Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.03 Bad Moon Rising

2 posters

Go down

2.03 Bad Moon Rising Empty 2.03 Bad Moon Rising

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:36 am

W.T.F.?! I love this show! I don't know if you get it, but it really feels weird (kind of embarrassing) to admit it; I SO thought I wouldn't even be able to bear this show for 5 mins., let alone fall in love with it! I think every episode is literally better than the last! This episode was VERY cool! I was very happy to see Alaric, of course, but I have to admit his stuff wasn't the best (but it was good, it was all good! Also, why'd they edit out the sound of him saying "Leave her alone?"). I did melt when he finally kissed Jenna, YES! They did a good job of making me worry he was gonna have a fling with the hot college chick, but he didn't even seem to hesitate. That trip was just what he needed to put Isobel behind him and zoom straight to Jenna's arms. That kiss was awwww! heart

Probably the most awesome star of the episode was--get ready for it-- Caroline! Even though it's embarrassing to admit, I fuckin' teared up when she took that mature step and MADE MATT BREAK UP WITH HER! sad I REALLY didn't expect it! (I DID expect her to chomp on him in the woods, though, & I hated it; I just kept waiting for it to happen, & saying, "don't you hurt him!" lol) When we met her, would you have ever imagined her doing something so good and mature? I LOVE her this season! She definitely proved that, underneath all that neurotic shallowness, there's a good, smart person. Damn it, I hope she and Matt can get back together though. Remember, I think they're adorable together. This kind of leads me to . . .

Stefan. Another episode in which he was so fantastic. He keeps melting me with the way he takes care of Caroline. That guy knows how to handle people (& vampires & probably any other living creature. The forest creatures probably jump into his lap and intentionally expose their furry necks, begging him to drink) and it's awesome! Admit it: if you were going through a HORRIBLE time, you'd want a Stefan there for you! His being so mature with the Elena/Damon situation? Cool! I loved their little "But you hate it, though." "I hate it." moment. D'aw! Shallow note: there was a point in that scene where Stefan tilted his head towards Elena a certain way and had a certain expression and he looked gorgeous! drooling Iiiii . . . am gonna need to screen cap it. *Ahem* Anyway, I kind of didn't like his extolling his own virtues; I generally hate that. However, I can kind of understand. He's very honest & was just calling it as he sees it. It's not like he said he's some perfect, awesome person, so, I'll let it slide. I'll say it may be OK for hot vampires who have actually proven these virtues, but it's not OK for real people. His and Caroline's flirty-ness was adorable.

Damon and Elena's manipulating each other/snarky banter was SO fun! It was sad and funny at the same time; bittersweet. I definitely am sort of on the fence about it. helps, I know you'll almost definitely take Damon's side ONLY, but, damn it, I can't. I adore him (duh!) and HATED seeing her hurt him, but I get it. He. Killed. Her. Brother. I LOVED that he admitted that he hadn't seen the ring and, as soon as she asked him for the truth, I knew that was it. Damn, it Damon! Did you notice him being just as vulnerable with her when he admitted the truth and apologized as he was with Katherine when he asked for her truth? Shit, that kills me! Ian should never have worried, he portrays this shocking side of Damon astoundingly well! However, I'm able to step outside my fierce Damon attraction and see things through her eyes and I can't blame her. I can blame her, however, for how she handled it. Rubbing salt on the wound isn't necessary. I do get that, with Damon, one must be crystal clear. (I have such mixed feelings about her and Stefan locking lips in front of him. On one hand, as I said, Damon needs crystal clear clarity. On the other, OUCH, that was a bit much. Perhaps the compromise of a sweet, to-the-point, yet brief kiss would've sufficed, yeah?) However, with her, I think he's extra perceptive enough that she didn't have to be so bitchy about it. I feel bad for both of them. Obviously, she's such an idiot. Pfft. No one can stay mad at Damon; it's simply not possible. Oh, well. Let her fume & pout for a while and let Damon do some self-examination and anger/psychotic tendencies management for a while. Will do them both some good.

YES! T.V.D. does werewolves correctly too! Woo! Very cool! SHALLOW ALERT: Um, Mason? Naked? HELL YES! Can't some mystical, magical thing happen that makes the moon full in Mystic Falls every night?! Yeah, that guy's definitely easy on the eyes. Also, he's apparently a good guy, so this is very interesting. Even though it's pretty clear Caroline's a keeper character, I did have a fearful moment when I thought WolfMason was about to kill her! Exciting! How very interesting that Tyler was able to stop him. Hmm. Anyway, I smell a future uneasy trying-to-avoid conflict between vamps & werewolves ahead! Oh, joy! And I'm just stopping to realize there's a TV show that's going to allow me to see vampires and werewolves every week. Excellent! Oh, wolf looked pretty good, too. Not quite as realistic as "True Blood's," but good enough. Um, it was, like, 1,000 times better than "Supernatural's!" I'll always be crushed that my fave show missed the mark on werewolves.

Usually, I bitch about the music, but I really enjoyed the soundtrack and the placement of the songs in this episode. Good stuff! It especially enhanced the very cool scenes of Caroline & Matt's break-up sliding right into Jenna and Alaric's (how I hate everyone calling him "Ric!" Ugh!) kiss! I was tearing up from the sadness of the break-up, then stayed teared-up for the sweetness of the kiss. Way to play with our emotions, T.V.D.! In case I haven't mentioned this, like, 50 times, seriously, I'm not one to get misty-eyed at movies or--especially--TV shows, really! Hm. On a personal note, I did just have a death in the family (no one close, but still . . .), so that may've been a factor. But still, good stuff!

Sssss, oh, no, Katherine! Leave Caroline alone, you psycho bitch! 2.03 Bad Moon Rising 53364

P.S. I even got a bit of a laugh out of Bonnie bitchily throwing open those curtains & Caroline freaking. Ah, Bonnie's one full-of-herself witch, and, in that scene, it was fun. Very Happy
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

2.03 Bad Moon Rising Empty Re: 2.03 Bad Moon Rising

Post  helps Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 pm

I know right?! this show is getting more and more awesome.. At first it was only Damon for me, but Hell Stef, Caroline, Ric.. They're all very cool. I'm happy the show isn't too teenageous and too cheap.
I really liked this episode. Only thing that disappointed me a little was werewolf thing. Wolf was kinda good, but I expected a little more drama, lol. It was only short scene and wolf left Caroline alone after Tylor screamed, soo... Too easy, but well.
It was great to see Damon, Ric and Elena dig together. I enjoyed their lines etc. Thx God Alaric didn't want that chick over at Duke. Ric and Jenna are too sweet. THey should get their place in the story.
Stefan and Caroline. Ohmy. THey're so cool. I couldn't imagine that, but god Stefan could be even her bf. I liked how Caroline told him he's too serious Laughing Their conversation and Stefan smiling. Oh, had me melting. Too bad Caroline broke up with Matt. Of course, he would eventually find out and he would also be in danger if she brought him into this vamp world, but still.... they were great like a couple. Sad I guess, it's for greater good and it was so mature of her. I would never guess she can be so smart, nice, mature.... Now she's on her own. Poor Caroline. Katherine ruined her life.

I wish you would give me more credit Cookie. You don't think too high of me, when it comes to him. Girl, yea I guess you can tell I'm on Damon's side. I've been there since the beginning, but there's always part of me seeking for reasons that lead to certain behavior. So for Elena - imo, she's stupid and it wasn't nice of her to be like that to Damon, but then of course I'd be hateful if he tried to kill my brother. Only problem I have with this is that she needs him. All of them need him. He's stronger than Stefan and knows Katherine well. Stef chose to not feen on people, but it makes him weak. Elena wants more than anything to be safe. Safety for her and her family, but she needs Damon to have that. Of course, Stef can try and protect her, but without Damon by their side, they're doomed. I didn't want her to be all "That's ok, nothing happened, Jer survived" Of course, she's mad, but it's not a good time to take her anger out on Damon. He's not stable and he's broken-hearted and they could easily have two vamp psychopats running around the town instead of one. She should have known better. I mean, if she at least said something uncertain but telling him there's no hope at all for them again,... it was cruel. He tried to be honest and once again he got kicked for that. Also he saved her from the arrow. So all in all, I understand her, really. But she could have been a little bit easier on him. I'm sorry, but it seems like everyone is pushing him away. Vamps feel everything thousand times more intensively so what do they want from him hmmm?! He needs someone who's gonna stand by him,too. 2.03 Bad Moon Rising 172736 sad I'm sorry I always end up advocating Damon, lol. It's a disease 2.03 Bad Moon Rising 918938 Some people love aliens, some Damon Salvatore. All we know is we cannot help it damon smirk
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:52 pm

I wish you would give me more credit Cookie. You don't think too high of me, when it comes to him. Girl, yea I guess you can tell I'm on Damon's side. I've been there since the beginning,

Hello?! Exactly! No matter what Damon does, he's always in the right to you! I can't think of a time other than his treating Caroline like shit that you've not OKd what he does somehow. Come on, now, you know how you are with him! But I'm glad to see you can at least somewhat see Elena's point of view. Again, it's not like I'm on her side; I'm on the fence. I feel like they both screwed up. Elena has every right to think he's horrible & not feel like being friends with him. I just don't think she had the right to be so mean about it. She DOES know he's been through a lot of heartache--especially lately--part of which SHE caused and that he's not a mentally stable guy, so I think she should've managed being direct without bashing him over the head with it. To sum, I sympathize & agree with her feelings, but not the way she handled them. A hurt Damon face is not a pretty sight. That desperate look in his eyes right before she answered the friendship question was also very ouchie. Sad

Speaking of Damon's expressions, I love that we got loads of his "Hm, I'm carefully considering what I was just told" Damon frowns in this ep. I love those!

