Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title: Unforgiven

3 posters

Go down

Title:  Unforgiven Empty Title: Unforgiven

Post  ExtraCookie Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:04 am

Surprised Oh, this one was goood! Best ep. in a long time! We need more like this; this is such a throw-back to season 1. Gritty, gripping and with practically no humor, with what little there was interlaced expertly within the drama. Not that I don't laugh at the goofy humor, Dean & the stone, etc. but, as I've always said, it needs to be done much more sparingly and be better placed. I liked the stark, bleak feel of this one. I even enjoyed the black and white, which is quite unusual for me. It just felt right for the flashbacks.

Jared. Kicked. ASS!
ur awesome I was riveted almost from the beginning.

It was shocking to see Sam like that. I guess it shouldn't have been, since he tried to kill Bobby, but still, wow. Title:  Unforgiven 304412 Ouch. That poor sheriff's wife, holy shit! Horrible! If Meg told the truth, then Sam did pretty much what John did to Ellen's husband, only this is worse, because the poor Sheriff wasn't in on the plan. This episode made me really hope even more that Dean doesn't actually take Samuel out. It's clear in the flashbacks he's not some bad guy; he's just a guy that's let love and pain cloud his judgment, just like all 3 of our Winchesters have. Yes, he took it much too far (like all 3 Winchesters), but it wasn't for evil reasons. I'd rather see Dean catch up to him, nearly kill him, then realize at the last moment that it's just not right, that he's hurt enough, just like he, Sammy and John have.

Jared really did a terrific job! Wow! Maybe the best he's ever done! He was so fully Sammy, yet with the maturity he should have from the demon blood & apocalyptic events before hell. Seeing him with the old caring, compassion, gentleness and sense of responsibility was gripping and wonderful. Jared did a fantastic job of showing how deeply disturbed and shocked he was by his past actions. So sad! How I've missed Sammy Face! Know what I mean? With the sincere, up-turned eyebrows? Aw. That's my Sammy. I'm terrified of what he's about to go through, but I'm still glad he's back, and that's that.

I still don't understand why remembering his soulless year should trigger hell memories. Sorry to say, that's weak writing in my opinion. The writers needed some way to trigger the wall, and that's the best they could come up with. It doesn't work for me, but, given the big picture, I'm overlooking it.

Um, is there any good reason for Samuel and Sam to have left that poor policeman in the street?! He could've been run over! Really don't see why they didn't have Samuel at least haul him into his car or, at the very least, on to the roadside. Sheesh.

The monster, once again, didn't do much for me. Sadly, they seem to get worse and worse, but it really just didn't matter in this episode. It was all about Sammy and they did a perfect job of telling that story, with Jared doing a perfect job of portraying it. The episode was tense, my eyes were glued to the screen almost every second.

Jensen did a great job with Dean, too. He expressed Dean's concern for Sammy perfectly, no over- or under-doing it. Very sweet. I loved him so much in the scene toward the end, when he was trying to make Sammy feel better. I love you

Poor Sammy, remembering hell! Wow, the burning was worse than being stuck on Hell Raiser meat hooks! Bleh! This is not going to be pretty, y'all! I'd so love it if there was something Cas could do. It'd be lovely if he could have a similar connection to Sammy; if he could help him regarding hell the way he did Dean. He took Dean's soul from hell, maybe he can find a way to heal Sammy's hell damage somehow.

Speaking of Cas, they'd better have more of him and soon. They said we'd see him more in the second half, but he's been briefly in one episode since it's started back. Naughty show! Evil or Very Mad

Finally, an episode with the old magic, one to stand up to T.V.D. There haven't been many of those this season.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Title:  Unforgiven Empty Re: Title: Unforgiven

Post  helps Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Wow. This was a good episode. I can't say I loved it as much as Cookie, but it was fine and I enjoyed watching it.
I guess, I'll never be happy watching evil! Sam but it was interesting to watch what he was up to during the last year. I don't know how could I live knowing all those evil things I've done, but then.... yep, Sammy needs to be reminded it wasn't really him. That monster wasn't too cool, not very interesting, it sounded kinda unbelievable, but well....
I Agree with you COokie - at least we've got great background on Sam's last year and it was so hard to watch Sammy remembering. He couldn't really believe that he'd do something like that... it was hard for him. I'm happy Dean remained calm (more or less) and stayed there to back up Sam and help him find out what was going on.
It really wasn't very funny episode, this one was rather dark one, but I think it was time for something a bit darker. I actually enjoyed black/white effect, because it worked so well w/ those flashbacks.
The only problem I have w/ this episode - what was the point? What now when Sam remembers Hell? I don't want him to be all shattered like Dean, although yea, he has every right to be, but we've been there. I'm worried that writers might not come up with something original and interesting enough. I hope I'm wrong and at the end of the season, they'll take my breath away. BUT I really don't know if I'm liking this story at all.... So far we have second brother back from Hell (now remembering it) and mother of all?? I really try to come up w/ any ideas where this is going, but so far I couldn't think of anything 'good enough'... guess I'll have to wait and see. tongue
If I'm boring you, I don't intend to. I enjoyed it, I love my boys, it was interesting, but for me certainly not the best ep of this season. I think there were ones I loved way more.
About Castiel - I know, he's your favorite and you know,I'm always happy to watch Misha, but hate to say that - if I'm being realistic, I think writers don't have good role for him in this season. It seems they don't know where he could appear and they probably don't want to start w/ another storyline (Castiel cleaning up Heaven) when they're having hard time wrapping up brothers' adventures. So I think there won't be a lot of Castiel this season...
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Hm, I didn't love it THAT much, like helps, but I agree with Cookie that Jared did a great job.

Also, I didn't think the Wall would come crumbling this soon. They're really not dragging things out this season, probably b/c they don't know if they'll get picked up for another one.

Not sure about the storyline either.

Sorry for being so short, I MUST go study. And I must go iron clothes. And I should prepare some stuff for school, since it starts again tomorrow. Poor me!

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum