Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memory Lane

3 posters

Go down

Memory Lane Empty Memory Lane

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:29 am

Hmmm. . .prepare for mega disjointedness!

*SIGH* Damn, it, Damon, damn it! I actually wasn't as fond of him as usual in this one. He was cutely charming at the BBQ, but why the hell did he stab Mason? Mason was super cool, wanting peace, and Damon has to be even more Damonish than usual and ruin it? What an ass! I also wasn't fond of his satisfied little smirk when he thought Stefan and Elena had broken up. I'd expect more complex feelings and expression of such from him by now. I'd think that, yes, on one hand he'd be glad Elena's available, but on the other hand perhaps at least feel a twinge of sadness for his brother and maybe even Elena. I liked the scared look on his face when Mason got all up in it, though. Laughing He looked awfully good, too, of course. Just all the time. Smile Heh, look at Jenna trying not to like him. When will people (especially females) learn you just can't dislike Damon? I'm annoyed with him tonight, and I still adore him. That's kinda sick, isn't it? Embarassed

So, Mason's killed someone?! He seems so cool. Hopefully, it was in self-defense or defense of another. Also, hopefully, he and Damon can make up eventually. Something tells me it'll take Stefan to make it happen; Stefan always has to clean up Damon's messes. Seriously, I can't understand why Damon did that! Is this like a Lexie (sp.?) thing or did he have a good reason? Mmf. Damon. Evil or Very Mad So, obviously, Tyler's almost certainly gonna end up killing someone. Yikes! Surely it'll be a defensive killing; Tyler's a hot-head, but doesn't seem like an actually bad dude.

There Stefan goes, being a bad-ass again! They're spoiling me with the bad-assery. I feel like I need it in every single episode now. Sweet, placid Stefan is nice, but tends to fade into the background. Bad-ass, in-control, self-assured, stabby-tortury (if that wasn't a word, it is now. Memorize it. Use it) Stefan is HOT! I really didn't see the stabbing of Katherine coming; that was awesome! It was very cool to watch him go from feeling overwhelmed, unsure & bewildered by realizing what he'd had with Katherine was real then to being disgusted and pissed the hell off when she admitted to sacrificing 26 people to save herself (or the other way around, whichever it was). His and Elena's "fight" fooled me! They're very good actors. She must've been in a lot of school plays and such. Wink

Aw, poor Caroline. I was all excited when she turned, thinking now was her chance to get to be assertive and stop getting shit upon, and then along comes Katherine. I'm glad Elena figured out what was up and she and Stefan have their eye on her. Maybe when this blows over, Elena will have a long talk with her that convinces her to try being with Matt after all. If he'll take her back. Crying or Very sad

Hee hee, Alaric's so serious, isn't he? He was Mr. Intense the whole episode. I couldn't make out what Damon said to him at the door; something about not seeing/catching the game? Anyone? He was looking damned good as usual, too. Oh, the haircut! Nice!

Hmm, so I had Katherine pegged all wrong? She's NOT a psycho? Can someone be partially psycho? If so, then she is. So, OK, maybe she did love Stefan. So? She's still an evil bitch. Right?
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Memory Lane Empty Re: Memory Lane

Post  helps Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 pm

/sigh/

Okeeeeey, why none of this made me happy?! It wasnt bad episode, but I guess I simply dont like what Im seeing.

They made Damon really look so silly. BAD WRITING. He is such an awesome character and it seems that they try to make Stefan more compelling so they took all Damon qualities and put them into Stefan character, but .... anyway, ignore my whining its just silly that they made Damon to attact Mason after he offered him peace - I mean, he really didnt have any good reason for picking up a fight /only maybe Damon thought he´s lying and wanted to be sure theyre safe/.
Then whole Katherine thing left me torn up. So Damon is an idiot who didnt notice she has no feelings for him?! And then spent whole life wanting to get her back? LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME! scratch
Only thing I really enjoyed was HOT! Rick and Jenna´s interactions with Damon. Oh and Mason is pretty and seemed nice. Im sorry Damon was such an ass to him.

Tho, I love ya Damon and you´ll ALWAYS be my no. 1 heart
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Whoa, helps, even YOU weren't thrilled with Damon in this one?! Shocked Yeah. They had to bust out his extra asshole powers in this one. Damn it.

I don't think Damon's an idiot for thinking Katherine loved him. She played him and she's a great player. Even a genius can get played if the player is good at what she/he is doing.

Um, Ian was going overboard with making the Damon wide eyes in this one, too. He needed to crank that down a notch.

KNow what? I find Katherine rather boring. I kinda wish she'd just go away.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:04 pm

I don't think Damon's an idiot for thinking Katherine loved him. She played him and she's a great player. Even a genius can get played if the player is good at what she/he is doing.

Guess, you´re right. But it makes his waiting for her lame. VERY lame.

Kinda agree about Katherine. If all she wants is Stefan, then f--k her. Im not interested. I thought she wanted to play games, create chaos and stuff, but it looks like baaaaaaaaaad romance. Everyone loves someone who cannot/dont want to be with them. If they keep it up, I might get tired of it. Tho, first three eps were cool, so I hope they keep it up.

helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:11 pm

You're preaching to the choir there. I've always thought Damon pathetic and petty for pining for her while punishing Stefan all these years. Suck it up and grow up, pretty boy.
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:09 pm

Ok, so I'm not gonna quote this time, so I can use smilies at my leisure. I am too lazy to get them from down of the end of what I have already written/quoted and to copy them where I want them. Also too lazy to quote your posts bit by bit, which would make inserting smilies possible. Deal with it! Twisted Evil

helps has a point. It almost seems someone has decided that Ian shouldn't get all the fangirly craziness, so they lame Damon down and cool Stefan up. Or whatever. You know what I mean. wild ride (I love this cucumber riding banana!)
Making an enemy of Mason wasn't hilarious Damon meanness, it was plain stupid. Or maybe Damon is still depressed/suicidal, and his means of choice committing suicide is angering a werewolf. But I don't think that's the case.

It think it very possible Mason happened to kill someone in a bar fight, unintentionally, given the anger management issues of pre-curse-activated werewolf potentials. If such an incident happened it might not only have Mason turn into a wolf, it might also have really motivated him to work on his anger management problems. Hence the career of surfer dude, they are usually pretty laid back, no?

Stefan was supercool. However I called it both times, that he not really suddenly rediscovered his feelings before stabbing her, and I was pretty sure the fight was just for show for Caroline to witness.
Caroline is being annoying again. Not in her old way, but why did she obey Katherine? bitchfight Sure, Katherine is powerful, but Caroline could have gone to the Salvatore brothers for help.

No idea what Ric meant about the game.

I'm still not entirely convinced Katherine loved Stefan. She was probably in love with the idea that he really loved her, which is very different from being in love with him. I'm with Stefan, getting him back is not the only, and probably not even the main reason she's back. Katherine definitely is a psycho! I wonder if we'll see the guy she gave the moonstone to again. What does that moonstone do, that Mason wants it so badly? Preventing the turn?

I'm with you Cookie, nothing against Nina, but she's getting to much screen time with the double role. Less Katherine, more old style Damon, I say! Memory Lane 448577

Calena
in the trunk of the Impala

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:14 am

About making Damon look worse to make Stefan look better, I agree, but only for this episode. I don't feel he's outshined Damon in the others, just pulled up more even with him, which I've been enjoying. I've been thrilled at having usual Damon + newly-bad-assed Stefan! Now, if they'll just toss Alaric into the mix more liberally, I'll be super thrilled!

I'm willing to bet Damon did what he did just for pure, base survival and, yes, it was stupid! If they're going to drag out this Damon-and-Mason-as-enemies storyline, they'll either have to make me stop liking Mason or give me some good reason in Damon's crazy head for what he's done, otherwise, Damon's going to fall out of favor with me P.D.Q. As the earlier episodes have proven, there's certainly no need to make Damon look worse in order for Stefan to look better. They were doing fine making them more even and need to continue on that path.

Good call, Calena; being a surfer dude does look like an over-the-top attempt at mellowing out. Mason certainly seemed haunted by killing someone, so I sincerely doubt the killing was premeditated/cold-blooded. I like the guy, I hope they don't have to ruin him in order to put Damon back to rights.

Also, as to the Stefena fight, now I wonder if Damon didn't realize they were pretending and that's why he smirked. I want to think so.

ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Calena Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 am

ExtraCookie wrote:

Also, as to the Stefena fight, now I wonder if Damon didn't realize they were pretending and that's why he smirked. I want to think so.

Yeah! That's a great idea! alien I want it to be so. Because if Damon knows it was only a pretend-fight, he will have doubly the fun coming on to Elena and telling her now she's not with Stefan anymore she *needs* him as a friend. happy-ish lol!

I've been thrilled at having usual Damon + newly-bad-assed Stefan!
NIG has now discovered VD too (do you want to read that thread? If so I'll give you the link, but I don't want to push it on you) and I just said at the other forum that I love VD for giving us to great, interesting to watch and droolworthy opposite ends of the spectrum: Hot headed, unstable, hilariously funny Damon and cool, calm, collected, mature Stefan.
I also like that it has been obvious for a while that what we see of Stefan is just the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot more to him than you see on first glance. He had character development before the show even started, he wasn't always a nice, humanist (as in loving humans), vegetarian vampire.
Damon on the other hand is at best on the very beginning of undergoing some sort of maturing (is that a word?) process. Beginning with the lesson "no, you should not hit on your brother's girlfriend". brothers follow the rulez wild ride

Calena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down