Stefan and Caroline? Yeah, I had that thought, too. Maybe they can hook up while Delana is going on. What a Face Ha, her telling him he basically has 1 or 2 expressions was hilarious! Stefan is definitely one of those characters that I love to see smile because they're usually so serious. Also, he has a lovely smile. Obviously, Damon is my fave, but, damn it, I adore Stefan too. More all the time. I'm very happy this has happened. Last season, I liked him fine, but I didn't really care if he was around or not. This season, I love him! This season Stefan really highlights how shocking vamp-blooded Stefan was last season! Stefan's rock-steady and sweet and, seemingly, fearless. That's hot. Admit it. Last season, I pretty much constantly thought, "I don't understand why Elena would choose Stefan over Damon!" This season, I understand and it makes things much more interesting!

Have you stopped to realize how strong our Caroline actually is? She did what Stefan couldn't do, and he's had all these years of being a vampire to get strong enough! She managed to cut loose the one person she most didn't want to ever hurt. Stefan didn't. And he was amazing for outright admitting that. That's another thing I adore about Stefan; he's honest & tells it like it is, no bullshit or beating around the bush. That's hot. (Yes, I'm in the mood to sound like Paris Hilton right now, I guess. And?!)

It's true. Damon's like a drug. *Ahem* SOME of us *coughhelpscough* have a more serious addiction than others.

Razz
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Hello?! Exactly! No matter what Damon does, he's always in the right to you! I can't think of a time other than his treating Caroline like shit that you've not OKd what he does somehow. Come on, now, you know how you are with him!

Hey now. I might love him more than other characters, but I always look at things from different POVs. I see reasons behind Damon's actions, but I always admit it's evil what he's done. There are things I blame him for more than others [killing off Lexi, turning Vicky and not looking after her, abusing Caroline], but it doesn't mean that overall I'd agree with what he's done.... I was usually trying to show things from his POV, because you all always ready to judge him Razz

As for Damon/Elena last ep stuff, I agree with what you said. I can see why she doesnt want to be with him and have any kind of relationship. On the other side, like you said she shouldn't have been so cruel to him when she knows how he is. And again, they're gonna need him against Katherine,too. They need to stick together, because all Katherine wants is to make chaos and torn them all apart. Elena's attitude isnt going to help anything, although I see why she's angry.

Yea. Lol. Stefan. He's great really. I was never bashing him, I alwasy only claimed he's boring. and he WAS. Now you gotta love him, yup. He's more fun, more cool and seems fearless. He's also smiling how you pointed out and it's lovely smile. He doesn't smile often, but yea it's good to look at. He and Car have some chemistry, I could see them together. Stefan is cool enough to deal with her shallowness and she's fun enough to make Stefan wild Very Happy

coughhelpscough*

pfff my addiction is quite innocent you idjit Razz
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Oh, oh, aaand, another thing about Stefan I love is that he's concerned about others first. Much as I love Damon, you really cannot say that about him. It was great how, as soon as Elena told him of the danger of werewolves to vampires, Stefan obviously didn't give a damn about himself. Instead, he INSTANTLY started looking for Caroline with a face full of worry. Apparently, the danger he was in himself didn't even flash into his mind. Awwww. You're a good guy, Stefan! heart
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Agree about Stefan. He's sweetie. Then, I always loved more "bad" guys.

BTW, anyone else is wondering how Katherine got into Caroline's house? Damn. How Caroline got into the house?! Shouldn't they be invited in first?! Shocked
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Good point! I wonder if they'll address that or let it slide.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:21 pm

So far, they made it look like Katherine totally needs to be invited in and now what?! she can walk into her house?! Only thing crosses my mind, but it's not good.... unless sheriff Forbes is dead, I cannot see how they could get in without invitation.

And btw, back to older ep - I read this point over the net - did Bonnie know that Katherine turned Caroline?! Did anyone told her?! Maybe she burnt Damon for it?!
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:25 pm

I'm guessing she knows. I think she definitely would've killed Damon if she thought he'd done it!
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm

No, but it's weird. {we're so off topic again, lol}
Remember how it happened?! Bonnie came there and saw that Caroline is all covered in blood. She didn't believe she was a vamp, touched her hand and then... saw she really is a vamp. But then Stefan took Caroline inside and no one told Bonnie who turned Caroline. Damon came there, was making silly comment "I wouldnt wanna be you buddy" about dead guy Bonnie liked.... and then Bonnie took him down?! So how could she possibly now?! Oh well.. Maybe there are some off screen conversations, but writers seem to have little issues. They should be careful, because fans are very very sensitive and perceive even little things
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:48 pm

She didn't know then. She's bound to by now, though. Again, if she didn't, she'd have gone after Damon again when no one was around to stop her this time.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down