Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18)

3 posters

Go down

And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18) Empty And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18)

Post  helps Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi there....

I haven't been here for ages, I know. I'm so sorry. Today I finally found time to watch last three episodes. I'm happy to announce I really enjoyed all of them. I'm not gonna ramble too much, only pick up things I liked, but overall I have a good feeling about that.... I missed boy and Dean... oh and our old Sammy. That's how I love them heart

And there were none

It was interesting episode. I loved watching Boby and Rufus, experienced hunters and old friends. Grumpy Rufus and dry humor of Bobby = LOVE. Whole worm thing was kind of disgusting, but it wasn't boring and story was going smoothly. I'm sad that Rufus didn't make it, but .....
Whole episode seemed to be oriented on two things 1) FAMILY and what real family is and 2) FORGIVNESS. Both of those things really caught my interest and it was really nicely done.
Samuel mocking Bobby for trying to be father for boys while he was their grandfather... It was pointed out that family isn't always your blood, but family are people who are loyal and caring for you. Samuel was none of these things to boys and Dean always being "family type" wouldn't take long to kill his own grandfather, because the way in which he betrayed them proved that he's not real family for brothers. On the other hand, we know Bobby was always there, even when boys weren't too modest and wouln't fully appreciate all he's done for them, Bobby would always stand by their side and took them for his own. I really didn't like Samuel, so I didn't even mind when he was gone. fight
Forgiveness - First, I loved the way Bobby and Rufus were interacting, I loved how they have their history together and are old hunting buddies. It was sad to watch Bobby being clearly devastated about what happened in Omaha. I understand why Rufus would be upset if it was love of his life, but on the other hand after all those years, Bobby (maybe don't exactly deserve it) NEEDS his forgiveness to make a peace of mind. I was impressed by closing scene.Dean being so mature, realising that Sam and Bobby are all he's got and there's no time and even reason to be obsessed and mad about the past when life is really so short. I think it wasn't that important for Bobby, but Sammy needed to hear that. They're not usually too open about this kind of stuff, Dean tends to move on and keep it inside and doesn't reveal or comment on serious stuff... It was good that he openly admitted that what happened, happened and he forgives it all.... Now if he only managed to forgive himself,too, because it seems he tends to be harder on himself than anyone else. And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18) 172736

My heart will go on
First it was good to see Castiel and Balthazar again. Although Balthazar is a dick, he's awesome, lol. Can't help it, but he's not bad. Storyline was funny and bright, not very heavy episode.
I enjoyed Dean/Sam/Castiel interactions. How awesome is that Castiel is willing to sink Titanic only for Sammy and Dean? And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18) 53364 And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18) 918938
Though, most of all, I was happy (at first confused) to see Ellen back. Ohmy, Bobby and Ellen being merried. I know that Bobby needs someone,too. It was so nice to see that he had someone who cared for him. Also Jo being alive... Ellen calling boys, checking out on them... Awww. This also felt like our old SPN and I love these moments. The fate thing etc. was quite fun to watch, especially boys trying to not get hurt, Sam girl-ish run... hahaha.
Overall, very good episode. Another emotional ending when Dean covered Bobby with a blanket. I'm getting old, but these little things bring tears into my eyes.

Frontierland

OMG!!!
I've read that Sera Gamble said about this episode that it's kind of "love letter" to the fans. Dammit, it really worked out. It was so beautiful. Whole western thing was awesome. I was actually sorry for Phoenix, because he didn't do anything bad, only killed the ones who killed his love, but... Seeing Samuel Colt and the stuff around. Really awesome stuff! I think what I loved the most was again little moments between brothers ... Dean was SO excited when he could go back into those times. Like little boy playing with train. Dean smiling and making jokes, Sammy givin' him "strict" looks like he does that. Matt meditating The mission was completed, they got the ash of Phoenix, they had a great travelling back in time. I was worried about Cas and Bobby (how sweet he is that w/o blink, he would risk anything for boys ) but it worked out okey..
Really really nice episode. Dean being sheriff and enjoying so much all that made me so cheerful and happy for him. It's rare to see him like this and I needed that. love u tight hug
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18) Empty Re: And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18)

Post  Calena Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm gonna shock you, and actually reply here! But only a short one.

I basically agree with you, helps. When watching My Heart Will Go On, I was like WTH, even before Ellen showed up. It didn't occur to me at that point that it was an alt-universe thing, b/c I don't remember well what happens in previous eps (college totally screwed with my memory) and I thought maybe I just missed an ep. But once it was established it was an alt-universe thing I just LOVED this ep.
Balthazar is so awesome. Very Happy I love you And the show is awesome because they came up with this ep/elaborate story JUST to bash this god-awful, torturous song! This is SPN at its best!
Also I find it a nice change that Cas is the one shading greay - if you know what I mean - now, instead of Sam. However, I haven't forgotten that there is a wall in his brain and things are gonna get ugly when it comes down, and come down it surley will.

I now want a season 7, too! Don't we know anything on that yet?

