Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Day

2 posters

Go down

The Last Day Empty The Last Day

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:12 am

Holy cow, JENNA?! Didn't see that coming at ALL! Poor Alaric! Is his every love destined to be turned into a vampiress? Hm. Guess he'd better learn to like dating vampires or become one himself.Wink Bad-assed Jenna, aiming a crossbow at Alaric! Where'd she get that thing?! I'm happy she didn't stay mad at the poor guy, that would've been lame. They were sweet together in the hallway. Aw.

Damaric (I call whoever whatever I want) is so much fun! Why such small doses?! I'd rather have seen more of them than some of those soap opera moments with Stelena. The parting was nice, though. Stefan's expression was hearbreaking. I wish, however, that'd he'd had a sneaky plan. (I know you don't like Matt, Calena, but, come on, Alaric's cool!)

I'm so proud of Matt!bounce I was so bitter about Mattoline that I didn't see that coming at all! I know, they'll probably still have Tylerine happen, (I saw less chemistry between them this time & it didn't make sense that she was being so lovey-dovey; they didn't have any great romance, ya know? Just a few caring moments) but I'm at least thrilled that they're not ending things on a bitter note with Matt. I'm so glad that boy woke up and smelled the perky, fashion-conscious, good-hearted blood! How very sad that Caroline's own mom isn't able to; Matt's instincts about Care are better than her own mom's. I'll be very sad if they kill Matt, however, I think I'd rather they did than to keep him around only to constantly be heartbroken and traumatized. Ooh. I don't know about Matt, but I just got the feeling Sheriff Forbes may have to go. I liked her! (I don't even hate her now; I know where here distrust and fear are coming from. She was raised to think nothing but bad of vamps & that's all she's known/thought her whole life. Not really her fault. However, she should try to look deeper for her daughter. Maybe she'll realize the truth right before she croaks.)

I don't know what'll happen to Damon, but he'll be with the show as long as there is a show, naturally. Clearly, there IS a cure for a werewolf bite! They know the show'd be over if he (or Stefan) were gone. I figured he'd been bitten, so I wasn't that surprised at the "revelation." As to Elena, I see his side of things and am proud of him for being a take-action guy, however, I'm very much all about individual rights. I'll never think it's OK for anyone to take away the rights of any able-minded adult to make her own decisions. Elena will forgive, him, though, of course (as she well should. He was wrong, but he meant well). It'll be OK. Seriously. Polyamory. I mean it. Multiple problems solved. Maybe Damon would even calm down and stop being abusive and bossy to women.

BTW, Damon voiced my same thought a minute or less after I voiced it: the non-expiring elixer thing. Crazy minds think alike! Odd thing to mention: I thought Elijah seemed cutely trusting and child-like to seem to just think "Yeah, this hundreds-year-old potion is gonna work fine!" It was cool that he admitted later that, eeehh, it miiight not work after all. I like Elijah. A lot. Hmmm, what if he sticks around and takes Damon under his wing and schools him on how to be a better vampire? (You know, one who doesn't abuse women & throw childish, brother-stabbing tantrums.) That'd work for me. Also, um, I rather like Klaus. I didn't want to, but he's cool. I was surprised he let Stelana have their long, sappy goodbye. It's like he's so cool, he has plenty of time.

Alaric was sweet immediately acting like Dr. Vampire Medicine Woman for Stefan. Stefan would've healed fine, eventually, without any assistance, but Alaric (& Jenna, yay her!) jumped in to help it go faster and even had the balls to actually touch Damon & try to nudge him away while he was that charged up. The fact that Damon didn't jump up and rip his throat out is further proof of their lovely friendship. Hearts and flowers all around! Alaric was cute keeping his hands in the air as though the cops had told him to "KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!" Hee hee!

Elena a vampire? So soon? I doubt it. She eventually must be, though, right?

This show is fuuuun! If they'd lay off the soap-opera stuff, it'd be even better. I realize it's difficult to find the right balance, however. No hating here.

Last edited by ExtraCookie on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cuz it looked like I was drunk when I posted it)
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

The Last Day Empty Re: The Last Day

Post  helps Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Wow. Everything I was afraid would happen really happened. (also some spoilers i've read rlly happened to be truth) and some shockers,too.

It was good episode, but .... I'm not sure if I like where this is going.
SPOILER
Spoiler:

First of all, I don't believe Elijah. Here Damon has a point. If Elijah is such a man of honor, would he ever try to kill his own brother? Really? I mean, even if Klaus was a hybrid, he'd be his brother anyway. The second point is - even if Elijah wanted to kill Klaus, they'd have to kill Elena first. Too bad. No one can be so naive to believe in the magical power of some water that would bring Elena back to the life. NOW that's probably the main point, because Elena is all ready to die, Stefan is not that much ready, but he accepted her decision and Damon, on the other hand isn't willing to accept anything that would leave any chance for Elena's death. For my tastes, both Salvatores are extreme - Stefan is imo way too calm, even unrealistically. I mean, when you're in love, it's common that you loose your head and can't be very rational about that. That's just the way it is. Stefan being so calm and maybe way too passive. Damon, on the other hand, being very impulsive and not having trust in anyone else, took the matter into his own hand and turned Elena. *sigh* I don't know what to say about that. JUST WRONG! and SELFISH! I don't hate him or anything, it rlly surprised me, but it's not like I believe she's gonna be a vampire this time, SO... (i admit i take it a bit lightely than i probably should) but from this critical POV, he really made this decision for her. At first, I was like WTF? is she a robot or something? She didn't react the way, I'd imagine, but then... What she told Stefan about picturing her future, making her choices about children etc. It shoke my already broken heart a bit. Poor girl, though. I guess, Damon loosing Katherine over and over again made him even more dependant on Elena, he's too hung up, it seems that he simply couldnt let her die and would do anything to stop all that mess. Now even when she's gonna hate him for it. It's so wrong, selfish, twisted.... he did it for himself, but then he also loves her so much that he'd probably really do anything - spooky!

Next, I loved Dalaric, - i'd love to see more of them just like you, but it seems we have to do with this little. I'm also happy that Jenna and Alaric are alright and she forgave him, but wow, now when she's a vampire... SCAAAARY! I'm sure ALaric won't be too fancy about that, Lol. Then Tyler Caroline = sweet reunion, Matt= good boy for trying to save Caroline... I'm very very afraid of sheriff Forbes - I think I've read she's gonna mess things up. It'd be a pity, I like her, but she obviously needs to spend some time in Salvatore basement again.

What I didn't comment on? Klaus ... well, he's a big child,too. He can die, he lived long enough. All this crap about the curse. He lived long life, so what now. But i guess he wants to rule them all The Last Day 53364 rofl It's just - I don't find him all that charming at all. I was even a bit sorry for Katherine, LOL.

Enough rambling.... I probably forgot to comment on something, but well...
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Uuugh, in case you didn't get the twit, I was talking about Elijah in a couple of places that I said "Klaus." Ummm, posting at zompire hours isn't always such a great idea! Yikes! Embarassed I really like Elijah! Klaus I think is a cool bad guy; nothing wrong with that, in my book. ??? Are you serious? Elijah needs to kill his brother so that he doesn't wolf out and subdue the entire world (this means killing loads and loads of people, both vampiric and non-vampiric alike)! Brother or not, you can't allow someone so incredibly evil to live! They aren't Dean and Sam, where Sam's a good person doing bad things for an ultimate good end! Klaus wants to make a werevampocalypse! If Hitler's brother (if he had one; I don't know about Hitler's family) would've been a good guy & had the opportunity to take him out, don't you think he should've?! What Klaus wants is worse than what Hitler wanted!

Why don't you trust Elijah? They showed us his story in flashbacks and, so far, flashbacks on this show have been truths, not deceptions. They're honest depictions of the character's memories. Clearly, he didn't want Katherine to die (and he FEELS), so I'm sure the elixir was legit. Whether or not it would still work is another matter, and he even admitted it himself. Directly to Elena. If it worked, NO, Elena would NOT have to die. At least it offered her a chance to live as a regular human. If she'd preferred being a vampire to dying, she'd have said so herself! The point here isn't whether or not the elixir would work, it's whether or not Elena would rather live as a vampire (she wouldn't, she said so herself) or die, and that it's HER decision to make. I'll type "HER" over and over, if need be. Yes, Damon "loves" her, but his idea of love is more like possession. He treats Elena like a child or pet; someone incapable of making her own decisions or, worse, someone whose decisions don't matter to him as much as his own. His idea of love is wrong. There are loads of real-life people who do terrible things in the name of what they claim is love, but they don't know what love is, either. At its very core, love is always choosing what's best for the person you claim to love (which at ITS very core is, of course, selfish as well, but never mind that for now). What's best is NOT stealing their right to make major personal life decisions. Period. It doesn't matter if you agree with them or not. It doesn't matter if you can't stand what their decision will do to you or not. What matters is that it is THEIR life, THEIR decision. You know I adore Damon. You know I understand he's broken and that I have a ton of sympathy for that, but sympathy doesn't excuse being an asshole. I have great sympathy for children who are abused, too, but if they grow into adults who abuse their own children, I don't let their abuse EXCUSE the abuse they inflict upon their kids. See?

I'm not thrilled with that spoiler scenario, either. Unless enough time plays out for the two to reach an understanding. However, the idea of Stefan slaving away to find a cure for his brother and coming home to find him having taken up with his woman is horrible; how can the writers expect us to forgive them for that? Won't they have to actually make Stefan do something awful so we can? So, what, it's going to be Stefan against Delena? Or Stefan's somehow supposed to be OK with Delena?! What sense does any of that make? Also, I'm confused. The bite killed Rose in what, 2 days? How does Stefan have so much time to find a cure? Because Ty wasn't fully turned? Ty should go with Stefan to help, since he's the one who bit him! Oh, well. The writers have done a great job so far, I'll just roll with it and see how it goes.

Did you catch the super cool thing Damon said after he fed Elena blood (that was a poorly thought-out scene, by the way. It didn't go on long enough to explain why Elena didn't just refuse to swallow. She didn't have to. He wasn't blocking her nose or in any other way doing something that would force her to swallow. Dumb, unless just absorbing some is good enough)? The thing about getting over it eventually, "I did?" Aww, the guy just accidentally confessed he'd gotten over the pain his brother caused him. That was cool!
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum