Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc.

3 posters

Go down

SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. Empty SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc.

Post  helps Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 pm

HERE YOU CAN GO WILD ABOUT SEASON 1 Smile
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

https://mysteryspot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. Empty Re: SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc.

Post  helps Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:25 am

I'm not rewatching TVD - I started with ep 6 and now I'm at 12, I think.

DAMON
1. I love him, love him, love him.... but thought he really shouldnt have let Vicky run around which caused her death. I have no words - the scene where Matt was looking for Vicky and asked Elena, who was forced to die - wow, she had to lie to him and it was too emo No Matt was like "Oh, she's like my mom. They always were like that... " etc. Poor Vicky was dead and he though she was just partying somewhere. Also points go to Elena - I was thinking how incredible this is. Whole her relationship with Stefan. She's been through a lot. The way she was forced to lie to her friends and family[take for example erasing Jeremy's memory] - that's so crazy and yet so cool what she did for Salvatores. I hate Bonnie, really don't know why, but I never liked her. On the other side, I get that she's not like Elena, taking things how they are and moving on. It's not Bonnie's boyfriend and everything that happened since Stefan appeared in Elena's life is kinda awful, crazy, weird... So much drama, hurt feelings, dead people... Still I don't get how Elena could go through that and still not giving it up. Again, I sort of admire her for that.
2. Damon, treating Caroline like shit - not cool angry I love him. With all his bad manners, it all makes Damon -->> Damon. But still it wasn't nice when he treated her like a garbage. And for that matter Matt is treating her bad,too. SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 584897
3. Alaric is way cool. He was awesome in those scenes where he faced Damon. Yay. He's pretty pissed off everytime he meets him,lol.

I think I said it all. I'll think about it and come back later... byyye for now
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. Empty Re: SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc.

Post  blackdarkness Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Hey my Satan who talks to me at night and force me to do weird things Twisted Evil
So I will try to post something meaningful. As I said in my introduction I like TVD not so much as SPN heart I like that story where is everything so complicated and I like Damon from first scene. I still doubt if I like that second guy or not confused and my memory is so miserable that I forget his name lol Very Happy you see I really have to rewatch TVD Very Happy and then I think I will be able to speak about it more...maybe I will remember if I see what Satan says...sooo
DAMON 1. I love him, love him, love him.... but thought he really shouldnt have let Vicky run around which caused her death.
yes He is really cute and as a badass he is perfect Smile if he played good guy I wouldnt like him so much I think...and hell helpsie I'm pretty glad that she is dead...she was weird and she was dope ...aah I'm so glad she is not there anymore...anyway I agree with you that he should bite her ...but it was interesting at least bounce

I hate Bonnie, really don't know why, but I never liked her.
well this girls seems to me pretty weird from the beginning. She has weird facial expression and she talks like she woudnt be from 21st century agree I dont like her either !!! Now when I'm thinking about what I remember I kinda don't like Elena a little bit because she cares about everything, want to know everything and she would like to be everywhere...damn that scene when Damon went to save Stephan (that's his name? woow? don't like this name, even for that guy lol! ) well so Damon said to Elena that its toooooo dangerous...and normal human would get it..but she ? NAAAH why? why would she do it? she pissed me off so much in that moment... she is intrusive and thats why I dont like her a little.
Back to Stephan's name SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 852148 maybe in that century when he was born it was cool but I can doubt there was some better names to give which would be cool in previous century and also in that 21st one.

2. Damon, treating Caroline like shit - not cool angry I love him.
as I said I have bad memory and for hour or more I'm thinking about who the hell is Caroline? no idea...fresh my memory pls SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 805508

soo now I'm going to watch buffy-the vampire slayer and then grey's anatomy..be back then..see ya :-P

ow one more thing Smile pls can sb tell me how to edit my signature? I dont know how should I put there a pic? thx Smile
blackdarkness
blackdarkness
fangless sparkling vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Glad that you forced yourself to post over here, so Im not tlaking to myself, lol.

I'm in love with Damon which is no secret, but as for Stefan, I can tell I like him a lot,too. He's different, at times he bores me, sometimes hos worrying is even bothering, but still.... He's younger Damon's brother and without him, it wouldnt be the same. From audience's view, I love Damon so much more, because he's so complex, hurt and at the same time so much fun. But from POV of for example Elena, I see some good qualities where Stefan beats Damon. [well, only a little, but..] Stefan cares a lot, he's sensitive, emphatic, nice, kind, as Damon he's smart,... I mean as for Elena the choice should be easy. If she was blind Laughing
Anyway, I'm hopeful for Stefan, because I've read that he's gonna be more fun in season 2. Let's hope so.

As for Damon - yea, he's a bad guy, but he isn't. He's awesome in the way he is. He's doing bad stuff, but he's not overall evil. He's actually hurt and although it's twisted, he makes those horrible things out of love. Shocked sad I know, it's no excuse, but it actually helps that we get to see his softer side,too. I'm actually happy to see him more soft, because it makes Damon even more interesting and compelling. As for Vicky, yep she was a dope and was living wasty bad life, so I can see why Damon would kill her. What I didn't like was the way how she was killed and how Elena had to lie to Matt. Re-watch that scene- it was heart-breaking. Mattie thinking his sister is irresponsible and that she's not caring about him enough to let him know where she is etc. and Elena just after being witness of her murder, lying to Matt she doesn't know anyting. Must have been hard and it wouldnt have happened if Damon was looking out for her instead of messing around.

LOL, I dont get your talk about centuries, but I agree about Bonnie. I think I don't like actress, the way she plays Bonnie or something. How I said, it wasnt anything she did, I disliked her since the beginning and I'm still not sure why. She just wasn't fitting in for me. BUT NOW - I can tell I hate her. I cannot stand her. What she did after her granny died. How she treated her BFF. Not cool! She's not the only one who lost someone close. Elena and Jer lost their parents. Poor Jer even lost Vicky and Anna. Damon and Stef lost Katherine. Now Bonnie is acting like she's the only one who's hurt and think that she can boss people around, only because she's a witch. I hate this new attitude of her, srsly.

OMG! Caroline is a blond chick, in the beginning being used by Damon. Now dating Matt, blond guy.

Signature - you go to your profile, click signature and there u edit it. I don't know how else to describe that.

helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blackdarkness Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:48 am

haha you looked like an idiot at one moment Twisted Evil rofl

Stefan is good guy and thats the matter. Plus he has weird eyes. I think there is almost nothing so special or interesting on Stefan. Yes as you said we girls has some deviation on hurted handsome men plus Damon is funny with his perverse humour SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 805508 yup yup yup stefan is man of our fantasy, man who is right as you said. every woman would have stefan as her boyfriend cause he is like that. But we should care about how he behave cause he is not our boyfriend, he's Elena's. And as I said she is weird too - so two weird ppl sorry-vampire and human but still weird. Now I think I watch TVD just because of Damon and his story Laughing
WHAT? are you kidding me? he and more fun? bloodyhell!!!! they should made him more funny in first season. If

I remember well...he started to drink human blood right? ooow I see so that's the reason of his sudden turn to be more funny. agree when he will run in superaudible speed and catch some people in woods or in really black corridor rofl that's gonna be pretty funny and also the facial expression of Elena when she will get to know ....and maybe in one episode maybe two of them he will be sooo thirsty and he will attack Elena cause her blood is sooo tasty (as it used to be) and he won't be albe to resist anymore......

Just one thing: prepared? LOVE IS BITCH rofl
well I'm curious what he will do when his love who broke his heart will come back ...its gonna be interesting...then he will kill because of lovelorn love ... yup love is the reason for everything!

HUH.....helpsie are you crazy? Very Happy and what was she supossed to said to him? Matt, your sister was killed by vampire cause she became a vampire because one vampire who bite her in woods and then he was drinking from her for a long time and he played with her like a cat with mouse rofl Very Happy LOL SHE HAD TO LIE, its not right I know, I also hate it, but sometime you have to lie for bigger well....

Well In my speech of centuries I lost a little Very Happy but the main is that we hate her Smile SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 805508
Ow hell ! now I know... I also hate Caroline because she is the way of pink barbie girl chairshot and I hate her false or artificial smile...arrg Very Happy

well I think that problem about signature is bigger then you think so you will have to explain it to me in english SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 852148
blackdarkness
blackdarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:24 am

Now I think I watch TVD just because of Damon and his story Laughing

It was for me like this for couple of episodes, but I have to admit I like him and Stefan together and especially him and Alaric! Very Happy

I think you misunderstand me --
1] Stefan is gonna be more fun, but he's not drinking humans. He did in one or two eps, but that's over. They helped him out and he's okey and sucking animals in woods again Razz But as for what I've read he's gonna be more fun, simply because he changed a little or thanks to Katherine?! Who knows...
2]
HUH.....helpsie are you crazy? Very Happy and what was she supossed to said to him? Matt, your sister was killed by vampire cause she became a vampire because one vampire who bite her in woods and then he was drinking from her for a long time and he played with her like a cat with mouse rofl Very Happy LOL SHE HAD TO LIE, its not right I know, I also hate it, but sometime you have to lie for bigger well....

I of course understand she had to lie, but I didn't like she was forced to. It must have been really hard and I was sorry for her and sorry for Matt. I agree that vamp/human relationships are NOT natural and all things Elena did for Salvatores - she deserves some credit. I pointed it out, because you said you dislike her,too but I think she's been handling whole vamp thing very well and was great support to Stefan and even to Damon.

ust one thing: prepared? LOVE IS BITCH rofl

It's LOVE SUCKS & LIFE IS A BITCH!

BTW, what do u think girls? SHouldn't we ban Terri for using such an awful words? SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 918938

Ow hell ! now I know... I also hate Caroline because she is the way of pink barbie girl chairshot and I hate her false or artificial smile...arrg Very Happy

Ahhh. I think you forgot about second half of TVD s1,lol. You don't remember? Caroline was bitchy and shallow in the beginning... Well, she's still kinda shallow. But there's no way I'd hate her like I hate Bonnie, because in fact she's lonely scared little girl inside. This kind of behavior is usually defensive. You know that people are not usually how they seem to be on the outside. You get to look through them. Caroline was treated like crap by major part of people around her - even her friends, Damon, Matt... But now she's changed and I think she's going to be fun in s2.

Asi si chtěla říct, že s tím podpisem ti to mám vysvětlit v češtině ne? Very Happy jdi do svýho profilu, tam klikni na signature, a normálně jak tam máš to okýnko, tak tam zkopíruješ link k tomu sigu kterej chceš mít. Musíš ho mít ale nahranej někde na netu a pak dáš zkopírovat přímej!!!! link =direct link a ten pak vložíš normálně přes ikonku vložit obrázek kterou tam máš taky někde. To najdeš, hledej šmudlo whistle peace
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blackdarkness Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:57 am

I think you misunderstand me --
1] Stefan is gonna be more fun, but he's not drinking humans. He did in one or two eps, but that's over. They helped him out and he's okey and sucking animals in woods again Razz But as for what I've read he's gonna be more fun, simply because he changed a little or thanks to Katherine?! Who knows...
2]
he is not? thats weird I remember that he is ... anyway he can start again its not refuted Wink
fun because of Katherine? hmm interesting theory... I think she is pretty evil and you think he will be more funny because she will kill just white rabbits? rofl I mean she will kill ppl and Stefan hates it! He doesnt agree with this, he accept it at Damon but I'm not so sure if he will accept it at katherine...anyway I'm curious if we will know why he changed to be more funny guy and not that serious man with bad look SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 852148

I of course understand she had to lie, but I didn't like she was forced to. It must have been really hard and I was sorry for her and sorry for Matt.
poor thing Very Happy:D:D

It's LOVE SUCKS & LIFE IS A BITCH!
BTW, what do u think girls? SHouldn't we ban Terri for using such an awful words?
I think that both sucks and are bitches! shoot
NO NO NO amigo Very Happy Girls say no way she just came! and don't pretend you are angel in this Razz you are bad bad SATAN agree so you shouldnt tell such a words like ban!!!

Ahhh. I think you forgot about second half of TVD s1,lol. You don't remember? Caroline was bitchy and shallow in the beginning... Well, she's still kinda shallow. But there's no way I'd hate her like I hate Bonnie, because in fact she's lonely scared little girl inside. This kind of behavior is usually defensive. You know that people are not usually how they seem to be on the outside. You get to look through them.
yea maybe I forget but I still remember that she is shallow and I dont like her... ok I used too hard words..I just dislike her...I hate bonnie!
wohoo so you see through the people in television . very nice Very Happy lol (just kidding. I know how you mean that)

Asi si chtěla říct, že s tím podpisem ti to mám vysvětlit v češtině ne? Very Happy
yep I wanted to write in czech but because of I started to thing in english again a wrote that you will have to explain it to me in english Very Happy lol
I got it I got it Smile happy-ish rofl
blackdarkness
blackdarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:16 pm

*Gasp!* You said the B word! I'm horrified! (At least she didn't say the other B word, the one that got me banned at the Lounge! Shocked) My sweet, child-like innocence has been shattered! helps, do something; we cannot tolerate such horrible, awful language. Talking about female dogs is just WRONG! follow the rulez NOT. Smile

Um, Czech chicks? It's OK to explain things to each other in Czech if one misunderstands the other's English; I'm not THAT paranoid! Besides, I may learn a few new Czech words. If anyone got that paranoid, there are always translator sites. Very Happy

There has got to be some reason Czech chicks hate Bonnie. I don't mean now, after she's been all bitchy, but before. It's freaky. I think there must be some cultural thingie going on there. Maybe she reminds you of a villainess in some Czech fairy tale or something. We need to figure this out! scratch
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  helps Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:16 pm

FIRST OF ALL - sorry for not being around. I was and am kinda busy and tired these days. But don't u worry, I'll be here for TVD premiere, that's for sure Twisted Evil

he is not? thats weird I remember that he is ... anyway he can start again its not refuted Wink

Nope, you should rewatch it. It's not really like that. He was human blood addict only for one ep or two. But now he's fine. I think it has nothing to do[or little] with the fact that Katherine is back. I think Stefan is gonna be more fun and relaxed simply because of what he's been through in s1 and maybe he even sees some good qualities in Damon,too. ANyways, I'm not sure how he's gonna act during second season, I only read one article where they mentioned it.

I mean she will kill ppl and Stefan hates it! He doesnt agree with this, he accept it at Damon but I'm not so sure if he will accept it at katherine..

Actually this is not true at all. It's not about Stefan accepting anything. SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 918938 ALL vampires usually drink human blood. Stefan is only freak that kills animals for blood, LOL. So I think he doesnt even expect other vamps to not drink human blood. I think he's fine with it, because it's natural to all of them. Even his best friend Lexi was drinking humans.

*Gasp!* You said the B word! I'm horrified! (At least she didn't say the other B word, the one that got me banned at the Lounge! Shocked) My sweet, child-like innocence has been shattered! helps, do something; we cannot tolerate such horrible, awful language. Talking about female dogs is just WRONG! follow the rulez NOT. Smile

I KNOW! Shouldn't I ban her for good? I mean what if she comes back and use that B word again?! OMG. That could have serious impact on us SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 172736

There has got to be some reason Czech chicks hate Bonnie. I don't mean now, after she's been all bitchy, but before. It's freaky. I think there must be some cultural thingie going on there. Maybe she reminds you of a villainess in some Czech fairy tale or something. We need to figure this out! scratch

I'm not sure about Nikki and Teri hating her from the beginning. But I sure disliked her and didn't enjoy her since the start and now... now I can really tell I hate her. Because she's horrible, annoying and SO bitchy.

BTW, this is such a great article - It so explains why Damon is better for Elena SEASON 1 - thoughs on the finale etc. 283147

In a memorable scene near the end of the first season of The Vampire Diaries, Elena Gilbert’s birth mother Isobel tells her that “as long as [she] has a Salvatore on each arm, [she’s] doomed.” Isobel is, of course, referring to Stefan and Damon Salvatore, the vampire brothers who vie for the affections of Elena – and the viewers. At the end of the season, Elena has clearly told both brothers that she wants to be with Stefan, but she hasn’t exactly cut off her strong connection with Damon, either. So is Isobel right? Is Elena doomed?

I wouldn’t condemn her so quickly. What makes this love triangle so compelling is the fact that, while Elena has deep connections with both vampire brothers, she relates to them in very different ways. And while they both love Elena, they fill different emotional and psychological needs for her.

Shortly before the series starts, Elena suffers the traumatic loss of her parents in a car accident. When she begins to date Stefan, he provides exactly what she needs to facilitate her healing process. He offers her strong, unconditional love, of the sort that she can’t necessarily get from her well-meaning but overwhelmed aunt, her troubled brother, or her friends who are wrapped up in their own adolescent dramas. Obviously, nothing can replace her parents’ love, but when Stefan enters her life and shows that he is willing and able to focus almost all of his time and energy on Elena, she begins to feel a little less alone in the world.

Stefan’s supernatural abilities also mean that he can protect Elena in a way that mortal suitors such as Matt cannot. (Of course, it can also be argued that Elena is more likely to get into danger when she’s hanging out with vampires in the first place.) This sense of security is vital for a girl who has so recently lost the people who formed the very structure of her world. With Stefan – at least when he’s off the human blood – Elena can feel completely safe, and this allows her to start trusting people again and to begin to look away from the tragedies of the past and toward her future.

Damon, on the other hand, lets Elena occasionally step out of this ring of security and attain a higher level of agency in her own life. While he, too, tries to protect her, he tends to be more willing to recognize her as part of the team rather than as solely the object of protection. In Bloodlines, a defining episode for the relationship between Damon and Elena, Elena saves Damon’s life, and this puts them on more equal footing. Later, Damon and Elena bond and become a real team when they work together to wean Stefan from human blood. Obviously, Elena can’t compete with the vampires’ supernatural strength or speed, but she can still play an active and important role in the events that unfold, and Damon – perhaps less terrified of losing her than his brother is – sees this more readily.

While Stefan gives Elena someone she can trust implicitly, Damon allows her to be that trusted person. Elena is probably the only person Damon really trusts, and the knowledge of his unique trust in her makes her more confident and increases her self-worth. Damon even goes so far as to trust Bonnie because Elena asks him to, and this backfires when Bonnie lies to Elena about neutralizing Johnathan Gilbert’s weapon. Damon doesn’t seem to hold it against her, but how will Elena deal with this inadvertent betrayal of Damon’s trust when the new season begins? Will she blame herself for the circumstances that almost led to the deaths of both Damon and Stefan?

Even though he trusts her completely, Damon is more willing than Stefan to acknowledge that Elena is a complex adult with her own issues and faults. One reason why Damon can see Elena as a more complicated individual is because his feelings and intentions toward Katherine are more complicated, too. He spends much of the season trying to find Katherine, but depending on his mood, he may be as likely to kill Katherine as kiss her when he does eventually find her. Stefan, on the other hand, insists that he has no interest in Katherine anymore. To reassure Elena about her place in his heart, Stefan tends to play up Katherine’s (considerable) faults. And while he can’t pretend that he didn’t initially become interested in Elena because of her resemblance to Katherine, he’s spent a lot of time convincing Elena, Damon, and everyone else that he loves Elena for herself, rather than as a Katherine substitute.

It’s more complicated than that for both Salvatores, of course, and Damon is more apt to see the shades of gray. He realizes that Elena and Katherine both have their good and bad points, so Elena doesn’t have to be perfect with him. This means that she can relax around him, leading to scenes such as the one in Bloodlines when they do shots together at the bar. Without the pressure of Stefan’s sometimes-idealized picture of her, Elena is free to explore what it means to be herself, rather than the sad Gilbert girl the rest of the town sees or the anti-Katherine who Stefan loves.

It turns out that Isobel has it all wrong. It is only by having a Salvatore on each arm that Elena can recover from the trauma of her parents’ deaths and grow into the strong, independent woman she’s meant to be. That’s why I hope the love triangle continues through the second season and beyond. Elena needs both the Salvatores to stick around long enough for her to grow up and reach the point at which she knows herself well enough to choose the future that’s right for her.

Katherine Welsh is a New Hampshire-based writer and taxonomist. (No, that doesn’t involve dead animals.) She writes about The Vampire Diaries, other TV shows, books, knitting, and more at her blog Kat with a K, and covers Bones, Castle, and The Event for TheTelevixen.com. She’d love to talk to you on Twitter at @katelinnea.
helps
helps
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExtraCookie Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:55 am

blackdarkness (that poor Cardinal at your Christening! Laughing ), I agree with you about Elena. She definitely annoys me sometimes, too. I, too, thought she was an idiot for not staying put like Damon (and Alaric?) told her. I like brave, strong chicks (especially in horror scenarios, since we've traditionally been depicted as bimbos), but there's brave and then there's stupid. I really wish our vamps (Alaric could've joined in too, yay!) would've taken her to task for that. Bad writing, boo! We have a saying in the U.S. (not all that wide-spread, I suppose) that describes how Elena was acting in that ep: she was being "too big for her britches." Very Happy

She can do no wrong in helps's eyes, though. She ADORES her every move. helps and Elena sittin' in a tree . . . Laughing
ExtraCookie
ExtraCookie
Damon's midnight snack
Damon's midnight snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down