Frontierland was very good, too. I loved the Western parts, and I liked the Cas parts. I thought Rachel was his girlfriend though, when she showed up telling the brothers off for using him, and they needed to be told that.
One thing, like it did helps, disturbed me: that they killed the Phoenix without any consideration if that was the right thing to do. Obviously he was one of the monster guys who blended in and didn't harm anyone. So just killing him was very questionable.

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18) Empty Re: And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18)

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Howdy, stranger! welcome Great to see you!

I'm glad you've finally caught up. "And Then There Were None" was nice. The monster wasn't all that interesting (sadly, most aren't these days, in my opinion. That's why, unlike a lot of people, apparently, I love the angel storyline. That IS interesting and fresh. Many seem to feel it distracts from the guys' story or whatever and I just don't see it that way at all. It all ties in with them, they're a part of it. We'll see just how much soon, I'm sure. The writers have lost a lot of creativity (and budget, it looks like) with their monsters. So, bring on a bigger story, heaven and Earth in the balance, any time, I love it! I think there's a wealth of material there), but the story was solid. I hate that Rufus is dead, I'll miss him. He's not a character I immediately took to, but, I think by his second appearance, I really liked the dude. Poor Bobby! They put our guys through so much! As to Dean's graveside speech, I sure hope he remembers that when he finds out what Cas has been up to.

I was quite pleased with "My Heart Will Go On," except the part where they actually played the song; it was torture and it stuck in my head for days! Mad I liked it better, overall, than "Frontierland." Balthazar is cool and it looks like he's finally decided to get off the fence and help Cas's cause. Yay! I bet he'll never be a good little soldier like Cas was and will always be a wild card, which is cool! There's a small storyline problem with him, though. If Balthazar has this smart-assed, joking personality and is Cas's old friend, why is Cas someone who tends not to get jokes? For that matter, Uriel was a joking kind of angel, and Cas said they'd spent a lot of time together. *Shrug* I'll just fix that for myself in my head. Bobby and Ellen had amazing chemistry and it was heartbreaking that he had to "lose" her. That was just so depressing. sad BTW, Dean should know that the butterfly effect was a term coined before the movie. Also, BTW, I liked that movie & own it. So there. So, a real gold thread makes gold marks on pottery. This ep. was educational. I really didn't see Cas as having been the one to order the unsinking of the ship coming; that really surprised me! I can't get over what a shitty liar Cas is, bless his sweet heart. I theorize that this is key to what's coming up. I suspect that Bobby and/or the Winchesters already suspect him of doing something shady and may have for a while now. If the audience can tell he's a super shitty liar, don't you think those closest to him should be able to tell too? Yep. I'm sure this soul fuel business is ugly and will be a huge test for TFW. And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18) 53364 I think they're paralleling Cas's situation with Sammy's. However, I hope that, unlike Sammy, Cas ultimately turns out to be right in what he's doing, because I don't need the same story told twice. Also, Cas is an angel. He should be infinitely wiser than Sammy. Apply these thoughts about Cas to my "Frontierland" review. Anyway, it was lovely to see Cas willing to undo a strategy that may've saved heaven and Earth all for our guys. Awww.

As for "Frontierland," it didn't thrill me like it seems to have most people. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't all that. I'm not a huge fan of westerns, firstly, so seeing the guys in western gear didn't give me thrills of ecstasy like it did so many. I also hate that western movie music and the ep. utilized it far too much, giving the ep. this goofy feeling that annoyed me. I'm just not a fan of over-the-top goofiness/campiness/whateverness. Dean was so hammy and jokey, it was rather irritating at times. However, it was otherwise nice. I also felt damned bad for the Phoenix and damned puzzled at Dean's lack of sympathy. I can let it go because the guy did kill those people and two (or 3) wrongs don't make a right. It'd have been nice if Dean'd actually said that, though, instead of making it clear he was killing him because he was a monster. Thought they got over that monster prejudice way back in "Blood Lust." Honestly, these stories of people/monsters who were good until something shitty happened to them so now they think it's OK to kill people are trite. It's also a tad unbelievable that Dean has quickdraw skills. He, I'm most sure, didn't train with an old-fashioned gun like the Colt and, in his line of "work," I doubt quickdraw skills are that important, as monsters don't tend to have shoot-outs, but that's just a nitpick. Sammy's parts were better. No goofiness, got to watch him do his people-skills thing and meet Sam Colt, who was very cool! I was far more interested in Cas's scenes in this one. Rachel had it right; the guys have been using Cas as their slave this season--a slave they rarely seem very grateful for, at that. She seemed smart and cool and I'm sure was there to illustrate just how awful whatever Cas is doing is. And There were none, My heart will go on, Frontierland (6.16, 6.17, 6.18) 53364 Cas is obviously torn up about the position he's in; I'm so nervous about all of this! I'd sure love to see more Cas and Bobby moments. Ya know, Bobby's around almost every bit as much as Cas. I hope they're not paying Jim too much less than they're paying Misha, really.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum