "Let's be smart about this" and that idiot only replying it's their pack and loyalty and crap... He didn't have reason for such a torture, it seemed pointless and forced. Hope he will die soon and Jules,too. Haha, just had to point it out, since this torture really wasn't awesome Laughing Damon rules!
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum